Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Was ODLH-PBF Set Up To Be A Close Fight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Was ODLH-PBF Set Up To Be A Close Fight?

I don't think the fight was fixed, but I cant help but think the circumstances of the fight allowed it to be a close fight to ensure a possibility of a rematch. I think both fighters wanted to win but I felt like the whole prefight hype was more than enough for one fight. Stylistically that fight was made to go the distance and be close. I don't think anyone could disagree that Oscar could have one the fight if he did more, and Mayweather could have won even more decisively if HE did more. I think that they were more business partners than ring rivals. I may be completely wrong, but Its just a thought I had.

On a completely different note, Diego Corrales was Mayweathers biggest career win. Chico may have lost, but the fact that he was Mayweather's defining fight shows how highly thought of and rated Chico was. RIP Champ.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Was ODLH-PBF Set Up To Be A Close Fight?

Oscar made it a fight, but Mayweather made it close. If he wanted to he could have used a lot more footwork and just out paced Oscar Dela Hoya.

Thread Information