Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default QUESTION FOR PLDTIME BOXING FANS

I NOTICED WHILE DOING RESEARCH ON THIS SITE THAT ROCKY GRAZIANO AND JAKE LAMOTTA WERE BOTH MIDDLEWIGHTS AND WERE FIGHTERS AT BASICALLY THE SAME TIME PERIOD. WHY DID THIS FIGHT NEVER HAPPEN, WAS THERE EVER TALK OF THIS FIGHT HAPPENING? WERE THEY FRIENDS, SINCE THEY WERE BOTH FROM NY? WHO DO YOU THINK WOULD HAVE WON THIS FIGHT? ALSO, GRAZIANO NEVER FOUGHT SUGARRAY ROBINSON. WHAT'S UP WITH THIS?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: QUESTION FOR PLDTIME BOXING FANS

1st and foremost 'Welcome to Casa De Saddo, where your opinion is sure to be crushed by some drunk' (WackOff3205 or SalTheButcher)

2nd Heres #1 on me.... You'll get the hang of the cool click/sad click thing if you stick around...

3rd about your post not sure to be honest... One thing that springs to mind is Graziano was so busy with Zale and their epic battles while LaMotta was busy with Zivic. Then LaMotta wen't on to face SRR in their epic battles while Graziano after his loss to Zale toned down his career and didn't do much after that as far as the World Scene...

Would have been a great fight thats for damn! sure... I would have favored LaMotta I think he would have walked away with the victory.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There was an out of ring encounter were Graziano and LaMotta tried to steal the same loaf of bread. A scrap ensued in which both fighters tugged on the bread until it suddenly ripped and sent them crashing to the ground. When they had risen it was obvious to everyone that LaMotta had the bigger half thus he was dubbed "King of the Thieves."

That's what Wacko told me anyway...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by postalnole
    I NOTICED WHILE DOING RESEARCH ON THIS SITE THAT ROCKY GRAZIANO AND JAKE LAMOTTA WERE BOTH MIDDLEWIGHTS AND WERE FIGHTERS AT BASICALLY THE SAME TIME PERIOD. WHY DID THIS FIGHT NEVER HAPPEN, WAS THERE EVER TALK OF THIS FIGHT HAPPENING? WERE THEY FRIENDS, SINCE THEY WERE BOTH FROM NY? WHO DO YOU THINK WOULD HAVE WON THIS FIGHT? ALSO, GRAZIANO NEVER FOUGHT SUGARRAY ROBINSON. WHAT'S UP WITH THIS?
    According to Sports Century on ESPN Graziano was asked by a reporter if he would ever fight Lamotta and he said "No, we're good friends."
    Then the reporter said something like "Well thats funny, cus we just asked Jake and he said When and How much?" Teddy Atlas put his two cents in and said that Graziano would have been chewed up like an Italian piece of candy.

As for Robinson, well he DID fight Sugar Ray, put him on his ass too. Then Sugar Ray got pissed off, got up and within a round or two knocked the shat outta Graziano and stopped him.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As for Robinson, well he DID fight Sugar Ray, put him on his a** too. Then Sugar Ray got pissed off, got up and within a round or two knocked the shat outta Graziano and stopped him. HULK

I don't understand, Hulkster.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    As for Robinson, well he DID fight Sugar Ray, put him on his a** too. Then Sugar Ray got pissed off, got up and within a round or two knocked the shat outta Graziano and stopped him. HULK

The gentleman stated that Graziano never fought SRR, when in fact he did. And in said fight, he knocked SRR down. Then SRR got up from the knockdown and came back to KO Graziano.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk

The gentleman stated that Graziano never fought SRR, when in fact he did. And in said fight, he knocked SRR down. Then SRR got up from the knockdown and came back to KO Graziano.
    Okay, I gotcha...

When I read "As for Robinson, well he DID fight Sugar Ray" I thought it was a typo.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk

Okay, I gotcha...

When I read "As for Robinson, well he DID fight Sugar Ray" I thought it was a typo.
    No typo, I'm just a dum ass.

Thread Information