Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Anyone Going To Be the Undisputed Champ ???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Anyone Going To Be the Undisputed Champ ???

As we all know, the Boxing Divisions are littered with different Champs from different countries...

...so WHO is going to be the next unified champ and in which division will it come

Just interested on your opinions chaps!! How do you see it happening??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Anyone Going To Be the Undisputed Champ ???

There are only three guys in my opinion who have a legit shot to unify a division, that's Floyd at 147, Pac at 130, and Wlad at heavy.
    Pac doesn't own any belts right now, but if he were to fight JMM again, whoever won that fight would be undisputed at 130, I don't care if a couple other fighters owned some joke belts.

Taylor was undisputed champ at 160 when he beat BHop, but he's been stripped of a couple titles. I don't see him unifying again because he'll probably be at 168 before too long.

I'd like to see Rafael Marquez take a shot at unifying 122.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah mann..Here's where i get my moan on!! lol :P

See everyone wana know who the next undisputed heavyweight champ is gona be..

All these fighters want to win a title, defend it once, maybe not atall, Drop it and move up win another title.. Bla bla..

I wana see some of the lighter stars ..go out there and say this is my division.. and i want all the titles..
    Noone seems to do that no more..

In my opinion..If its going to happen atall it'll be the lightweight division and maybe, but with less of a chance the welterweight division..

See frietas is fighting juan diaz to unify, Its no secret that julio diaz wants juan..He says that there too many diaz's and he wants to unify..

David diaz may well be the next fight for erik morales.. and i think erik would pull that off..But it seems he wants that title and then to retire so that leaves one title vacant and hopefully one champion holding all three other belts..

This would mean that juan would have to beat popo thou.. Which might be unlikely..

Regarding the welterweight division..

Theres miguel cotto facing zab judah..Margarito facing williams.. floyd has dropped his title but is still technically the champ with sugar shane bieng interim champ..

Interim champ i suppose wil mean that once floyd has officially dropped the title shane will be the one to fight another fighter for the vacant title..

To me cotto - judah could go either way..

I think tony will probably beat williams and everyone knows that margarito - cotto has been in talks for a fair while!.. I can see miguel beating him thou..

Should zab beat cotto..We can all see by his record that he'll fight anyone..
    I favour him to beat both tony and paul..

Imo cintron is easy pickings for any of them..Mosely is likely to fight him next..And with floyd dropping this title and shane bieng interim champ it may well be that shane faces kermit for his ibf title with a 'vacant' wbc title on the line..That would be excellent..But of course matchmaking like this is not so simple ..

So what it comes down to.. Is probably..

Either cotto or zab vs sugar shane for the undisputed welterweight title of the world..

Seriously though..I find it much more prestigious to see an undisputed champ of one weight rather then a guy who has beaten 4 or 5 ok champs and just moved on and on to different classes!

Anyone else think i should be a promoter :P

Peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito...I completely agree...moan on!!!

Many fighters through the years have been remembered for dominating a division, e.g RJJ, BHop, etc and they stick in the mind for unifying and taking on all comers and dominating that division!

So who could do it now...

Klitschko - Don King says he now wants to see the HeavyDiv unified and he is the only viable person out their to do it...NOW! I happen to think that Haye (in a few years) could dominate that division, but I don't know yet whether that is my heart thinking over my head!

Kessler - I am a true Brit, but I do think that with weak hands Calzaghe would struggle against Kessler. He would dominate Berrio and therefore could easily unify!

Rafael Marquez - True quality. This guy doesn't get enough recognition IMO! I also happen to think the SuperBantams is a weak div and I see him clearing up!

Pac - Needs the title fights. This guy goes after names rather than money and therefore I think he has the mentality that he WANTS to unify the belts.

But this is all dream street. As we know its promotors who make fights and I don't see there being a unified division for the next couple of years!

My bet - Super Middle will be the next unified division! If Clazaghe/Kes comes off!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBox
    Tito...I completely agree...moan on!!!

