Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscars cooking on Gas

I can match Mayweather for speed

When most people talk about Floyd Mayweather Jr’s ability inside the ring, the first thing they normally point too is his blistering speed. While Oscar De La Hoya acknowledges that speed, when they meet in “The World Awaits” on May 5 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on HBO Pay-Per-View, the ‘Golden Boy’ says he is going to match it.

“He has good speed,” said De La Hoya. “But I’ll tell you one thing. That night May 5, I’m going to be able to match his speed. His fast movements, his body movements are fairly quick, so we have to look out for his footwork, which starts and triggers everything. We’ll make sure that we cut off the ring good and attack.”

34 year-old De La Hoya says all the trash talk directed at him by 30 year-old Mayweather during their extended cross country media tour has lit a fire under him for this fight.

“He asked for it and he is going to get it,” he said. “When I go to the gym, I train hard anyways for any fighter. It is just my work ethic is very professional. But when a fighter just talks that little trash, for some reason, it just sparks something in me. It takes me to a whole new level. It really makes me a student of the game. I want to learn. I want to run more. I want to run extra miles. I want to spar more rounds. Everything has just been running smooth. Everything is perfect. With Freddie Roach in my corner for the first time, I’m so motivated because of him. I want to impress him. I want to train hard every day so be can see that I am a good fighter.”

http://secondsout.emojo.com/USA/news...s=229&cs=21915

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscars cooking on Gas

No He Can't
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What happened to Oscar's "timing" reason?

Oscar couldn't catch Shane in his prime with thew same holes Vernon Forrest did so how is he out of his prime gonna match Speed with Floyd when Mosley hit him with basic jab jab right hands and he thinks he will?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its more a matter of how much speed PBF loses at this weight. He will come in light but still heavier than his fights against Judah and Baldomir. And he didnt have blistering handspeed in those fights. Judah was faster, and Baldomir made him look real fast.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DLH is only four years older than Floyd? For some reason that surprised me.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr

Oscar couldn't catch Shane in his prime with thew same holes Vernon Forrest did so how is he out of his prime gonna match Speed with Floyd when Mosley hit him with basic jab jab right hands and he thinks he will?
    Oh! no!
    The ALL MIGHTY expert/trainer is here. Beware everyone she has the key to success and she knows how to beat everyone.

It's a known fact that SOME fighters just have someones number. Jr. Jones had MABs number, Vernon had SSMs number thats just the way it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by a harmful of swallows
    DLH is only four years older than Floyd? For some reason that surprised me.
    But hes like 10 ring years older
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Its more a matter of how much speed PBF loses at this weight. He will come in light but still heavier than his fights against Judah and Baldomir.
    I believe he weighed 149 when he entered the ring against Baldomir, and Floyd is at 150 right now, so he's at almost the exact same weight.

And he didnt have blistering handspeed in those fights. Judah was faster, and Baldomir made him look real fast.
    Judah wasn't faster. Judah landed some good shots because he's very fast and he's left-handed, which is tough to adjust to. But Judah wasn't any faster than Floyd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

Oh! no!
    The ALL MIGHTY expert/trainer is here. Beware everyone she has the key to success and she knows how to beat everyone.

It's a known fact that SOME fighters just have someones number. Jr. Jones had MABs number, Vernon had SSMs number thats just the way it goes.
    I'm talking about his reflex timing and defense to straight shots. If Mayweather throws hooks he telegraphs then I expect Oscar to catch him. Fact is, even when Oscar was being trained by Floyd Sr he couldn't and still can't seem to avoid jabs or straight right hands.

I would mention the Sturm fight but everyon says Oscar was so out of shape that fight.

Out of shape or not his style is still the same, same holes same weaknesses, he hasn't fixed them.

EVERYBODY seems to have a gameplan for Floyd and it works for a round. But when he adapts they never seem to have a plan B. Hope Roach lets Oscar has a plan B

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=Starr ]
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    EVERYBODY seems to have a gameplan for Floyd and it works for a round. But when he adapts they never seem to have a plan B. Hope Roach lets Oscar has a plan B
    everybody knows that roach is not a so so trainer..do you think he only has one plan.. come on..he didnt start training boxers yesterday...and he was a boxer himself.. you see how he made pacman change the gameplan with morales on the second fight and how pac adjusted with solis .. we all saw that pac struggled the first half of those two fights.. its up to oscar to listen to roach or to his mexican machismo ego..
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to be hones tguys i rooted for mesoley in their first fight but... oscar fought totally the wrong fight against shane in the first fight, coming off of the incident with tito he decided to attack attack, in the second fight i thought oscar clearly won easily, he cant match floyds speed but he he can come close, and well the differenc eis power

Thread Information