Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Boxers who beat the same opponent in 2 weights divisions in World title bouts

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boxers who beat the same opponent in 2 weights divisions in World title bouts

How many boxers have beaten the same boxer twice in world title bouts in two different weight divisions?

I can think of four. Virgil Hill beating Fabrice Tiozzo for both the WBA light heavyweight and Cruiserweight titles. Iran Barkley beating Thomas Hearns for the WBC middleweight title and the WBA light heavyweight title. Julio Cesar Chavez beating Roger Mayweather for the WBC super featherweight and WBC light welterweight title and Sugar Ray Leonard beat Roberto Duran for the WBC welterweight and WBC super middleweight title. Are there any others?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxers who beat the same opponent in 2 weights divisions in World title bouts

Barrera beating Morales WBC featherweight WBC superfeather

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxers who beat the same opponent in 2 weights divisions in World title bouts

Didn't Mously win against DLH in both 147 and 154? I can't remember if they were both for a title though.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie Fan
    Didn't Mously win against DLH in both 147 and 154? I can't remember if they were both for a title though.
    Yea that's the one I was going to add... Pretty sure it was for a title at 154, cuz Shane defended that against Wright I think. Also James Toney beat McCallum at middle then either SMW or light heavy later on..

ICB Guest

Default Re: Boxers who beat the same opponent in 2 weights divisions in World title bout

Chris Eubank beat Michael Watson at Middleweight and Supermiddleweight.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxers who beat the same opponent in 2 weights divisions in World title bout

I always thought Whitaker's first bout against McGirt was at 140. Boxrec says it was 147. But for some reason I think it was at 140. Or maybe I'm remembering wrong and it really was his first fight at 147. Whatever. I guess I contribute nothing to this topic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SEANIE
    How many boxers have beaten the same boxer twice in world title bouts in two different weight divisions?

I can think of four. Virgil Hill beating Fabrice Tiozzo for both the WBA light heavyweight and Cruiserweight titles. Iran Barkley beating Thomas Hearns for the WBC middleweight title and the WBA light heavyweight title. Julio Cesar Chavez beating Roger Mayweather for the WBC super featherweight and WBC light welterweight title and Sugar Ray Leonard beat Roberto Duran for the WBC welterweight and WBC super middleweight title. Are there any others?
    CC interesting and original thread bro!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Watson got robbed in the first bout and if the ref had given Watson a 8 count in the 11th round of the second bout before letting the fight continue he'd have won the fight. Cos at the time in UK bouts we never had a standing 8 counts, but the fight was under the rules of the WBO and the ref got it wrong.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SEANIE
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Watson got robbed in the first bout and if the ref had given Watson a 8 count in the 11th round of the second bout before letting the fight continue he'd have won the fight. Cos at the time in UK bouts we never had a standing 8 counts, but the fight was under the rules of the WBO and the ref got it wrong.
    I agree but on paper he beat him at two different weight divisions

Thread Information