Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Body Fat Down To 10 Percent For Sixpack Read Please

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Getting Body Fat Down To 10 Percent For Sixpack Read Please

Right folks body fat is about 12 or 13 just wanted to know if this is ok for getting body fat down

Eating Fruits Drinking loads of water and no Fatty foods

Cardio Skipping and Jogging for combined 20 mins a day

Loads of crunches and sits ups and leg raises everyday but i do variety of abdominal excercize's

Lifting dumbells everyday and again variety of different exercises i do for my arms

Right wanted to know if im on right track to get 2 percent body fat off to get sixpack.

iffraff Guest

Default Re: Getting Body Fat Down To 10 Percent For Sixpack Read Please

Hey, I'm no trainer but I play one on tv. And that cardio isn't going to cut it. The one thing in your list that is going to effect fat loss the fastest is your cardio and 20 min is not very much. Try at least 30 min of jogging plus some jump rope. That should do you fine.
    R
    good luck

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HazMat Harik
    Hey, I'm no trainer but I play one on tv. And that cardio isn't going to cut it. The one thing in your list that is going to effect fat loss the fastest is your cardio and 20 min is not very much. Try at least 30 min of jogging plus some jump rope. That should do you fine.
    R
    good luck
    Ok ill do it for 30 mins then thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its all about eatin clean foods

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Try long fast walks
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Light weights,high reps

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could you be any more vague/non specific? :P

I'm with Scrap... I've shed most the little fat I had since I started working 'part time' (now up to 30 hours a week on average :P on top of the gym I work in) in a cinema whilst I'm at college.

Not a lot of hard work but I'm constantly brisk walking up and down the corridors all through out my shifts which can range from anything to 4 hours to 12 hours...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why golly yes I could have been
    Eat less and excercise
    That being said,heavy weights and low reps are for building muscle mass,lighter weights with high reps are for cutting fat
    ie 8 reps at pushed weight to build mass
    12 to 15 at lighter weights to cut fat

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Works muscles fibres differently, still gonna mostly be burning glycogen and Creatine though.

Some fat might be employed if he does [u]a lot[/b] of reps but as far as a targeted routine for fat loss... forget it, no one ever lost fat directly from weight lifting.

With the amount of reps you'd have to do to switch over to the Aerobic system you'd be better off just jogging/riding a bike etc... you're employing more muscles groups so you're getting the cardio respatory benefit too. 12-15 is still gonna be using your lactic acid system.

He's not bothered about gaining or loosing muscle mass, just burning fat. Lifting heavier and gaining muscle is gonna boost his metabolism and eat up more calories at rest.

If I wasn't limited to any weight class then my lifting would be focused on gaining strength and lean mass to help eat up my fat reserves at rest, my cardio would be focused on interval training, long and slow for fat burning and short intense for Anaerobic conditioning and to boost my metabolism for fat burning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    Works muscles fibres differently, still gonna mostly be burning glycogen and Creatine though.

Some fat might be employed if he does [u]a lot[/b] of reps but as far as a targeted routine for fat loss... forget it, no one ever lost fat directly from weight lifting.

With the amount of reps you'd have to do to switch over to the Aerobic system you'd be better off just jogging/riding a bike etc... you're employing more muscles groups so you're getting the cardio respatory benefit too. 12-15 is still gonna be using your lactic acid system.

He's not bothered about gaining or loosing muscle mass, just burning fat. Lifting heavier and gaining muscle is gonna boost his metabolism and eat up more calories at rest.

If I wasn't limited to any weight class then my lifting would be focused on gaining strength and lean mass to help eat up my fat reserves at rest, my cardio would be focused on interval training, long and slow for fat burning and short intense for Anaerobic conditioning and to boost my metabolism for fat burning.

Feur spent 5 years as a personal trainer,at one of the most expensive gyms in the suburban Philadelphia area
    Yes theres more to it then JUST lifting
    But lifting is indeed a part of it
    She'll be thrilled to know she was hallucinating the whole time,and her Degree in Sports Medicine from PSU is a figment of her imagination

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Surely she should know that the only way you burn a significant amount of fat from a weight lifting regime is indirectly by building lean muscle mass and raising your Basal Metabolic rate?

Lifting 'high reps and low weights' is not a part of anything other than resistance training. Are we confusing muscle toning exercises with fat loss here?

The duration of a a resistance exercise isn't long enough for your body to have to use your Aerobic system which is the only system that uses fat as an energy source. You'll be doing well to be using the Lactic system for half of it... ATP-CP is what will primarily be used.

The only exercises that are good for targeting fat stores are low intensity, long duration rhythmical exercises that recruit large muscles groups.

Long duration isn't the amount of time it takes your lactic acid and ATP-CP systems to fatigue... by the time you've finished your set they're already resynthesizing ATP.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey

Feur spent 5 years as a personal trainer,at one of the most expensive gyms in the suburban Philadelphia area
    Yes theres more to it then JUST lifting
    But lifting is indeed a part of it
    She'll be thrilled to know she was hallucinating the whole time,and her Degree in Sports Medicine from PSU is a figment of her imagination
    Oh and either discuss this like a grown up with me or put the rattle back in the pram and play elsewhere

Very little is clear cut in this game and I'll debate it with anybody... what I won't do is flaunt my qualifications and experience or those of some one I know (ie: not mine) to prove a point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Surely she should know that the only way you burn a significant amount of fat from a weight lifting regime is indirectly by building lean muscle mass and raising your Basal Metabolic rate?

Lifting 'high reps and low weights' is not a part of anything other than resistance training. Are we confusing muscle toning exercises with fat loss here?

The duration of a a resistance exercise isn't long enough for your body to have to use your Aerobic system which is the only system that uses fat as an energy source. You'll be doing well to be using the Lactic system for half of it... ATP-CP is what will primarily be used.

The only exercises that are good for targeting fat stores are low intensity, long duration rhythmical exercises that recruit large muscles groups.

Long duration isn't the amount of time it takes your lactic acid and ATP-CP systems to fatigue... by the time you've finished your set they're already resynthesizing ATP.
    Yeah she doesnt have a clue your right
    The NSCA Certification means not a thing,or when I wanted to move up to heaveyweight in the 90's and she got me from 170 to 210 within a matter of months
    When you lift at high weights,your creating bulk,when you lift at low weights your creating a burn off factor
    When you run all your really doing is carrying yourself at a high rate of speed
    Same as how your supposed to be lifting when your doing lighter weights
    But your supposed to be doing it at a high speed enough rate to up your heart rate and burn fat
    One of the things she constantly had to beat in to my head,was if I wanted the bulk,I said I wanted,Id have to constantly push the weight,otherwise all I was doing was burning fat

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bulk? Burn off factor?...

Show me a sports medicine book which has these phrases in please? You're just throwing Anecdotes around mate.

The NSCA Certification means not a thing, you're right... I don't care what you've got or say you've got..

Ever heard the saying "money talks and bullshit walks?"

heh... sorry ^ that was cheesy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Name covered because Im not supid,this is the internet,and she'll be more then annoyed at me allready for this urinating contest
    http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...t=HPIM0177.jpg
    http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...t=HPIM0176.jpg
    But there's your bullshit

Thread Information