Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Looking back through the thread, I can't agree with Hagler either.

C'mon! He loses a decision to Leonard and just walks away? Ok so he may have tried to get a rematch and wasn't able to. He should've tried harder. Called Leonard out. No way Hagler fights the same stupid fight he fought the first time around.

That must've left such a BAD TASTE in Hagler's mouth. Leonard was and ATG, and maybe even TBE in my book... but his reign wasn't middleweight. That was Hagler's domain. For Leonard to take that away from him had to sting like hell.

Especially when Hagler had already dismantled the fearsome Hearns in 3 rounds. Where the hell was THAT Hagler against Leonard?

No... Hagler didn't retire at the right time.
Yeah I agree with that. Hagler may have been exposed as the stereotypical bully that the first time somebody stands up to them and whips them they just totally collapse and that is the end of them.

I believe he should have fought on. What the hell would he want to go out on a bitter note like that?

Oh and there's no way that Sugar Ray Leonard takes another chance and takes on that beast again....because you just know that the next Marvin Hagler that shows up will literally rip his head off.

I can never understand why Hagler decided to fight orthodox against Leonard to try to prove that he could box as well as Leonard.

If anyone ever starts a thread titled "The Stupidest Ring Strategies of All Time", Hagler against Leonard takes top honors.
I think Leonard, being the diva that he was at that time, would have asked for more concessions to face Hagler that would have been too unbearable for Marvin to accept so he just called it a day. Leonard was the Canelo of his time.

OMG... I could not be more in disagreement.

Diva, maybe. But Leonard faced the best at their peaks without worrying about catchweights or waiting for the planets to align before facing them.

Benitez, Hearns, Duran, Hagler...... etc, etc.

In that regard, Leonard and Ginger couldn't be further apart.