Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Arthur Abraham the forgotten man

I think its fair to say that Jermain Taylor has had a few close calls in his last few fights. After an impressive performance by Pavlik last night we have a new fighter to add to the mix now although some would say he was already there. People talk about taylor fighting Pavlik but what about Arthur Abraham?

Where do people think he figures?

From what I saw yesterday Abraham would put enough pressure on a disinterested Taylor to win comfortably.

That for me leaves Pavlik and Abraham.

Tip of the month: Protect yourselves at all times. You never know when the scheming bitch will come back for more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arthur Abraham the forgotten man

Quote Originally Posted by Bukom Battler
    I think its fair to say that Jermain Taylor has had a few close calls in his last few fights. After an impressive performance by Pavlik last night we have a new fighter to add to the mix now although some would say he was already there. People talk about taylor fighting Pavlik but what about Arthur Abraham?

From what I saw yesterday Abraham would put enough pressure on a disinterested Taylor to win comfortably.

I have yet to forget or sideling Abraham or Felix Sturm for that matter. Theyr'e just waiting in the wings...but they need to fly like birdies to the states, IWO.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also...welcome to the forum. Have the Obligatory Wacko Welcome Wagon
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive been thinking for awhile now that if Taylor really wants to get the "respect" he keeps talking about he needs to take the IBF belt back

If nothing else,it would be a fight people would be interested in
    Oh and CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why thank you for the cc's. I look forward to hours of fun posting and debating about all sorts boxing.
    Tip of the month: Protect yourselves at all times. You never know when the scheming bitch will come back for more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why thank you for the cc's. I look forward to hours of fun posting and debating about all sorts boxing.
    You, good sir, are kindly welcome.

Here's the thing...I'm a huge fan of Sturm & Abraham & anything you have to offer is good news to ole' Wacko.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did think about Sturm. He had a solid showing against Oscar and was unfortunate to loose I thought.

Also he did got knocked out by Javier Castillo admitedly avenged so I am a bit undecided on Sturm at the mo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did think about Sturm. He had a solid showing against Oscar and was unfortunate to loose I thought.

Also he did got knocked out by Javier Castillo admitedly avenged so I am a bit undecided on Sturm at the mo.
    Yeah...he was robbed against Oscar & then went on to give a great showing of himself against 4 other fighters before losing to Castijello.

Honestly, I think that the death of his mother had him destracted.

The rematch was quite impressive & Sturm owned Javier.

I love & respect Sturm & have high hopes for him. He's a good kid & great for the sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His ma's death could be the reason he lost as he may not have been switched on mentally. It would also be interesting to see if he would have been stopped were it not for the broken jaw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

I have yet to forget or sideling Abraham or Felix Sturm for that matter. Theyr'e just waiting in the wings...but they need to fly like birdies to the states, IWO.
    Both Abraham and Sturm have shown interest fighting in the states,especially Sturm...

His ma's death could be the reason he lost as he may not have been switched on mentally. It would also be interesting to see if he would have been stopped were it not for the broken jaw.

His mother died some weeks after the Castillejo fight,Sturm wanted to show the audience
    an exciting fight after being a bit criticized after his fight against Maselino Masoe...
    So he tried some brawling instead of boxing and as a result took way more hits then ever
    before in a fight...
    After the second fight he with Castillejo he said that he accepted he is a boxer not a fighter/brawler
    Felix is one of my favorite boxers so I wish him the best and hope he gonna have his next
    fight in the states so you can all appreciate his fine boxing skills

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally I don't think Abraham is going to do shit. He won't come over to the states. At best he will attempt to unify against Sturm but Sturm ain't going to do shit either.

I think the middleweight division is going to be quiet for a couple years. Half the belts are stuck in Europe and neither will fight on HBO or Showtime. I expect Taylor to move up to face Calzaghe leaving only Pavlick as an entertaining force in the division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Personally I don't think Abraham is going to do S***. He won't come over to the states. At best he will attempt to unify against Sturm but Sturm ain't going to do S*** either.

