Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just some photos of Diego 'Chico' Corrales & News Update by ESPN

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SigmaMu Guest

Default Just some photos of Diego 'Chico' Corrales & News Update by ESPN

I thought it was a joke but jokes like this never get stickied.

I am really chocked up about this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2863505

Former two-division world champion Diego "Chico" Corrales, who lived as hard as he fought, died in a mororcycle crash Monday night in Las Vegas.

"He crashed on a motorcycle. It don't look like he made it through this," manager James Prince told ESPN.com as he was arriving on the scene. "He's dead."

Corrales' promoter Gary Shaw told The Associated Press that Corrales was driving his motorcycle at a high rate of speed when he ran into the back of a car about 10 miles west of the Las Vegas Strip.

"He's laying there as we speak with a helmet on his head under a sheet," Shaw told AP. "It appears he was thrown a great distance."

Shaw also said Corrales had recently bought a racing motorcycle, which he was apparently riding at the time he was killed.

Las Vegas police spokesman Jose Montoya told AP that the victim in the accident was wearing a helmet, and it was not known if drugs or alcohol was involved.

"No tests have been done. We're still investigating," Montoya said.

Corrales, 29, will be remembered as one of the fiercest fighters of his era, a never-say-die warrior who thrilled legions of fans with several action-packed fights.

Although Corrales claimed four world titles in his career, two at junior lightweight and two at lightweight, he will be remembered most for his stunning come-from-behind knockout of Jose Luis Castillo on May 7, 2005, to unify lightweight titles in a fight hailed as one of the greatest in boxing history.

Dan Rafael is the boxing writer for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just some photos of Diego 'Chico' Corrales

nice bro gracias for that! id cc ya but i already did for the oscar epiphany.

personally i always remembered chico to have a hat on backwards? or was that just me?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice idea. One of my favorite boxing pics ever and it's a painting. Captures the spirit of the fight and the fighters very well. I'll always remember Chico as the guy who wanted to continue even after swallowing over a pint of his own blood. Or the guy who wanted to continue after being knocked down 5 times by Mayweather. The one who picked himself up off the mat to break the will of Freitas. The one who picked himself up twice in one round after 9 of the most grueling stanzas in boxing history to beat an all time great lightweight in Castillo. Chico is a legend who will never be forgotten RIP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Nice idea. One of my favorite boxing pics ever and it's a painting. Captures the spirit of the fight and the fighters very well. I'll always remember Chico as the guy who wanted to continue even after swallowing over a pint of his own blood. Or the guy who wanted to continue after being knocked down 5 times by Mayweather. The one who picked himself up off the mat to break the will of Freitas. The one who picked himself up twice in one round after 9 of the most grueling stanzas in boxing history to beat an all time great lightweight in Castillo. Chico is a legend who will never be forgotten RIP.
    CC#746 bro! thanks for the painting! i have this fight in my ipod to watch whenever i FLY! to remind me of the true HEART of a champion!

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Just some photos of Diego 'Chico' Corrales & News Update by ESPN

Here is a little more detail of what happened.

Based on reports, Corrales, 29, crashed his 2007 Suzuki 1000 motorcycle into the back of a Honda Accord, which was driving in front of him, knocking him into oncoming traffic going the opposite direction. He was then struck by a Mercedes, which was unable to stop before hitting him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

R.I.P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't believe this im gutted R.I.P Chico a true boxing warrior

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the pictures, and that painting is awsome.
    R.I.P. Deigo, thanks for the memories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

God it still doesn't seem real, He really will be missed.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Awesome picture. Did you find that online? Nice paragraph too man. I too will always remember Diego for his heart and his courage in the fights you mentioned. I have never seen someone who deserved so much respect for fights in which he LOST. And then there was the Castillo 1 victory. I think that was the single coolest most exciting, brutal and just awesome fight ever. Better than Hagler Hearns. Better than Ward-Gatti. May God be with Corrales' family and friends and may he finally have found peace; a true warrior and champion who will always be remembered for his incredible will power and superhuman courage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good job Danny CC in 24 for all the pics. True fighters are a rare breed these days and Chico was a 100% whole-hearted fighter. It's a sad day man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am speechless.

Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cannot fucking believe it ..... Better to have lived a life thats full than to live a life long on regrets .

What a fighter
    What a man
    Thee warrior of his generation .

Some people just seem blighted by tragedy .
    I remember him talking about an Uncle who Died serving in the Navy Seals and how sadness never seemed so far away from him .
    Truthfull and humble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

great pic bro!!!!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is unbelievable. RIP.

Thread Information