Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN reports " George Foreman claimed he was drugged before the Ali fight".

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ESPN reports " George Foreman claimed he was drugged before the Ali fight".

Do you guy's think this is true. He said he was drugged right before the fight. His trainer gave him some water to drink, after the third round he was completely exhausted. What do you guy's think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ESPN reports " George Foreman claimed he was drugged before the Ali fight".

This came as a shocking surprise to me, after all these years you wait till mid 2007 to come and tell the public you were drugged, that ruins a little bit of his credibility, I thought you guy's would be more shocked by this outcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ESPN reports " George Foreman claimed he was drugged before the Ali fight".

There was no way George Foreman was drugged, I am disappointed that something like this would even come out of his mouth. Ali beat him and that's it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brazilianbomber

There was no way George Foreman was drugged, I am disappointed that something like this would even come out of his mouth. Ali beat him and that's it.

I am just a little puzzled on how he would want to start living in denial three decades later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even if in some crazy reality this were true..

To come out with this now.. With ali in the way he is, And after Big george has forged such a large legacy having continued with greatness after the ali fight..

It truely does ruin some of his credibilty..
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

foreman a alltime great and
    he punch his self out
    he barley even went past the 5rd and aliwas use to go that late
    he wansnt drugged

ICB Guest

Foreman just fought the wrong fight he just kept swinging and swinging and he missed whole lot and none of his punches were landing clean i was disappointed by Foremans performance to be honest but i don't believe he was drugged but them witch doctors and all other stuff that was happening out there wern't good for Foremans mentality but still he wasn't drugged just fought the wrong kind of fight.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Foreman couldn't have fought any other type of fight. I'm sure this is a misquote or something. Foreman is quite candid about the fact that he beat the hell out of Ali until his arms fell off, and that's when Ali struck.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Foreman couldn't have fought any other type of fight. I'm sure this is a misquote or something. Foreman is quite candid about the fact that he beat the hell out of Ali until his arms fell off, and that's when Ali struck.
    Foreman could of looked for openings more and not been so sloppy just swinging and hitting nothing but arms and try and paced himself better alot of his punches when they landed wernt clean at all.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But the thing is, Ali was hurt. Foreman felt like he was on the bring of stopping the fight everytime out. Foreman was never a concise puncher anyways, even if they weren't connecting clean, those blows were among the hardest Ali ever took.

ICB Guest

But the thing is, Ali was hurt. Foreman felt like he was on the bring of stopping the fight everytime out. Foreman was never a concise puncher anyways, even if they weren't connecting clean, those blows were among the hardest Ali ever took.
    Ali is very smart he hides it well Foreman would of never knew Ali was hurt because he is very clever at faking it Foreman must of been discouraged but thing is i wish Foreman would of paced himself and fought bit more clever because he must of knew Ali is very tough and he isn't going to get him out of there in few rounds but im probably wrong because most people believed Ali would get seriously hurt so maybe Foreman did think it but still wish he wouldn't of just swung and hit nothing but arms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Ali is very smart he hides it well Foreman would of never knew Ali was hurt because he is very clever at faking it Foreman must of been discouraged but thing is i wish Foreman would of paced himself and fought bit more clever because he must of knew Ali is very tough and he isn't going to get him out of there in few rounds but im probably wrong because most people believed Ali would get seriously hurt so maybe Foreman did think it but still wish he wouldn't of just swung and hit nothing but arms.
    During ali frazier 1, ali rubbed in it fraziers face that he couldn't hurt him. I think it was round 11 frazier hits ali with a massive shot and he starts stumbling around (but you can clearly tell he was doing it on purpoise) almost as if to say "Ok you think you hurt me, come prove it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Foreman said in an interview that after the 6th round he overheard ali say, "i made it". So for ali to have said that, was an admission that he was taking a beating and foreman's punches were effective.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First, I'd like to wait until I see this confirmed or a reliable source is shown. George has been nothing but a class act and has, on NUMEROUS occaisions, talked about how Ali outsmarted him and beat him fair and square. So for this to come out now seems rediculous.

Personally, I don't really consider excuses. In my view, there are so many "what ifs" and "could haves" and excuses about any fight that no one can really be certain that are true. But one concrete thing that everyone can plainly see is the result. So really I'm not putting any stock into this.

IMHO George just simply "blew his load" too quick. Ali tricked him into throwing a lot of his energy away. Maybe the atmosphere, the stress and the delay of the fight got to him mentally. Who knows.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I read this on another site as well - apparently it's a quote from his new book.

Thread Information