I think the middleweight division is going to be quiet for a couple years. Half the belts are stuck in Europe and neither will fight on HBO or Showtime. I expect Taylor to move up to face Calzaghe leaving only Pavlick as an entertaining force in the division.
    Next week Abraham will be fighting Sebastien Demers in Germany,but the next fight could be
    in the states,depends a bit,how AA looks against Demers and if his jaws doesn't make any
    problems...
    I can only say what was said on tv...that AA traveled with Valuev(when he fought Monte Barret)
    and took a look on things oversea...

A unification with Sturm will most probably not happen...

Hidden Content

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Abrahams too routine meaning I see the same things over and over from him. I've posted this numerous times....
    When I 1st saw him I was well impressed with what I saw and figured he'd grow and develope but let me be honest here. I haven't seen any improvements from him. Fight after fight is the same thing from him from the Ikeke fight 'til now.
    The biggest issue I have with him is he wait's tooooo long to fire off his shots. If he took the initiative and got off 1st I'm willing to say it and put it out there he'd be the best. But he doesn't instead he lets the opponents fire off 1st then he lets go.
    I think it started off with the Taylor fight where I thought for sure Arthur would rip 'em up and he didn't hack it he won every round but I was just expecting him to do it in KO style... Then the Jantuah & Miranda fights both supported my comment on him standing around to long.
    I guess we'll see what he's got this time around.
    For the record he's still one of my fav. Middles. Amin is #1 for me....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss
    Felix is one of my favorite boxers so I wish him the best and hope he gonna have his next
    fight in the states so you can all appreciate his fine boxing skills
    Yeppers. Me too. I've been a Sturm groupie, hard core, since I watch him whoop on Oscar. What impressed me even more were his following showings.

I thought that he looked fantastic against Masoe, while most fans pissed & moaned about him boxing instead of trading. I have learned that a true boxer does more for me than a brawler does.

Sturm's jab is incredible & his body work aint bad either.

He'll go far as long as he keeps his head straight...he can't afford to fight for the crowds as he did against Castijello. The thing is...he's got a pretty sturdy beard...I think that he was just mentally broken down against Javier. Masoe wacked him several times & he kept on working.

The only thing I disagree with in your post is the matter of him coming stateside again...I don't think that he will. I think that the Oscar lost just pretty much ruined it for him & his bid for U.S. supremacy.

It's a shame too...I wanted to see him fight Wright.

Personally I don't think Abraham is going to do S***. He won't come over to the states. At best he will attempt to unify against Sturm but Sturm ain't going to do S*** either.
    Personally...I say your'e wrong. Abraham & Sturm both will do well in the future & fight some game opposition...but I agree that they won't do it stateside...& I don't blame them.

There were talks of building a German superfight between Sturm & Abraham...but it got sidelined for some reason around the Masoe fight.

Can't recall what the reason was though.

I was really REALLY thrilled with the prospects of that match up.

I hate to do it...but I totally disagree again.

There are plenty of exciting middles out there & plenty of exciting match ups to be made.

Sturm vs anyone equates to nail biting excitment...while I want Sturm to keep his head straight...he'll be shooting for the stars to draw in fans & redeem himself. Personally I'd love to see a Sturm vs Taylor rematch. When they fought in the amatuers Sturm beat him comfortably on points...the Olympics was a totally different story...Taylor won on the opposite of the stick.

I'd love to see Mora come into his own. Now whether that be because of his speed & skills or quite simply the fact that I'd love to see him get his ass handed to him...well...I just don't know...but he could bring about some great match ups.

Abraham? I'm curious to see if the Miranda bout fwocked him up...while I doubt that it did...most men are changed by a battering like that.

Winky...I truly believe that Wnky could & should run the division. I believe that Hopkins will defeat Wink & that he'll come back down to 160lbs to take care of some of the contenders. As I said...I'd love to see Wright vs Sturm.

There are also the fringe contenders & undefeateds out there that if matched together would definently be intriguing to watch. Fighters such as Demers, Sylvester, Duddy, Lorenzo, Asikainen, Eastman, Gevor, Ouma, & recently Spinks could all bring life to the division.

Thread Information