Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
Quote Originally Posted by EastonAssassin
Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Dog
will MMA ever have a Hagler-Hearns or Castillo-Corrales?

probably not
try watching the first Forrest Griffith- Stephon Bonnar fight, they went toe to toe for 5 rounds.  very good fight. 
Comparing that to Hagler Hearns or Corrales Castillo is blasphemy. The level of talent incorporated in that bar fight isn't in the same realm of sport. It was an entertaining fight though.
There's far more skill on display in an MMA fight involving Cung Lee, Royce Gracie, Sakuraba or Randy Coutoure than there is in 90% of boxing fights.

Plenty of bar room brawlers in MMA no doubt, but their are skilled artisans of the sport as well. I'd personally say a guy like Cung Lee is more skilled than any boxer, even Mayweather. It's amazing the moves he's capable of pulling off, just youtube him and see for yourself.

Here's a sample clip of him fighting a demonstration fight. Show me any boxer whose more skilful than this 

[youtube=425,350]3r55mxK2xKc[/youtube]
I'm sure i'd look skilled too if i payed some guy to just punch/kick towards where i'm already blocking and to never try and counter me :P. Nothing big has happened in UFC for several months now so why is this even back up? I have no new things to bash . But seriously bilbo that kick the white guy trys at 1:15 left in the video is just plan hilarious.