Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How has de la hoya change the world?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How has de la hoya change the world?

Im doing an research paper for my history class on people who changed the world. While most people chosed Martin Luther King, JFK, Rosa Parks ETC... I decided to choose DLH. What are some ways Oscar has change not only the boxing world but the world. Any foundations that Oscar has that help people? Real answers please, I know DLH is not a perfect guy like the media sets him out to be but I doubt anyone is. Thankz...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How has de la hoya change the world?

If you go to goldenboypromotions.com you'll be able to read up on the foundations he participates in.

Off the top of my head I can tell you he build a school, a Youth Center, a Cancer Research Center / Theropy Treatment Center, the yearly ODLH food & gift giveaways throughout the year. Hes also donated thousands of computers to schools throughout Los Angeles.

Good luck on your paper.

El Kabong Guest

Well he's been a part of the richest nonheavyweight PPV fights in the history of the sport. He won a gold medal, he was a champion in a bunch of different weight classes, I think 130, 147, 154, and 160.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he is the most famous mexican american boxer in boxing history. Alot of people have pride in him and what he represents for them. Here is a guy who is not the greatest fighter of his generation who has made the greatest impact.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks alot guys all of you, you really help me alot... i got a good grade the only thing the teacher said " You should of talk more about him than his boxing carrer" LOL kind of hard i had to name almost every fight..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This album changed the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea

CC#211

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea

LMFAO. CC. Shows you just what kind of balls he had, releasing a goddamn pop album... that took guts if nothing else.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken
    Im doing an research paper for my history class on people who changed the world. While most people chosed Martin Luther King, JFK, Rosa Parks ETC... I decided to choose DLH. What are some ways Oscar has change not only the boxing world but the world. Any foundations that Oscar has that help people? Real answers please, I know DLH is not a perfect guy like the media sets him out to be but I doubt anyone is. Thankz...
    No offense bro but don't choose De La Hoya as your man. The biggest contribution he has made to the world has been his beautiful smile, seriously. When they say he's one of the most popular fighters ever they mean with the ladies.

Take away Oscar's female fans and he'd struggle to sell more seats than Floyd Mayweather.

He hasn't changed the world in any way shape or form.

If you want to choose a boxer who changed the world and don't want to include the obvious Ali, choose Jack Johnson, the first black heavyweight world champion in the early 1900's. That man is possibly the single most important black athlete who ever lived. His life story is exciting and raw and he truly was a first. Plus he wasn't a good man really, he just did things for himself which makes his story all the more interesting in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How about "How has Zab Judah changed the world"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had to do a similar thing for my senior final in english except it could be on any topic you wanted it to be on. I was dead set on writing about ali because after watching one of his fights i was hooked on boxing but then i heard someone else considering him and they said "Nevermind he's just a boxer everyone already knows his story." That my friend was the motivation for me writing one of the best papers i ever have. Got a 98% because i forgot a fucking comma . I see you already turned in the paper. You could've taken a huge fight of his career and make it a whole page worth if you threw in dramatic language hope you got all 5 pages with that.

Thread Information