Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 fights that have tested Mayweather the most..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 5 fights that have tested Mayweather the most..

Excellent read on the most talented boxer of this generation and may be of 1 of the all time best talents....

http://maxboxing.com/groves/groves042507.asp

I think I'm becoming more of a Floyd fan! He's not a badass,he's just taking the role of the bad guy. He seems really genuine on 24/7,that fwocking programme makes me a fan of his! I mean,his training is IMMMENSE!! And having gone to boxing for the first time the other day,it REALLY puts into perspective all his skills and training! That shoulder roll is incredible!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 5 fights that have tested Mayweather the most..

I get really confused with all the Jesus Chavez's around, who was the one Floyd fought ?

I think I'm becoming more of a Floyd fan! He's not a badass,he's just taking the role of the bad guy. He seems really genuine on 24/7,that fwocking programme makes me a fan of his! I mean,his training is IMMMENSE!! And having gone to boxing for the first time the other day,it REALLY puts into perspective all his skills and training! That shoulder roll is incredible!!
    [/quote]
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO the first Castillo fight is his hardest test hands down
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo was his hardest fight and when you think it was only his 28th fight his 11th world title fight he had already made 9 defences of his superfeather title his 2nd world title at a second weight against the best in the devision at the time Castillo it shows how good Mayweather is compared to Hatton i suppose because he fought Castillo at the top of his game 5 year ago and now Hattons fighting the faded washed up version and thinks its a mega fight Floyd is p4p the best fighter in the world and with a win over De La Hoya and if he does'nt retire a couple more big wins he will go down as one of the best p4p fighters ever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    Castillo was his hardest fight and when you think it was only his 28th fight his 11th world title fight he had already made 9 defences of his superfeather title his 2nd world title at a second weight against the best in the devision at the time Castillo it shows how good Mayweather is compared to Hatton i suppose because he fought Castillo at the top of his game 5 year ago and now Hattons fighting the faded washed up version and thinks its a mega fight Floyd is p4p the best fighter in the world and with a win over De La Hoya and if he does'nt retire a couple more big wins he will go down as one of the best p4p fighters ever
    Nice. Very well stated...factual. Cheers!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Poom
    I get really confused with all the Jesus Chavez's around, who was the one Floyd fought ?
    Floyd has actually fought two different Jesus Chavez's
    One was not very good, the other was very good and durable, and definately was the
    first that showed up as an actual challenge to PBF. The
    only losses that, that Jesus Chavez has had in the last decade were
    to Floyd Mayweather, Erik Morales and Julio Diaz.

For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Factual my English half black arse!

How is it factual that because Hatton fighting Castillo 5 after Floyd, it shows how good he is or isn't compared to Floyd?

What does simple matchmaking have to do with talent?

Im actually struggling to find where Hattons name fits into all this
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

because that Castillo was at the top of his game, this Castillo people think is past it and shouldn't be considered a super fight, but yeah not really sure what hatton has to do with this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie
    Factual my English half black a***!

How is it factual that because Hatton fighting Castillo 5 after Floyd, it shows how good he is or isn't compared to Floyd?

Oh boo-frickin hoo!

I don't give two shits about Hatton...what he said about Floyd was factual. Sorry...but it is. English half black ass or not...that shit's factual.

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    because that Castillo was at the top of his game, this Castillo people think is past it and shouldn't be considered a super fight, but yeah not really sure what hatton has to do with this thread.
    Again...don't really even remotely bring Hatton into the equation.

Depending on the Castillo arguement...it's all on how you look at it. Sure Castillo was much MUCH better back in the day...but there's still some fight in him.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm surprised the Zab Judah fight wasn't mentioned.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    One was not very good, the other was very good and durable, and definately was the

And didnt jesus have some really bad injury during the fight with morales aswell? I remember having seen it somewhere down the line..think it might have been the knee?!

And the julio diaz fight was lost because of the knee injury aswell.. Shame though i really like el matador
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB

And didnt jesus have some really bad injury during the fight with morales aswell? I remember having seen it somewhere down the line..think it might have been the knee?!

And the julio diaz fight was lost because of the knee injury aswell.. Shame though i really like el matador
    Yeah, he's good enough to be on Fight night round 3 from EA sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB

Yeah, he's good enough to be on Fight night round 3 from EA sports
    Lol something wrong with that? I always fugured that was because of the sudden publicity he got from the death of johnson and him bieng world champion..
    Plus theres not enough lighter fighters on the game.. Bit strange they would include jesus chavez And! escobedo as he only a prospect..
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie
    Factual my English half black a***!

Oh boo-frickin hoo!

I don't give two shits about Hatton...what he said about Floyd was factual. Sorry...but it is. English half black a** or not...that S***'s factual.

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    Again...don't really even remotely bring Hatton into the equation.

Depending on the Castillo arguement...it's all on how you look at it. Sure Castillo was much MUCH better back in the day...but there's still some fight in him.

Er, but its right there in front of your piss blind drunk eyes you damn fool you!

"it shows how good Mayweather is compared to Hatton i suppose because he fought Castillo at the top of his game 5 year ago and now Hattons fighting the faded washed up version"

Hatton hasn't even fought Castillo yet. Whats there to compare?!

Of course, in hindsight, there could be a whole lot of validity in Tysonbruno's comments but for now. 'Factual' my yellow spotty bum! :P
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Awsome read, thanks for the article El Gamo.

Thread Information