Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ~~ODLH vs. PBF can only end one of two ways~~

It will only go one of two ways:

ODLH: KO mid to late.

PBF: Outpoints the bigger man.

I lean toward the first choice do to the size and power of the man. He still has fair wheels and good speed. You know Roach has him working on cutting that ring off but both these guys have great ring generalship and Mayweather although has lapses on occation, has the speed to make up for it. Oscar will have to capitalize on these misques and counter. Oscar has definitly fought the better opposition over the years and should have the ring smarts to put Mayweather away mid to late if he picks his spots and does not allow Floyd to get a crazy lead early. He should make his shots count and the KO will come.

If Roach is planning on taking him out early knowing Oscar runs out of gas two thirds of the way through the fight; that could be the way to go but this could also be his downfall and spend Oscar early. He's not as young as he used to be and fights more straight up. This would allow Floyd a bigger slower target to pot-shot at due to mid fight fatique and make it a long night for ODLH. Floyd has never fought someone that has the speed to catch him with blows as powerful as Oscars. He has fought some punchers but not as strong as ODLH and with the speed to deliver. Should he try to get PBF out of there early he will be playing with fire. If floyd survives throught the 6th round Oscar will be in alot of trouble draining himself early following his game plan... It will then be a matter of survival.

My pick- ODLH Mid to late KO
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~~ODLH vs. PBF can only end one of two ways~~

How cool would it be if Oscar did to Floyd what Allen did to Jaidon
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by "PRIDE OF BOSTON"
    both these guys have great ring generalship and Mayweather although has lapses on occation, has the speed to make up for it.
    CC. Great post. But are you being serious about this line? If anybody has lapses in the ring it's Oscar De La Hoya. I've never seen a fight where Floyd has looked like he didn't know what to do or how to react. ODLH has the lapses where it seems like he's confused or doesn't know what to do. They can be seen in the Mosley fights, the Quartey fight (which Lederman had Quartey winning 114-113), and the Whitaker fight. The one thing Mayweather has common with these fighters is defense and being smaller. ODLH has no problem being the counterpuncher but I think that he's got a problem putting effective pressure on smaller fighters. And I think it's due to his stamina problems.

I agree with your assessment though on the two scenarios. I'd also like to add that if Oscar doesn't have a problem taking right hand leads and fighting through Mayweather's counters then he has a good shot at winning to be honest. But if he can't deal with taking right hand leads over the jab and the right hand starts discouraging him, then he's gonna have a long night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd outpoints Oscar. I was unsure and couldnt decide for months on end, but in the last couple months i been leaning towards Floyd, and am starting to kinda see Oscar as the underdog. Strange ino.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    Quote Originally Posted by "PRIDE OF BOSTON"
    both these guys have great ring generalship and Mayweather although has lapses on occation, has the speed to make up for it.
    CC. Great post. But are you being serious about this line? If anybody has lapses in the ring it's Oscar De La Hoya. I've never seen a fight where Floyd has looked like he didn't know what to do or how to react. ODLH has the lapses where it seems like he's confused or doesn't know what to do. They can be seen in the Mosley fights, the Quartey fight (which Lederman had Quartey winning 114-113), and the Whitaker fight. The one thing Mayweather has common with these fighters is defense and being smaller. ODLH has no problem being the counterpuncher but I think that he's got a problem putting effective pressure on smaller fighters. And I think it's due to his stamina problems.

I agree with your assessment though on the two scenarios. I'd also like to add that if Oscar doesn't have a problem taking right hand leads and fighting through Mayweather's counters then he has a good shot at winning to be honest. But if he can't deal with taking right hand leads over the jab and the right hand starts discouraging him, then he's gonna have a long night.
    Ya know I guess youre right though I have seen floyd look worried and bewildered on a few occasions though he adjusts so fast it isn't for long. You're right about Oscar I must say CC to ya
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    Floyd outpoints Oscar. I was unsure and couldnt decide for months on end, but in the last couple months i been leaning towards Floyd, and am starting to kinda see Oscar as the underdog. Strange ino.
    I still have my quarms but if I had to lead one way it would be this. When Judah was able to connect on a few good shots early on(when he was looking good in the first few rounds) Floyd actually looked nervous. I think if Oscar capitalizes on that and keeps connecting it could be so... But I hear ya on the assesment!

CC to ya
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think PBF's going to win this one. Oscar is just not at his prime!! if he was I would have been leaning to him.

I do hope for him to win by KO but my brain says that the faster and smart big mouth kid would win by points .
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll still stick to my decision FLOYD UD all the way. i want oscar to win badly, but i don't want my heart to dictate my decision to which i know the outcome will be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My prediction has stayed the same --- Mayweather by UD. Too much speed, too much skill, too much stamina. I think he's gonna potshot and clown, he probably wont have enough to really hurt DLH but how many times have we seen Oscar willing to take a barrage of punches (which is what he is going to have to go through to get to Floyd) to get to an opponent to land the bigger more punishing shots? I don't think this fight will be much different or much closer than the Baldomir fight, really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie
    How cool would it be if Oscar did to Floyd what Allen did to Jaidon
    The answer: TOO COOL!
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddavestafford
    I don't think this fight will be much different or much closer than the Baldomir fight, really.
    Baldo isn't half the boxer Hoya is mate. If Floyd wins this like he is supposed to then kudo's to him but I just can't see him avoiding Oscars jab and left hook for 6 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not gonna change now.....ODLH will take PBF deep and because of the hard hits he will take PBF out.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddavestafford
    My prediction has stayed the same --- Mayweather by UD. Too much speed, too much skill, too much stamina. I think he's gonna potshot and clown, he probably wont have enough to really hurt DLH but how many times have we seen Oscar willing to take a barrage of punches (which is what he is going to have to go through to get to Floyd) to get to an opponent to land the bigger more punishing shots? I don't think this fight will be much different or much closer than the Baldomir fight, really.
    Although the result will likely be the same, it will be much closer than that Baldomir fight. Oscar is much better in every way than Baldomir. I expect Oscar test Floyd in some spots, and he will have a punchers chance. Baldomir never tested Floyd and he never had a punchers chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did I hear Baldi being compared to DLH Yup same thing!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want for Oscar to destroy PBF's arms a la Cotto when opponents tent to cover too much
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Thread Information