Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What was DLH talking about?

He said it wasn't the night of the jab? What the hell does that mean!? He was scoring well and giving Floyd problems whenever he threw it. Roach told him to work it and he just shut down. It's tough to say whether he got tired or he was just plain dumb. That was one of the weakest responses and/or explanations I've ever heard after a fighter basically threw away the biggest fight of his life. This was worse than the Tito fight. At least he can say he was decisively winning that one then he tried to coast but against Floyd Oscar had to realize that he needed every round in order to win a decision. Floyd did his usual thing, he talked a big game then danced around landing his pitter-pat shots one at a time. He is extremely slick and sooooo difficult to hit but shut up with this greatest of all time crap, it makes me sick. Oscar's late round performance was dissappointing. As he has in other big fights he just dissappeared down the stretch, the CHAMPIONSHIP ROUNDS, when great fighters are supposed to shine. Were this fight between two other fighters it would have been great but with the skills that these two possess I expected more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What was DLH talking about?

lol. I was waiting for someone to mention the beautiful "night of the jab" line. Dammit, Oscar does cute interviews I'll give him that.

Floyd makes his opponents hesitant to throw the left cause they know Floyd's loading up that right.
    Can't think of any other reason he wouldn't throw it more.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar didnt use his jab too well becuase he was walking Floyd down with a high gurad.

If he was Winky, he could of done it. Instaed he just kept walking him into the ropes, then let his hands go.
    That jab would of taken something away from his own defence, which IMO is being badly underrated.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know why he abbandoned the jab, i thought it was working good for him. He also talked about trying to make it into a fight, maybe he was getting tired and was just trying to get a knock down, or knock out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe Oscar had more respect for Floyd's pop than he let on. I don't know......I guess I'm still just confused as to why an apparently smart veteran fighter would abandon the weapon that he is having the most success with. Baffling, just baffling.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His defense is being underrated, a ton of punches went off those gloves. But I disagree with the jab comprimising his defense because, when he had the jab working, Floyd went into defense mode and was not even throwing punches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    His defense is being underrated, a ton of punches went off those gloves. But I disagree with the jab comprimising his defense because, when he had the jab working, Floyd went into defense mode and was not even throwing punches.
    That's what I felt too. The rounds that ODH won decisively, like the 2nd, he threw the jab and then followed with the barrage of body shots. Specifically the r hook to the body, it was effective and landing. I really feel the punch stats are exagerated in favor of PBF. I think alot of punches that went into ODH's gloves were scored as landed punches.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    I couldn't agree more. What did Freddie Roach say after the fight? I'm sure someone talked to him but I haven't heard or read anything yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to be honest ill have to see the replay cuz the times oscar was utilizing the jab i saw him landing pretty well.

but the question of why he abadoned the jab all together as the fight progressed really boggles me myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

guys iam sorry u can ban me but i really dont want to be part of this shit no more .... this fight made me relize that ...... ppl are on oscars nuts and get jump off ..... it got to the point where its crzy .... this is the first time ive been so mad on the internet so guys good bye ima outta here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    guys iam sorry u can ban me but i really dont want to be part of this S*** no more .... this fight made me relize that ...... ppl are on oscars nuts and get jump off ..... it got to the point where its crzy .... this is the first time ive been so mad on the internet so guys good bye ima outta here
    Funnily enough, it made me think the same about floyd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    guys iam sorry u can ban me but i really dont want to be part of this S*** no more .... this fight made me relize that ...... ppl are on oscars nuts and get jump off ..... it got to the point where its crzy .... this is the first time ive been so mad on the internet so guys good bye ima outta here
    Damn bro.....I think you're taking this a little too seriously. I was pretty impartial going into the fight but to be honest after listening to Floyd babble on about how he was going to destroy Oscar I got fooled again into believing his bull****. I thought I actually might see a fight, I was skeptical but I thought there was a chance. Floyd's boxing skills are unmatched in the sport right now, maybe ever, but winning a split decision over a 34 year old former great fighter wasn't exactly earth shaking stuff. Gatti, Baldomir and De La Hoya......downside, downside, downside.........at this point Mayweather is knocking off big names not the best fighters. The guy is a great fighter I just wish he took more of the fights that would prove it. Phenom come down off that ledge buddy, we're just talking here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by overhandright
    He said it wasn't the night of the jab? What the hell does that mean!? He was scoring well and giving Floyd problems whenever he threw it. Roach told him to work it and he just shut down. It's tough to say whether he got tired or he was just plain dumb. That was one of the weakest responses and/or explanations I've ever heard after a fighter basically threw away the biggest fight of his life. This was worse than the Tito fight. At least he can say he was decisively winning that one then he tried to coast but against Floyd Oscar had to realize that he needed every round in order to win a decision. Floyd did his usual thing, he talked a big game then danced around landing his pitter-pat shots one at a time. He is extremely slick and sooooo difficult to hit but shut up with this greatest of all time crap, it makes me sick. Oscar's late round performance was dissappointing. As he has in other big fights he just dissappeared down the stretch, the CHAMPIONSHIP ROUNDS, when great fighters are supposed to shine. Were this fight between two other fighters it would have been great but with the skills that these two possess I expected more.

You stand and through a jab for three minutes alone with nobody even hitting you back see how tired you get!
    Rick_Rack

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by overhandright
    Floyd's boxing skills are unmatched in the sport right now, maybe ever, but winning a split decision over a 34 year old former great fighter wasn't exactly earth shaking stuff. Gatti, Baldomir and De La Hoya......downside, downside, downside.........at this point Mayweather is knocking off big names not the best fighters. The guy is a great fighter I just wish he took more of the fights that would prove it.
    Please please please stop with this "Oscar's 34" shit. It's not like he's 40. Plus Floyd is 30 himself. They're basically the same age. Were you saying "there's no point in this fight, it won't prove anything because Oscar is 34" BEFORE Floyd won? And that 115-113 card to DLH was a GIFT, my friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Please please please stop with this "Oscar's 34" S***. It's not like he's 40. Plus Floyd is 30 himself. They're basically the same age. Were you saying "there's no point in this fight, it won't prove anything because Oscar is 34" BEFORE Floyd won? And that 115-113 card to DLH was a GIFT, my friend.[/quote]

I agree that Floyd won the fight. I scored it 115-114 with Floyd taking control at the end. As much as I dislike Floyd's unwillingness to exchange or take advantage of his superior speed and pepper someone, I also think that Oscar really fought a stupid fight down the stretch. Sure Floyd's skill contributed to Oscar's collapse but the man just stopped throwing. Whether he tired or just couldn't find Floyd to hit him I was truly dissappointed with his effort. Credit to Floyd for pulling out the win, I can't be mad at him for the fact that Oscar didn't let his hands go. The blame for this loss falls squarely on De La Hoya's shoulders. The blame for a less than exciting finish, that falls on Floyd......just like the fans in attendance said and how most Mayweather fights end....Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Thread Information