Many fighters through the years have been remembered for dominating a division, e.g RJJ, BHop, etc and they stick in the mind for unifying and taking on all comers and dominating that division!

So who could do it now...

Klitschko - Don King says he now wants to see the HeavyDiv unified and he is the only viable person out their to do it...NOW! I happen to think that Haye (in a few years) could dominate that division, but I don't know yet whether that is my heart thinking over my head!

Kessler - I am a true Brit, but I do think that with weak hands Calzaghe would struggle against Kessler. He would dominate Berrio and therefore could easily unify!

Rafael Marquez - True quality. This guy doesn't get enough recognition IMO! I also happen to think the SuperBantams is a weak div and I see him clearing up!

Pac - Needs the title fights. This guy goes after names rather than money and therefore I think he has the mentality that he WANTS to unify the belts.

But this is all dream street. As we know its promotors who make fights and I don't see there being a unified division for the next couple of years!

My bet - Super Middle will be the next unified division! If Clazaghe/Kes comes off!
    Joey c should have fought kessler when both had two titles each.. He wants a big legacy but wont put the work in..

Im not a joe fan anyway but its plain to see when kessler and joe are getting the same hype.. its like a race to see who gets more recognition..

and look how great kessler has done..He ko's beyer and looked simply amazing against a great fighter in andrade..

While joe has fought an odd painful to watch fight with bika and fought an undeserving manfredo who was still stopped to early and the controversy does him even less favours..

And now that he has equalled the legend that is bernard hopkins defences record..
    and now he is going to have to fight a bum of a mandatory..

This is causing the resentment to overpower the interest!..
    I mean ..Look how many people were overjoyed at valuev loosing the other week..Me included..Cos he was after rocky marciano's record but had fought bums and got favours..

Its looking bleak for joe..

PAC :P ....

On the other hand is one of those half way theres...

He is without a doubt the champ at superfeather..Kinda a hatton thing..Hatton beat tszyu.. so if you beat the man you become the man..

And pac is beating them all.. And everybody respects him because hes so entertaining , fast powerful you name is he has it going for him..Hes an icon!

So he is the man ..But without the titles..
    the thing is..He knows its the fights that are important..Which they are..

I mean hes been defending an international title and he's unarguably top 2 P4P!! Lol..Im not sure if thats humble or not but its kinda wierd to see..

But at the same time do we say ok..Fight the huge names without titles..
    or fight some interesting and there are some interesting and great fighters with titles which is lucky for him... Marquez could be the title fight and still be big money and legacy forming for him..

Obv valero is a huuge fight fanwise ..we all know about the hard hitting valero but his injuries and liscence problems are keeping him fighting in asia and thats not where the money is.. but if its for a title and can get it on the network then maybe its worth a shot..

Guzman another title holder is a great fight and if pac should take the wbc title from marquez then im all up for unification..

and lets just hope fana gets beaten and title taken by a big name ...so pac can take that too..

Peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Tito...you gonna stick your neck on the line

Who When What weight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Tito...you gonna stick your neck on the line

Who When What weight

Hehe..Gettin bold bro!!..Alright im gona wing it.. I willsaaayyyyyy...Urghhh

So hard to pick...

Im gona say cotto welterweight.. Although Zab will be his biggest test..and i'll prob be with azb for the fight...

I say he beats zab for this arguement.. Unifies by beating margarito
    Cintron looses to sugar shane for wbc and ibf..

And cotto beats mosely..But thats tough to decide..Maybe its mosely who wins..But sticking with cotto for now..I'll say whats that three fights? Then i say 2008 miguel cotto unified welterwieght champ !!

Although if i were to say who i wish would do it!..

I would say Paulie ' magic man' malignaggi beats lovemore Ndou i think they fight in july for his ibf title..
    Witter looses to harris .. magic man unifies by beating Mbaye and harris unifies with a win over torres
    and paulie outboxes vicious vivian harris for the unified title

Lol very unlikely ..But sweet!

Peace..

Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem for getting to be undisputed champ for me is all the bulls**t that promoters and governing bodies are pulling more and more often these days.

