Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if a modern fighter fought 27 fights in 2 years would you say he's fighting bums

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default if a modern fighter fought 27 fights in 2 years would you say he's fighting bums

i was just wondering..would you say damn he ain't fighting anybody but carnival bums...or would you say damn he's good? just a question..
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: if a modern fighter fought 27 fights in 2 years would you say he's fighting bums

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather
    i was just wondering..would you say damn he ain't fighting anybody but carnival bums...or would you say damn he's good? just a question..
    does he win all of them?.....what's his KO ratio?...opponents records?......caliber of opponents?...27 fights in 2 years is alot..for the fighters of today but not of old...that's a fight every 3 weeks or so...I would have to know the answers to these questions in order to decide what I would call him....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: if a modern fighter fought 27 fights in 2 years would you say he's fighting bums

hes just trying to hate on tyson cause he thinks he only ever fought bums.
    tyson was a throw back to old fighters being active and fighting 0nce sometimes twice a month.
    thats why he was successfull cause he stayed active and out of trouble. leading up to his demise, how many fights was he taking? 3 a year. that was half his problem, he needed to stay active and focussed
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Troy McClure
    hes just trying to hate on tyson cause he thinks he only ever fought bums.
    tyson was a throw back to old fighters being active and fighting 0nce sometimes twice a month.
    thats why he was successfull cause he stayed active and out of trouble. leading up to his demise, how many fights was he taking? 3 a year. that was half his problem, he needed to stay active and focussed
    there it is again "hate" such an over used word...if he fought 27 times and his opponents records were a combined 386-130..14-5 avg..those are bums!!!! his management team did a hell of job promoting him that's it!!!!nothing more nothing less..yeah he could hit hard but he was in no way on the level of prime evander or lennox..they both would have beaten any version of mike....and all of these excuses as to when his prime was

"oh it was when he was convienently knocking out the bums, then when he lost he wasn't in his prime no more"

"robin givens made him sick"

"d'mato and rooney where gone so he was depressed, and forgot how to fight like he used to"

all this at only the age of 22-23...such bullshit...

he was knocking out bums until someone stood up to him and beat his ass then he didn't know how to respond to being hit back after a guy took his best shot...what a pussy and that's the truth....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

your supose to fight guys at your level when you start out not jump the gun and fight top #10 after your 5th fight .... ok you dont like tyson, thats fine and i dont care but the man is the youngest HW of all time.first to unify the HW division and had 10 title defences against the likes of holmes, tubbs,spinks,tucker,smith among others....so that cant be denied. he was a great champion, best since ali and brought life back to the HW division when it was in a terrible state.
    u say holmes was better than tyson? why? tysons era was just as good as holmes probably better and holmes was a boring champ
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

27 fights 25 ko's then after less than 20 month as a pro fights for heavyweight title at only 20 and wins 2nd round ko now lets stop hating on Tyson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir kahn has only fought 12 and these are bums and he is 21 in december now i like Amir alot but he's a prospect same as Tyson was and look at the difference in the way they get to a world title Tyson just flew throught devision and got a title Amir talks a good world title fight and is now just at commonwealth level if you get what im saying. you can't slag Tyson off for his early fights and they way he did it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TYSONBRUNO
    Amir kahn has only fought 12 and these are bums and he is 21 in december now i like Amir alot but he's a prospect same as Tyson was and look at the difference in the way they get to a world title Tyson just flew throught devision and got a title Amir talks a good world title fight and is now just at commonwealth level if you get what im saying. you can't slag Tyson off for his early fights and they way he did it
    no doubt..kahn and tyson..tyson esp had potential,,nothing can be taken away from tyson he could hit hard, move, was quick, duck and dodge, but when he fought the best guys from his on era he lost so there's no way he could be considered great..the great thing he did was win HW crown at 20...and that's only because holyfield didn't get to berbik first...and the fact that he forgot everything that he was taught by the better men of corner (pre don king era) is his fault..at very best tyson should be considered one of the greatest tragedies in the history of boxing not one of the greatest boxers...even prime vs prime, holyfield beats him 10 out 10...

SigmaMu Guest

As soon as I saw the title to this thread, I could only think of 2 people right off the top of my head. One was Tyson and the other was Strickland. Both on opposite sides of the spectrum because you did not state wether or not they were winning or losing but I hear you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    As soon as I saw the title to this thread, I could only think of 2 people right off the top of my head. One was Tyson and the other was Strickland. Both on opposite sides of the spectrum because you did not state wether or not they were winning or losing but I hear you.
    well you know whether you're losing or winning those fights 27 in two years..says that you're not fighting a high level of competition..because you can turn around in three weeks and do it again..those are nothing more than official sparring sessions...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prime for Prime Holyfield in his prime was dropped by Cooper went 12 with Foreman and Holmes and was then beat easy really by Bowe no way does Holyfield beat prime Tyson and when they did meet he held him for 11 rounds and in second fight also he could'nt stand and trade with Tyson

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    well you know whether you're losing or winning those fights 27 in two years..says that you're not fighting a high level of competition..because you can turn around in three weeks and do it again..those are nothing more than official sparring sessions...
    I never argued about Tyson fighting bums.
    He is the reason I stopped watching the heavy weights all together. I have never went back. I don't even know who the heavy weight champs are to this day. