Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default training

if your training as a boxer, would you be able to knock someone out that weights more than you (meaning that that other person wouldnt be trained)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: training

Depends on a large number of factors like with or without gloves, how trained you consider trained to be, how much bigger the other person is, drunk or sober etc etc.

I guess size is not always a true indicator of the power punch someone can take if they're not defending against it in any way.

I think skill makes up for a lot but whether or not a person can be KOed depends on too many factors. Sometimes yes, other times No.
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mBiOkXe08
    if your training as a boxer, would you be able to knock someone out that weights more than you (meaning that that other person wouldnt be trained)
    sure. a shovel or baseball bat when they're not looking will do it every time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If ur trained as a boxer u shouldnt b tryin knock people out without gloves!!!
    Keep it in the ring dude!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree hitmandonny. I guess I am thinkin of this Q from the point of view of self defence. If someone is trying to kill you you're not going to be able to say "hang on a second, don't stab me just yet I have to put my gloves on"

If someone tries to kill me and the worst that happens to me is I get a broken knuckle I might have a whinge but ultimately will feel pretty lucky. You do want to avoid the situation if it's at all possible first though!

I really don't see any need to go around KOing anyone outside of a competitive boxing bout except in extreme situations of self defence.

I think it's often smaller people who need self defence skills more so than bigger people because we look like easier targets.
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharla
    I agree hitmandonny. I guess I am thinkin of this Q from the point of view of self defence. If someone is trying to kill you you're not going to be able to say "hang on a second, don't stab me just yet I have to put my gloves on"

If someone tries to kill me and the worst that happens to me is I get a broken knuckle I might have a whinge but ultimately will feel pretty lucky. You do want to avoid the situation if it's at all possible first though!

I really don't see any need to go around KOing anyone outside of a competitive boxing bout except in extreme situations of self defence.

I think it's often smaller people who need self defence skills more so than bigger people because we look like easier targets.

Well you could walk around with your gloves on all the time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Be careful, in some states if you are a boxer your hands are considered deadly weapons, and can get a really bad judgement

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's nothing wrong with defending yourself, but no body should go looking for trouble.

I remember a story that my dad told me that his dad had witnessed. I think it took place in a hobo camp durring the Great Depression. Anyways there was this big guy that thought he was was real tough so he was looking for a fight. During those times a lot of pro fighters were forced to live on the bum and in this story involves one little scrapper. The big guy was really trying to get in a fight with this guy. The little guy kept telling him that he didn't want to fight him, I don't know what that big guy did but he wasn't going to leave the little guy alone until they'd fight.

So what happened!? The little guy beat the shit out him. Does that answer your question? The point is that boxing gives you the means to say no, and fight if you have no other choice. You should protect your honor at all times, but by no means should you look for trouble.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I went to tavern with some gym mates years ago in San Antonio , one guy we were with was about 135lbs soaking wet hell I can't remember his name??.. Arturo Ramos maybe ? something like that.. nice guy ! . He went to his car for something and several bikers jumped him out in the parking lot. he sparked them both, now these guys were in the neighborhood of 230 lbs . a well trained fighter can do serious damage to the unwashed public make no mistake. a fighters hands are considered lethal weapons.. lucky for Ramos he was the one jumped there were no charges filed my understanding.. but it was a big deal.. he was hauled in for questioning , had more hell then usual because he was a pro boxer. He fractured the perps jaw and the others orbital socket. ribs and such. The perps were both hauled off in ambulance at the scene. not a mark on Arturo if I recall correctly.

Thread Information