Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 2012, anyone believe this bs?

Supposedly the world is gonna end in roughly 5 years because a mayan calender was discovered and it only lasted up til 2012. I like many others believe this is just a numbering system phobia like when some people thought 2000 was gonna bring the downfall to the world because its an even number to us. It's stupid to believe that the world would react as a result of years we mark off because we invented numbers, the world didn't invent them for us.

I've heard several explanations on what it might be but anyone think its significant?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 2012, anyone believe this bs?

Tell me in a concise way what you think.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its just a number thing like 2000. Besides do you realize how long ago the mayans lived? Why would they fill out calenderas for years they couldn't even think of yet?

I've heard that a black hole rift will switch the polarity on the poles and make a huge flood and all that but i don't see it happening. The person who said the rift was gonna attack was a "historian" of some kind and the one who said its just number bs was a certified and degreed up astronomer and space physist.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We may not live to 2012 anyway. I have more immediate concerns.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like what terrorists? Be glad that they are seeking and not intelligent enough to make weapons that were made 50 years ago. Believe me in approx. 10 years time calling a nuclear weapon a weapon of mass destruction will be laughable.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you aer a schizo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how am i a schizo? I'm serious. They weren't even a threat until the mid 80's when a terrorist spy got a hold of a us army taining manual (because we had to be the nice guy and be nice to EVERYONE). Before that they were just as harmless as they were hundreds of years ago.

If it wasn't for oil those bastards would have absolutely no effect on the world what so ever. All they are are unintelligent scum that have been preaching the same hate nonsense and killing the same people that they irrationally hate for hundreds of years. The only difference from then and now is that they have guns and stuff to kill those people faster. They are nothing more than cult leaders and deserve the worst. I feel sorry for the people that live there and have to put up with their shit. "Oh you don't believe what i do so i have to kill you by blowing myself up like a pussy and that will get me to heaven". How can you fear those cowards they don't have the balls or the brains to win against civilized and intelligent societies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They are garbage. I do not fear them at all. They hide and shoot like bitches, they have no sense of honor and are mean to people that don't have a choice but to live under their rule but we are the bad guys right? Gotta love it.....

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't put much stock in when certain people think the world will end... I mean, how many times has the end of the world been predicted? It's still here, and it will be here long after I am dead (unless we destroy it ourselves). When I was a kid I used to have all kinds of anxiety because of these sorts of predictions, but now I just shrug them off... God (if you believe in God) would surely never let us know when it was going to end, and I see no science supporting the Mayan claim.
    I always hoped I'd be there at the end of the world though... as much as it'd suck, at least you'd see it, and that would be better than just dying, I think.

And terrorists are fucking cowards as stated above. They speak of honor and God and blah blah blah, yet they murder innocent women and children in the name of their "loving/merciful etc." God. They are perhaps the worst group of people to have ever existed, and they give and entire religion and way of life a terrible black mark that perhaps will never disappear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Indeed if the world was about to end i would love to see it on the tail end of my life. Watching a giant meteor crash would look really cool imo.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    Indeed if the world was about to end i would love to see it on the tail end of my life. Watching a giant meteor crash would look really cool imo.
    Yeah, it'd be scary as all fuck, but most deaths are. I mean, you're watching the world end, that's fucking badass. I don't know why, but I've always hoped I'd get to see it, though for all my loved ones sakes, I hope I don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck that i wanna be within 1 mile of its contact point so i can see a giant ball of fire just fall from the sky. If its gonna kill everyone, i want a front row seat.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    Fuck that i wanna be within 1 mile of its contact point so i can see a giant ball of fire just fall from the sky. If its gonna kill everyone, i want a front row seat.
    Word. CC for being as fucked up as I am.

Edit: I'll try to remember to CC you in 24.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer
    Tell me in a concise way what you think.

LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no doubt that as the killer meteor closes in my lost thought will be... "I should have ordered the big fight."

I'm pretty sure that the earth will not perish until long after I am dead.

Thread Information