Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1992 Version Of Bowe vs 1996 Version Of Andrew Golota Who Wins ??

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default 1992 Version Of Bowe vs 1996 Version Of Andrew Golota Who Wins ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 1992 Version Of Bowe vs 1996 Version Of Andrew Golota Who Wins ??

Bowe,that version of Bowe was a force of nature
    Shame a breakdown in the brain,caused a breakdown in the body

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think bowe catches him early

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hard to say but probably you are right. Bowe would catch him in round 3. Although what worked against Golota was a right hand, and Bowe was counter left hook. Bowe was similar to Virgil Hill just more aggressive. Actually Virgil Hill is the better fighter of the two I think. Alot better. Like some other thread said, he has a pretty good record if you look at it honestly. no great wins but a good solid record.. Bowe does not really, but his fights with Evander make him in hall of fame.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LegendBoxing65
    Hard to say but probably you are right. Bowe would catch him in round 3. Although what worked against Golota was a right hand, and Bowe was counter left hook. Bowe was similar to Virgil Hill just more aggressive. Actually Virgil Hill is the better fighter of the two I think. Alot better. Like some other thread said, he has a pretty good record if you look at it honestly. no great wins but a good solid record.. Bowe does not really, but his fights with Evander make him in hall of fame.
    Golotas jab gave Bowe all problems but in 2nd fight Bowe was on his way to stopping Golota in 4th when Golota use foul low blows tons of times in that round but i think if prime Bowe caught Golota like he did few times in that fight he would be koed.

ICB Guest

I would like to make another comment just watching Bowe again i think he would come out early and ko Golota early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seen his first fight with Evander recently, that guy would have worn down Golota and Knocked him out mid to late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At his peak Bowe seemed destined to be a force in HW boxing for years to come.
    Also very skilled infighter for a big man. Ik think he would KO Golota after he settled in to his game

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDestroyer
    At his peak Bowe seemed destined to be a force in HW boxing for years to come.
    Also very skilled infighter for a big man. Ik think he would KO Golota after he settled in to his game
    He could of koed Golota when he was even past just he used to come out jabbing and waited to long to put pressure on.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bowe by DQ. I don't think Golota could resist giving him another couple of hooks to the knackers.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    Bowe by DQ. I don't think Golota could resist giving him another couple of hooks to the knackers.
    I don't think the fight would last that long to get to that.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    I can't believe I was watching Golota dominate Bowe at a time. It confused me that while he was winning, he chose to go low. That was his chance. What a stupid fuck!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    I can't believe I was watching Golota dominate Bowe at a time. It confused me that while he was winning, he chose to go low. That was his chance. What a stupid F***!
    The man has serious issues thats for sure.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Riddick Bowe that fought Holyfield the first time may have been the greatest ever heavyweight of all time. Nothing and nobody was going to beat him, he had all the tools, skills and determination to win. Shame that Bowe never ever turned up again.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master
    The Riddick Bowe that fought Holyfield the first time may have been the greatest ever heavyweight of all time. Nothing and nobody was going to beat him, he had all the tools, skills and determination to win. Shame that Bowe never ever turned up again.
    I wouldn't go that far Holyfield was very competitive with Bowe until the last 4 rounds when Bowe really took over.

Thread Information