Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Chuck Liddell Vs Rampage Jackson

What do you guy's think. Jackson beat him bad the first time. I think it will be more competitve but Jackson will KO this guy. I will never love the MMA like I do boxing, but we have to admit that it's gaining speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chuck Liddell Vs Rampage Jackson

This is a good fight guy's post please.

El Kabong Guest

This is one of the few MMA fights I'd watch. Liddell is a good tough fighter and has a lot of heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jackson is really tough, but Liddell is basically unstoppable right now. Liddell's takedown defense is absolutely amazing. It's gonna be one hell of a fight, but Jackson hasn't really gotten any better since their first fight and Liddell has really improved. I think Liddell catches him with something in the middle of the fight. Only three people have beaten Liddell and he's avenged every loss except Rampage. I think he'll settle all scores.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    Jackson is really tough, but Liddell is basically unstoppable right now. Liddell's takedown defense is absolutely amazing. It's gonna be one hell of a fight, but Jackson hasn't really gotten any better since their first fight and Liddell has really improved. I think Liddell catches him with something in the middle of the fight. Only three people have beaten Liddell and he's avenged every loss except Rampage. I think he'll settle all scores.
    Great all around post, I respect it. I had a friend tell me the exact same thing just like you. Alot of people talk about Liddell's ground game but if it was so bad why can no one dominate him on the ground. The guy has a purple belt in Brazilain ju jitsu (my country playa). He has improved, but Jackson beat his ass so bad the first time I can't see it being that much of a turnaround. More competitive but same result.

El Kabong Guest

....I'd love to see Jackson blast out Tito Ortiz....what a giant douche that guy is!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chuck was out of shape that first fight, and it was competetive up until he ran out of gas. I think Chuck wins by ko. I doubt it will be in the first round like Chuck is saying though. Jackson can take a punch.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lidell was alot smaller in there first fight and not nearly as good as he is now.
    Lidell KO 1 2:56 on the clock.

a spontaneous creation with multiple moods.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

isn't this the boxing talk forum?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man, I really want Rampage to win this fight. I really think he needs one or two more "tune up" fights. He said as much after his first UFC win. But, they're throwing him in there anyway. He obviously has a chance, I just don't think it's a very good one. Chuck is, without question, a better fighter than he was in their first meeting. I'll keep my fingers crossed though.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not only has Chuck's takedown defense improved, so has his stand up defense. Rampage is my favorite MMA'er ever but I think Liddell is to good at this point in time. If Rampage can hit him though and drop him he can do some damage on the ground but I just don't see it happening sadly enough.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got nothing against Liddell. He's a great MMA fighter no doubt about it, and his takedown defense is superb. But if there is anyone strong enuff and ferocious enuff to take him down its Rampage Jackson. I'll be pullin for him and may just have to order the fight, which I very rarely order UFC PPV's.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll say this I think Chuck needs to take the fight to Rampage instead of letting him come to him and counter. I think we can all agree that Chuck is the superior striker and I'd say their chins are about even. Instead of letting Jackson dictate the pace and I think chuck should come forward and overwhelm him much like Shogun and Silva did. Rampage is an awesome physical speciman and will attempt to do the same thing as the first fight as overpower and wear chuck down. I don't see him really having any other strategy. I wouldn't advise chuck working from a MT clinch b/c I dont think he is strong enough to control Page, but I would say he should move forward and use his full arsenal of kicks and punches. This strategy doesn't bode well for a 5 round fight, but Chuck's cardio has been questioned in the past and I don't know if he wins a 5 rounder anyway. The Horn fight is the only one that comes to mind of him looking good in the 5th round.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rampage has a street style, I am going to order the fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chuck is an all around better fighter now, Rampage is probably the same if not worse......... Chuck by late first or early second round Ko.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Thread Information