Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do yall hate boxers w/ "arrogant" attitudes?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why do yall hate boxers w/ "arrogant" attitudes?

Aside from the actual fighting, the shit talking boxers do make the fight interesting. Imagine watching 24/7 with TWO DE LA HOYAS!!!! Can you say snorefest??!! While you may hate Mayweather, Judah, Jones, and other trash talkers we cannot help but talk about them! I mean Come'on can you imagine all fights with fighters saying "well i just hope to go out there and the best man will win" I CAN'T!! give me some "I WILL WHIP YOU ASS, YOU FRUIT DOG MARK ASS TRICK!! " Don't get me wrong there are lines not to be crossed (ie Mayorga). Because most of us wouldn't watch 24/7 or follow the press conferences if Mayweather wasn't talkin' all that trash. But i love Judah, Mayweather, and others for their trash talking, because they keep the build up interesting.

Am I the only one who thinks like this

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why do yall hate boxers w/ "arrogant" attitudes?

It's weird. I think i don't like Mayweather because he trash talks about knocking someone out but then boxes to beat them on points. Still, I just wanna see him get knocked out.

I don't like trash talkers who make it personal. Mayorga took trash talking too far against De La Hoya, and deserved what he got.

I loved Naz tho. I think the boxing game lacks a character like Naz. He was really funny with his trash talking. The joint interview with Kevin Kelley was too funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayorga took it to far against Spinks when he made comments about his dead mother

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is a difference between trash talk,,Self Hype,,, and Arrogance,,

James Toney--King of Trash Talk and self Hype

Lennox Lewis--Loved to self Hype and Claim "The best heavyweight on the planet" moniker....

Arrogance is...Hector Camacho SR,,

\Trash talk sells ticket's,,,Self Hype sells tickets,,,Arrogance is plain disrespectful....

No one like's an arrogant person...Fighters or else wise
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love james toney
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I LOVE cocky/arrogant fighters, because it takes balls to be arrogant. When you're arrogant, you set high expectation on yourself and if you don't live up to them you crash and burn. Its a lot harder to be arrogant than it is to be the nice, lovable, humble guy.

I always have respect for guys who have the balls to come out and say "yeah I think I'm fucking awesome, so what? I don't care if you all hate me for it."
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB
    I love james toney
    cc toney is the man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker
    I LOVE cocky/arrogant fighters, because it takes balls to be arrogant. When you're arrogant, you set high expectation on yourself and if you don't live up to them you crash and burn. Its a lot harder to be arrogant than it is to be the nice, lovable, humble guy.

I always have respect for guys who have the balls to come out and say "yeah I think I'm F****** awesome, so what? I don't care if you all hate me for it."
    CC 38 bro! well said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont see whats wrong with being cocky/arrogant/talking trash IF you can back it all up!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love it when arrogant boxers lose.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't mind trash talking and arrogance as long as one can back it up with actions in the ring. PBF can. Zab is the perfect example of someone who has a bigmouth and has nothing to back it up. Although he has been eerily quiet for this up and coming fight with Miguel.And James Toney is the funniest!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get what your saying about the 24/7 thing. It's one thing to watch a fight when you like a fighter and hope that they win. It's much more exciting though watching a fight and hoping someone you don't like get's knocked the f'k out.
    As the saying goes "it takes all sorts",,, and boxing wouldn't be what it is without all these "characters". So you have to appreciate that they're there.
    Still, when it comes down to the subject, it's kind of simple to me, I just don't like people who are ignorant, arrogant & disrespectful... Whether they are a boxer or not.
    Although,,,, a fighter could be arrogant as all hell,, but if you see that they have heart in the ring, for some reason that just makes them very likable.
    Floyd on the other hand,, (LOL I just realised floyd finds his way into any discussion about arrogance) is absolutely AMAZING at not getting hit. I think if anyone was able to really pressure him and stop him running around the ring, he'd fold like a cheap suit.
    We havn't really seen him have any heart in the ring, and yes, that's because he's that good and no one can touch him, but it still means we've had no chance to see if he even has a heart.. Maybe if he has a few return fights and really comes under some pressure and see that he really has something deep down that not many people do, I could really grow some appreciation for him, and maybe even *gasp* like him... But until that day comes, he's still only half the man of boxers that aren't even half as talented as him.

Anyway, in my conclusion --- No heart, arrogant, disrespectful, ignorant,,, what is left to like?? In AnYonE Not just boxers...

~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sports and trash-talk go hand in hand. Even golf and tennis. Violent sports and trash-talk are married. Cocky fighters give you the choice, either you love em cause they back it up, or you love to hate em, and want to see them get knocked out. IMO, cocky fighters are good for the sport. Look what Ali did for boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali wasn't disrespectful though. He was arrogant as hell, but he was a lovable person. He fought for causes and fought for people.. We do need more people like that in boxing certainly!!

But I 100% agree with what your saying. These people make boxing what it is.

~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its a good topic this Mayweather is a great boxer with great ability yet most of you wanted Oscar to switch him off and wanted him to get beat lose his unbeaten record.Everybody was always wanting Naz to get beat because he was cocky and arrogent but he would back it up with his skills and ko power similar to Eubank he was arrogent and people could'nt wait for him to lose once Eubank lost even more people liked him its like they think he's back on our level now.These 3 were good technical boxers winning world titles but people could'nt wait for them to get beat also theirs Toney,Jones,Mayorga these guys get the job done will fight anybody but you all love fighters like Ricky Hatton because he goes to his local pub and drinks Guinness he's real but he in my opinion does'nt perform like any of these guys 42-0 with only 4 genuine world title fights under his belt Joe Calzaghes is another but has only fought 1 big fight in 43-0 Without fighters like Mayweather,Hamed,Eubank,Toney,Ali,Jones,Mayorga boxing would be dull its these guys that get us up for fights without Mayweathers mouth the Mayweather vs De La Hoya fight would'nt have been as big and pulled as much interest in same as De La Hoya vs Mayorga everbody loves De La Hoya he's so nice but lets not forget these are still fighting men and perhaps De La Hoya has taken on this role as nice guy because you guys like it and people think we'll watch him or i want him to win because he's nice we should want fighters to win because they are good fighters regardless of there personalities were fight fans not personallity fans

Thread Information