Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Back in training after Injury...This is my Training Programme:

Well when i was younger (16-17) i was actually fighting in the same division (Under 21 70kg/11st.) In the past i was constantly coming forward using mostly my hands and in a way my punches as a defence. It worked exteremely well but i am not able to do it anymore because of the shoulder and the strain on it.
    After injury i came back and the first alteration i made was to draw my right foot behind me more (Left foot for southpaw) This makes my body smaller and takes my injured right shoulder out of range. This posed a problem with punching as I was acustomed to throwing punches across my own body thus the punches being a lot shorter.
    Again found difficulty in sparring at first as i stepped in too far, but im used to it now and pivotting gives me power that i didn have in-close. And as for defence im Trying a hands up style a-la-Winky Wright. basically longer punching keeping the opponent on the outside and not allowing them to dog my shoulder.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting - thanks for explaining that. Strange how much the adjustments we have to make after an injury can teach us!
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well my brother does all my padwork with me at homea and he says he actually cant believe the improvement in my accuracy and power from distance since coming back!!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rows are good for the upper back, and dead lifts are good for the lower back.

If you have access there are a lot of machines that mimick these movements very well.

If you haven't been working your back as part of your normal workout routine,
    it will definately have a big effect on you.

Also when you say legwork for weights what do you do?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well usually for my legs il do Calf excercises such as raises or calf curls, To avoid becoming slower i alternate tho and work on my thighs and stuff.
    And you no what i find amazing...There was a 3 mile road race passing my house yesterday evening, i joined in, not to b competitive or anything, just for a little extra motivation and i won!!!! By neraly a minute!!! And im still not ripped!!!! I just look average!!!
    Im not vain itd jus be cool for a lil intimadation factor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Well usually for my legs il do Calf excercises such as raises or calf curls, To avoid becoming slower i alternate tho and work on my thighs and stuff.
    And you no what i find amazing...There was a 3 mile road race passing my house yesterday evening, i joined in, not to b competitive or anything, just for a little extra motivation and i won!!!! By neraly a minute!!! And im still not ripped!!!! I just look average!!!
    Im not vain itd jus be cool for a lil intimadation factor
    Id move squats in a bit,just to take advantage of the explosive power coming in that your thighs can brings

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was a bit apprehensive of squats because of the risk of losing footspeed...What weight/reps would u reccomend?

Thread Information