Promoters are getting an ever-increasing influence on their fighters' careers, and instead of the fighter telling the promoter who he wants to fight and challenge, it is often the other way around.

The governing bodies is where it gets difficult to be unified champion, cause none of them are willing to recognise the other champions, thus they'll be telling fighters they have to fight mandatories in the next two fights....and when you have four mandatories to fight....you'll never get the huge fights once you've unified.
    That's my other gripe, is that people who don't deserve to be mandatories get the slot, just so that the different bodies each have a different mandatory, instead of the best fighter in that division being the #1 in each mandatory list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    The problem for getting to be undisputed champ for me is all the bulls**t that promoters and governing bodies are pulling more and more often these days.

Promoters are getting an ever-increasing influence on their fighters' careers, and instead of the fighter telling the promoter who he wants to fight and challenge, it is often the other way around.

The governing bodies is where it gets difficult to be unified champion, cause none of them are willing to recognise the other champions, thus they'll be telling fighters they have to fight mandatories in the next two fights....and when you have four mandatories to fight....you'll never get the huge fights once you've unified.
    That's my other gripe, is that people who don't deserve to be mandatories get the slot, just so that the different bodies each have a different mandatory, instead of the best fighter in that division being the #1 in each mandatory list.
    Your not wrong..I think hatton would have unified by now if it werent for mandatory bs..!
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB

Your not wrong..I think hatton would have unified by now if it werent for mandatory bs..!
    Exactly...the thing is, most promoters are happy to put their fighters through meaningless mandatories like Hatton v Lovemore N'Dou to hang on to the belt, cause they're milking the money that fighter can make in the long term. Sadly....we may never see anyone dominate a division like Roy Jones Jr, or your boy Bernard Hopkins did back in the day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly...the thing is, most promoters are happy to put their fighters through meaningless mandatories like Hatton v Lovemore N'Dou to hang on to the belt, cause they're milking the money that fighter can make in the long term. Sadly....we may never see anyone dominate a division like Roy Jones Jr, or your boy Bernard Hopkins did back in the day.
    Heheh he's my boy now :P

Fair play to you
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Superheavy ... you gonna put your neck on the line for a prediction?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Superheavy ... you gonna put your neck on the line for a prediction?

Hmmmm, you don't half make it difficult do you? I reckon the heavyweights and larger weights are not so likely to get unified, because there are quite a few contenders in each division, except perhaps the Cruiserweights, but my tip for the next fighter to dominate a division and unify would have to be in the light divisions, but maybe not the ultra-light divisions, cause there are every now and again big shocks there more often than in slightly heavier divisions. I reckon the new unified champ will appear between Super Flyweight and Featherweight. Higher than that and the promoters are likely to prevent it happening to protect their fighters.

I reckon the most likely of fighters at the moment would be Rafael Marquez and Daniel Ponce de Leon, but I still reckon the next unified champ will have to be young, ambitious, and willing to bully his promoter a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good post!

122 R. Marquez
    130 JM Marquez
    135 J. Guzman (no one at 130 will fight him!)
    140 Castillo
    147 Mayweather
    (This is a hard one, but I believe PBF loses to DLH and goes back to Welt. He will have to face Shane at some point.)
    154 Ouma
    160 Miranda
    168 Calzaghe
    175 C. Dawson
    200 Mormeck ()
    HWT BRIGGS--not b/c he's the best, but because he can catch all the other champs! KO's are the best judges!

Just my wish list. Your comments about sanctioning bodies bear to be repeated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Pac fights JMM, the winner will be the undisputed champ regardless of belts, IMO.

Don King will probably not let Vlad get the chance at heavy. But, the winner of him Briggs would be the man.

Taylor is the undisputed Middle.

BHOP, for the moment is the undisputed Light Heavy.

The winner of Hatton-Castillo will be hard to deny.

As for welter, well Mosely,Zab,Cotto,Tony,Williams,Floyd, etc,etc. We can all wish!

Thread Information