Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Most Deaths?

Ive seen highlights of the fight before and remember checking it because one of the forum mentioned about thinking his head would snap off..And your right..He barely blinked cos i was completely bemused as to what people were talking about..

I find it hard to keep with the more underground old school stuff personally..Lol

I kinda pride myself on bieng big on new school and knowing my generation! :P

Cc in 24 for the fight bro!
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ted The Bull
    Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Yea odd question... But to attempt to answer it, I would doubt that any fighter has killed more than one opponent in the ring.. At least in relatively modern times.. Could be wrong.
    I think Max Baer might of bludgeoned 2 guys to death in a Boxing ring
    That is correct. Also a Cnadain beat two guys in a row in the 70's or 80's and they both died...I think.
    The Canadian you are thinking of is Gaetan Hart who ko'd Cleveland Denny on the undercard of Duran-Leonard I. Denny suffered a brain injury and dies a couple weeks later. There may have been another injury but no death that I know of.

I remember at the time there were issues about the wrapping of Hart's hands, I do not know if illegal wrapping was proven. Also, I recall comments by Aaron Pryor saying he was going make Hart pay for what happened to Denny. Pryor of course cleaned hiis clock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gaetan Hart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Panama Lewis still training Sultan Imbomivog??
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hackey100
    There was a young fighter who had his face hammered to pieces a few years back. It turned out that the opponent had no stuffing in his gloves. A while after the kid took his own life. His father said that he had never recovered after the fight. I'm sure somebody on here knows what I'm talking about. In that case it was pretty much murder. GBH at least.
    God yeah I remember that. One of his corner men went over to congratulate the guy and grabbed his gloves to find he could feel his knuckles through them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    There was a young fighter who had his face hammered to pieces a few years back. It turned out that the opponent had no stuffing in his gloves. A while after the kid took his own life. His father said that he had never recovered after the fight. I'm sure somebody on here knows what I'm talking about. In that case it was pretty much murder. GBH at least.
    God yeah I remember that. One of his corner men went over to congratulate the guy and grabbed his gloves to find he could feel his knuckles through them.
    Thats mental!
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zzz
    Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Yea odd question... But to attempt to answer it, I would doubt that any fighter has killed more than one opponent in the ring.. At least in relatively modern times.. Could be wrong.
    I think Max Baer might of bludgeoned 2 guys to death in a Boxing ring
    That is correct. Also a Cnadain beat two guys in a row in the 70's or 80's and they both died...I think.
    The Canadian you are thinking of is Gaetan Hart who ko'd Cleveland Denny on the undercard of Duran-Leonard I. Denny suffered a brain injury and dies a couple weeks later. There may have been another injury but no death that I know of.

I remember at the time there were issues about the wrapping of Hart's hands, I do not know if illegal wrapping was proven. Also, I recall comments by Aaron Pryor saying he was going make Hart pay for what happened to Denny. Pryor of course cleaned hiis clock.
    Gaetan Hart
    Actually the fight before the Denny Fight saw Gaetan Hart leave a fighter by the name of Ralph Racine with brain damage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Australian Light- Welterweight Hector Thompson who fought both Roberto Duran and Antonio Cervantes in the 70's unfortunately killed two guys in the ring. He was a heavy puncher and gave Duran a hell of a fight in 1973. It affected his career and i'm sure at times he was pulling punches in some of his fights after the deaths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Back in 1985 Ivan Drago brutally killed Apollo Creed in the ring. Perhaps the most disturbing thing is how little remorse he showed afterwards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB
    Thats mental!
    The poor guys face was black and blue, they could not understand why he was in so much trouble so early on. Like I said though, one of his team grabbed his gloves and started shouting at the ref and it all became clear. I think it went the distance too, 12 rounds of bare fisted blows. Just awful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats mental!
    The poor guys face was black and blue, they could not understand why he was in so much trouble so early on. Like I said though, one of his team grabbed his gloves and started shouting at the ref and it all became clear. I think it went the distance too, 12 rounds of bare fisted blows. Just awful.

Thats crazy. Does anyone remember the names of the fighters? Charges shouldve been pressed against the guy with no stuffing in his gloves, what a coward.

It is really suprising that no one noticed this...the ref, none of the audience, I think I would be able to tell the difference the first punch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dasamm
    Thats mental!

Thats crazy. Does anyone remember the names of the fighters? Charges shouldve been pressed against the guy with no stuffing in his gloves, what a coward.

It is really suprising that no one noticed this...the ref, none of the audience, I think I would be able to tell the difference the first punch.
    The fighter with the stripped gloves was Luis Resto.
    He served 2 and a half years in prison for assualt I believe.
    The poor victim was Billy Collins Jr.

One of the blackest eyes the sport has ever faced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the info meowza. So that is why panama lewis can only train overseas.

Anyways, cc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

God why dont you guys let this thread go away now! Its a messed up question anyways!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Rack
    God why dont you guys let this thread go away now! Its a messed up question anyways!
    What?
    Rick_Rack no one had responded to it since the 2nd of May if anyone didn't let this thread go away it was you by replying to it on the 7th of May.

Thread Information