Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Is Lewis Hamilton a sure thing for Sports Personality of the Year? £100 bet?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Lewis Hamilton a sure thing for Sports Personality of the Year? £100 bet?

I'm thinking of sticking a ton on Lewis Hamilton to win Sports Personality of the Year at Christmas. With no major football tournaments or Olympics I can't see anyone who can beat him.

Aside from Andrew Murry winning Wimbledon what could anybody else do?

He looks like he's going to be awesome this year and will probably win at least a couple races. One win would practically guarantee him winning SPOY.

So what do you guys think? The bookies are already ahead of me on this and some have him at 6/4 already but it's possible to get him for 7/4 or 2/1.

Should I bet now, wait until he crashes off and his odds drop a bit or just not bet on him at all as it's too risky?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Lewis Hamilton a sure thing for Sports Personality of the Year? £100 bet?

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I'm thinking of sticking a ton on Lewis Hamilton to win Sports Personality of the Year at Christmas. With no major football tournaments or Olympics I can't see anyone who can beat him.

Aside from Andrew Murry winning Wimbledon what could anybody else do?

He looks like he's going to be awesome this year and will probably win at least a couple races. One win would practically guarantee him winning SPOY.

So what do you guys think? The bookies are already ahead of me on this and some have him at 6/4 already but it's possible to get him for 7/4 or 2/1.

Should I bet now, wait until he crashes off and his odds drop a bit or just not bet on him at all as it's too risky?
    Good shout mate, but Murray could still win it without winning Wimbledon especially if he goes deep into the other slams and qualifys for the year end masters cup which is a couple of weeks before the Sports Personality, i think it can only be between these two really, like you say theres not much else going on.

A better bet mate is to back Hamilton to win a grand prix at 5/2!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Lewis Hamilton a sure thing for Sports Personality of the Year? £100 bet?

I reckon he will probably win the young persons award this year

you can't look past Peter Beagrie to land the top award
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who is Lewis Hamilton
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Who is Lewis Hamilton
    Shame on yuo scrap

Actually I think F1 is a sh1te sport!!

If they all drove the same car and started in a straight line I would find it interesting, coz you would find out who is the best driver, not the best car/team.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks H hadnt a clue cc
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    Who is Lewis Hamilton
    Shame on yuo scrap

If they all drove the same car and started in a straight line I would find it interesting, coz you would find out who is the best driver, not the best car/team.
    well u would still have to do qualifyin if there in same car

if they were in a straight line the track would be a mile wide
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    Who is Lewis Hamilton
    Shame on yuo scrap

Dont they do that now on that shitter version of F1 on sky?? That was given a big build up saying its taking over F1?? I watched the first race about a year ago and fell asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who is Lewis Hamilton
    Lewis Hamilton is the Mike Tyson of GP

Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis Hamilton has only had three F1 races, has never won anything at all and appears to have absolutely no personality at all.

So, by the usual criteria of that award, I's agree he sounds like an absolute dead cert.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    Lewis Hamilton has only had three F1 races, has never won anything at all and appears to have absolutely no personality at all.

So, by the usual criteria of that award, I's agree he sounds like an absolute dead cert.
    Aww come on man that is shat. He's never won anything because he's only 3 races into his F1 career

But he's the ONLY DRIVER EVER to make three consecutive podium finishes in his first three races.

He has no personality? What do you base this on? He's a formuale one driver who has a helmet on for 99% of the time. The only time he's on TV is when he's conducting a post race interview. What the fuck do you want him to do, grab the phone and say 'Alonso you can suck my dick bitch if you think your'e number 1 in this team!', or maybe you'd like him to do a tapdance routine

Anyway my post wasn't about whether he's going to win the Formula One championship or even if he's going to win races, it was just whether he will be a good bet for Sports Personality of the Year?

Thread Information