Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Liddell

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Chuck Liddell

....I don't really care about their punching in thise case.....it's their defense that sucks

"You shoulda been bobbin and weavin" - Ezal, Friday

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok do you think ufc uis any good ?

Do you think that chuck is any good ?

Chuck only ever fights stand up and beats the fuuck out of ufc boys

If someone as basic as chuck can be dominant over "mma" fighters, never having to grapple, imagine what a class boxer would do !!!

El Kabong Guest

I think Vitali Klitschko would stomp the shit out of anyone in UFC...remember his deep kickboxing background

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Chuck is a great fighter....He is also a pretty good wrestler...he doesn't use it in a traditional since by taking his opponents to the ground, but his ability to defend takedowns and stand a fight back up is one of the best in the business. He has a unique style that unfortunately for him is perfect for Jackson. One loss doesn't ruin a guys legacy. He has one of the best resumes in the sport. And by the way UFC boys are 5-2 against Pride fighters over the last several months. There are some boxers that with a good amount of cross training would be very effective in MMA but just being a world class boxer isn't going to let you dominate MMA...but thats the point MIXED martial arts.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jackso beat Liddell the first and second time because his boxing technique was better, he caught him with a punch while Liddell was wide open

Imagine yourself against a 1988 version of Mike Tyson, your looking across the ring at him and are now trying to take himt o the ground, how do you get anywhere near him without getting ko'd

Thats what im talking about

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The first fight went into the second round....He overwhelmed chuck and wore him down, slammed him and beat him till Chuck's corner threw in the towel...pretty much nothing like the second fight...you guys crack me up...you rail and rail on MMA and are consistantly misinformed yet you just can't stay away from the MMA threads.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah but

Imagine yourself against a 1988 version of Mike Tyson, your looking across the ring at him and are now trying to take himt o the ground, how do you get anywhere near him without getting ko'd

Thats what im talking about

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll tell you this if I'm the trainer for Fedor or Mirko against 88 tyson with no cross training I'd work MT leg kicks and mix in an occasional high kick to keep him honest...During training I'd put a premium on cardio and movement. I'd make mike chase us across that ring and everytime he set it would feel like a baseball bat on his knee. I'd want to pound that lead leg to point it slowed his movement and sapped the power on his punches...Then I'd put him on his back GNP or sub him...Obviously boxers throw punches with better technique for the most part, but with out good cross training all they can hope for is essentially a punchers chance.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

but a tyson back then would love to have a fighter trying to kick him, one leg on the floor, so no balance or defence, it would only be a matter of time before one of tysons combinations caught them, whereas it would take them quite a while to slow mike down with leg kicks and they would not be able to run backwards as fast as you hope while trying to kick, they just wouldnt be effective

El Kabong Guest

...there is the issue right there MMA goes on about how it's better than boxing and involves all these different styles and then you ask them how would you deal with a boxer the answer is ALWAYS the same

KICK AND RUN

which is why I don't really have much respect for the sport. Outboxing someone takes skill, kicking and running can be done by ANYONE....you tell Bruce Seldon he can kick Mike Tyson and maybe he stands a chance of going 5 rounds but tell him to use his hands and his brain and it's over before it starts!

El Kabong Guest

As for technique

[youtube=425,350]7BCU64CwmYc[/youtube]

Prime example of how to leave yourself wide ass open and to throw a WIDE SLOW PUNCH

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The blind leading the blind

I had to laugh when I saw that nipper in the back ground practicing Liddells poor technique

He basicly said that a staright punch has no power because its an arm punch, thats because the poor punch drunk lad has never been taught how to punch properly in the first place

El Kabong Guest

and the excuse for that......"Oh but they aren't boxers" OR "They strike differently"

and the name of what comes from such piss poor technique TROUBLE....I just saw the actual fight and the way Liddell drops his jab after he throws it, he was BEGGING for Jackson to throw a right hand

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im watching the actual show now on tv in the uk and just saw a guy called Josh Berkman, now he could be a handfull if he did some serious training, he just seemed to run out of steam, he took some clean shots and kept coming.

What really impressed me was the way he was throwing his hooks, not great but with intentions and not just one at a time, if he got some serious boxing training in he would do well

El Kabong Guest

there are a few of the MMA guys who can throw punches ok, I don't want to hate on EVERYONE who does it, it's different than boxing but these guys could learn a bit from "the sweet science"

Thread Information