Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cross Trainer

Anybody like or dislike the cross trainer. I have pretty much switched all my cardio onto this, as it there is no impact on the knees and ankles and gives a reallY hard workout

Burning up about 1000 Cals and doing about 8.5K in 45 minutes, 5 mornings a week - THAT'S AN EXTRA 1000 calories of lard I can eat during the day

P.S the pciture aint the one I use

God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

Default Re: Cross Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    Anybody like or dislike the cross trainer. I have pretty much switched all my cardio onto this, as it there is no impact on the knees and ankles and gives a reallY hard workout

Burning up about 1000 Cals and doing about 8.5K in 45 minutes, 5 mornings a week - THAT'S AN EXTRA 1000 calories of lard I can eat during the day

I've always wanted one of them machines haven't got no bloody room though i must join a gym my uncle used to have one but he broke it bloody hopeless sod :P

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

I've always wanted one of them machines haven't got no bloody room though i must join a gym my uncle used to have one but he broke it bloody hopeless sod :P
    The ones at my gym are the bollox mate - best bit of aparatus you can use imo
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

The ones at my gym are the bollox mate - best bit of aparatus you can use imo
    Yea im going to go next month i love doing all that stuff gives some variety to your training and its more fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I use the cross trainer quite a bit to keep up my fitness levels. Simply because my knees and joints are shot to bits so the less impact on them the better. Cross trainer and rowing machines are the machines i use the most.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Munky
    I use the cross trainer quite a bit to keep up my fitness levels. Simply because my knees and joints are shot to bits so the less impact on them the better. Cross trainer and rowing machines are the machines i use the most.
    Same here mate and for same reasons

iffraff Guest

Hey, when I first started training, and granted I had no fitness whatsoever, I started using those for all the same reasons. And I got a good sweaty workout. But when I started to use the tread mill I found that I couldn't go for half as long. I was tired much more quickly. I think that running utilizes a lot of core muscles for stability and just to keep your fucking organs from sloshing around and is thus harder and perhaps better. In my case I want to master running, by which I mean run for a time and at a rate that I'm not totally embarassed to tell people about before I will start using other methods for cardio. but that's just my unique case.

Thread Information