Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Peter will never beat Wlad, but everybody else...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why Peter will never beat Wlad, but everybody else...

Peter will never have the foot speed to catch Wladimir with a good(legal) punch. He is too short, and too slow with his feet, and trying to keep up with Wladimir will tire him out too much. Peter has good hand speed for his size, and he will dominate Chagaev, Rahman, Briggs, and anyone else who can't him away because he is so strong, and still like I said quick enough on the inside to land on any current heavyweight IF he can get in. Anyways thats how I see the heavyweight division
    Klitschko(Wlad, and probably his brother)
    Peter
    Chagaev
    the rest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why Peter will never beat Wlad, but everybody else...

But he did catch him a few times in their fight?
    Dropped him a few times too didn't he? I swear I didn't dream it...
    Peter keeps improving everything about his game. For such a lumbering unrefined fighter, he's been showing a lot more skill at actual boxing in his last two fights.
    Even showed he has a jab!
    Sure he was clearly beaten by Wlad in their fight but that was by far his biggest step up at that point when he was still a young prospect. And even with his sloppy, unrefined style he was still able to drop Wlad a couple times.
    If he keeps improving his game and stamina, couple that with his awesome power and good handspeed and I see him atop that HW list eventually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by meowza
    But he did catch him a few times in their fight?
    Dropped him a few times too didn't he? I swear I didn't dream it...
    Peter keeps improving everything about his game. For such a lumbering unrefined fighter, he's been showing a lot more skill at actual boxing in his last two fights.
    Even showed he has a jab!
    Sure he was clearly beaten by Wlad in their fight but that was by far his biggest step up at that point when he was still a young prospect. And even with his sloppy, unrefined style he was still able to drop Wlad a couple times.
    If he keeps improving his game and stamina, couple that with his awesome power and good handspeed and I see him atop that HW list eventually.
    Good post. Totally agree.

People say that he didn't put up a good legal or legit fight against Wlad...but he did. Sure he hit him in the back of the head a few times...but that can also be attributed to Wlad leaning in also.

Truthfully...I think that he might have a shot at Wlad if he keeps improving his game like he did against Toney.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still say the only reason he looked good against Toney is
    1. Toney isn't what he used to be even look at him against Rahman, and that should show have far his defensive game has diminished.
    2. Peter is a good inside fighter, but his distance game is not very good.
    3. Peter has shown any improvement IMO in Footspeed
    4. He wasn't able to hit Wlad with legal shots.
    5. It doesn't matter how much he proves certain parts of his game because until he can slip a jab well or become quicker of foot he will never be able to get in on Wlad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i don't think there is anyone out there that can beat the klitshcko brothers.

for the record vitaly beats wlady though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Peter will never have the foot speed to catch Wladimir with a good(legal) punch. He is too short, and too slow with his feet, and trying to keep up with Wladimir will tire him out too much. Peter has good hand speed for his size, and he will dominate Chagaev, Rahman, Briggs, and anyone else who can't him away because he is so strong, and still like I said quick enough on the inside to land on any current heavyweight IF he can get in. Anyways thats how I see the heavyweight division
    Peter
    Chagaev
    the rest
    Good post....Totally agree. CC
    Ya see..Those rabbit punches were not attributed to wlad leaning in...They were part of his arsenal. Look at the james toney fights...Same sh!t happen there too...peter was exposed for what he was...A great B fighter. Thats all he will ever be. Even if (which he prolly will) he beats Maskaev, he will lose it to the first fighter who can jab and keep him at bay (either klitschko). Everyone says he improved so much from wlad fight = to the second james toney fight. Yet ive been waiting for anyone to tell me why this is so. Cuz i still didnt see it, i saw a natural heavyweight, outpoint a blownup SMW that couldnt even put out ruiz......
    If thats an improvement, than..wow.
    to me he is still one demensional, he relys on his strength to get him through. But when he doesnt get through, he gets lit up.... AKA the judah shuffle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Peter
    Chagaev
    the rest
    what u talking about? like all those punches to the back of the head of wlad were questionable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also Toney is only a B fighter at heavyweight and cruiserweight. At the middleweight divisions he was A+ all the way. He was fast, great counter puncher with power, and stamina along with that chin... he was amazing back in the day.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BS. Peter can and will avenge that loss to Wladimir. If he doesn't, then beating everybody else means nothing, least to me. If he doesn't beat Wlad, then he's not ever going to be THE Man.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    BS. Peter can and will avenge that loss to Wladimir. If he doesn't, then beating everybody else means nothing, least to me. If he doesn't beat Wlad, then he's not ever going to be THE Man.
    hey hulk can peter take ya boyfriend mayorga out? :P

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    I doubt it. Maybe if he bought him some Burger King first though, that might help.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    I doubt it. Maybe if he bought him some Burger King first though, that might help.

ICB Guest

You can't ever say Peter will never win because with Wlad's suspect chin and suspect stamina its 50-50 and Peter has improved since that fight but i don't think Peter will beat Vitali but i do think he has good chance against Wlad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what is the latest with peter maskeav by the way? didnt they agree to move on and fight each other first? isnt this supposed to happen like in june or something? hollaaaaaaaaar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last time they fought Peter dropped Wlad 3 or 4 times i can't remember now and he has improved alot since especially in the 2nd Toney fight I say if they meet again Peter does a number on Wlad

Thread Information