Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Blocking Jab With Right Glove With Crab Style Defense Is It Good Idea ??

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Blocking Jab With Right Glove With Crab Style Defense Is It Good Idea ??

Right was sparring little while ago i watched footage of Witherspoon vs Holmes and was very impressed with how Witherspoon blocked Holmes jab with his right hand in crab style defense and then counter over the top with right and i was trying this and it worked was just wondering if i should do this in future i thought it would be good for countering and also confusing opponent i like to watch alot of old fights to study how they fight but anyway back to my question do you think its good idea for me to continue this defense with countering ??

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Blocking Jab With Right Glove With Crab Style Defense Is It Good Idea ??

ICB, its been around years if your comfortable with it and your coach understands it and the permatations of it great go with it. If he doesnt there could be problems. Its best to start with a basic concept and work from there, its like everything a learning curve.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Blocking Jab With Right Glove With Crab Style Defense Is It Good Idea ??

Question,was the jab you were countering a pawing range finding one,or a stiff one?

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey
    Question,was the jab you were countering a pawing range finding one,or a stiff one?
    Quite stiff one i could feel power of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey
    Quite stiff one i could feel power of it.
    Ok thats a good sign for you getting away with it consistently
    Next question,how were you moving footwork wise,not the crab style you describe per se,thats more the shoulders and the stance.What do you think was working for you footwork wise?

Thread Information