Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do people on this forum have a low opinion of hatton compared to mayweather

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why do people on this forum have a low opinion of hatton compared to mayweather

I just wanted to say, when Hatton beat Tszyu in 2005, Boxing fans rated Hatton as possibly one of the best light welterweights around, talk about him knocking out Mayweather was on the cards.

The 2005 ring magazine fighter of the year, has suddenly been relegated underneath,
    Mayweather
    Mosley
    Cotto
    Margarito

Why is this, surely he has some talent he is a 2 weight champion, and at one time we thought he is the best and would take mayweather. Was it the Collazo bout in america, where he held in the final round, why is he now nowhere near the class of the above mentioned fighters in some opinions of this forum.

And why do we want to see mayweather against mosley, cotto and margarito and no talk of him against Hatton where at one point it was billed as the battle of the superpowers at the lighter weight divisions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why do people on this forum have a low opinion of hatton compared to mayweather

He ain't a patch on Mayweather

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why do people on this forum have a low opinion of hatton compared to mayweather

Because Mayweather has had titles in 5 weight classes.
    Many criticize his competition, but it is much greater than Hatton's.

I think Hatton is a stand-up guy, and he has made for an exciting fighter to watch.
    But PBF is light years ahead in sheer boxing talent.

For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why do people on this forum have a low opinion of hatton compared to mayweat

Why because he had a bad night, in The States in collazos back yard.

Floyd got a controversial decision, against Castillo a few years ago, Floyd had a controversial decision against a ab Judah where it should have been counted a Knock Down, due to floyds glove touching the canvas.

Floyd got another controversial split decision against De La Hoya,

both fighters aint perfect and have had some unprofessional moments, but u cant count hatton out just cos collazo nearly knocked hatton out, cos judah nearly did the same to mayweather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by champtyson
    I just wanted to say, when Hatton beat Tszyu in 2005, Boxing fans rated Hatton as possibly one of the best light welterweights around, talk about him knocking out Mayweather was on the cards.

The 2005 ring magazine fighter of the year, has suddenly been relegated underneath,
    Mayweather
    Mosley
    Cotto
    Margarito

Why is this, surely he has some talent he is a 2 weight champion, and at one time we thought he is the best and would take mayweather. Was it the Collazo bout in america, where he held in the final round, why is he now nowhere near the class of the above mentioned fighters in some opinions of this forum.

And why do we want to see mayweather against mosley, cotto and margarito and no talk of him against Hatton where at one point it was billed as the battle of the superpowers at the lighter weight divisions
    I think that Hatton at 140 used to be a MONSTER!!! I honestly believe that, that's why I was practically ready to sell my liver for PBF-Hatton fight after the Gatti fight. But Hatton balloons in weight too much in between fights and I think it's affected him. Hatton is gonna come up to welter to fight any of the big boys and I think at welter, his advantages are severely diminished. At 147, Mayweather is a bigger man than Hatton. He's dwarfed by Mosley, Cotto, and Margarito. Plus, he's not even a hard puncher at 140, he's not anything at 147. His defense is also really a problem and he gets hit way too much. I truly believe that Margarito, Cotto, Mosley, and even Mayweather would KO Hatton in five or six rounds because his defense is horrible and his offense is not the same at 147. That swarming style won't work with the elite. It barely worked with Collazo.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why do people on this forum have a low opinion of hatton compared to mayweat

No doubt i my ind that we'll see the real Ricky Hatton against Castillo.
    He's not even allowed himself to pile on the pounds this time and was on UK tv last week looking in great shape.
    Good sign already

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd got a controversial decision, against Castillo a few years ago, Floyd had a controversial decision against a ab Judah where it should have been counted a Knock Down, due to floyds glove touching the canvas.

both fighters aint perfect and have had some unprofessional moments, but u cant count hatton out just cos collazo nearly knocked hatton out, cos judah nearly did the same to mayweather.
    Floyd had a controversial decision against Castillo, which he gave an immediate rematch to, and removed all doubt.

Hatton had a controversial decision against Collazo and went back down in weight and vacated his title after promising Collazo a rematch.

The only thing controversial about the decision against ODLH was that it was not a UD.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather
    Mosley
    Cotto
    Margarito

You answered your own question.
    Hatton was regarded highly in 2005 after his win over KT and rightfully so.
    But the community starts to gain a "what have you done for me lately?" mentality.
    I'm not ragging on Hatton's last two victories, but comparing his last two lackluster performances against spectacular victories racked up by the other names you mention, doesn't exactly lead to high regard.
    When Hatton deserves it, he'll get the recognition again.
    But living off of the KT win for two years doesn't and shouldn't keep you in the spotlight.
    He knows he needs to amp up his game.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously.... Where do you people come from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great posts guys,

while i agree hattons not fought a big name since 2005, he is still in the league of the big boys,

I think at 147 Hatton took a difficult south Paw, where as when floyd moved up to welter he took an easier fighter in that of sharmba mitchell, i think hatton should have took a defence of the title he wn off collazo, and get used to the weight more, he didnt maybe that dented the chances of getting mayweather

But if he damages castillo, and cotto takes out judah i think hatton v cotto would be bigger than mayweather v de la hoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great posts guys,

while i agree hattons not fought a big name since 2005, he is still in the league of the big boys,

I think at 147 Hatton took a difficult south Paw, where as when floyd moved up to welter he took an easier fighter in that of sharmba mitchell, i think hatton should have took a defence of the title he wn off collazo, and get used to the weight more, he didnt maybe that dented the chances of getting mayweather

But if he damages castillo, and cotto takes out judah i think hatton v cotto would be bigger than mayweather v de la hoya
    Yeah, I definitely think that he should have stayed at welter. That's why I kinda lost a little respect for him. He's talking all this shit about fighting Mayweather and this and that, but he drops back down to light welter after winning a close fight. It's not like he even he got knocked down, he had a rough fight and he couldn't deal. So he went back to his comfort zone. Floyd belongs at 140 too but this weekend he just grabbed the green belt at 154. You can hate Floyd all you want but that guy talks the talk and backs it up. Hatton is back at 140 fighting a past it JLC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep

Floyd had a controversial decision against Castillo, which he gave an immediate rematch to, and removed all doubt.

Hatton had a controversial decision against Collazo and went back down in weight and vacated his title after promising Collazo a rematch.

The only thing controversial about the decision against ODLH was that it was not a UD.
    Yup, but i sure love to see Cotto - Hatton. ggreat PPV event and good $$$$ for both
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep

Yup, but i sure love to see Cotto - Hatton. ggreat PPV event and good $$$$ for both
    I'm way more excited about Cotto-Margarito though. I just don't see Hatton lasting more than 7 rounds with Cotto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and I don't like the idea of Cotto vs Margarito hehe Margo has 1 punch KO :P but fuck it let;s see it I will pay for that as well
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton lasting 7 rounds against cotto, hey cotto has nto fought a big name yet he has his first big name coming against Judah

Neither has margarito fought a big name.

Thread Information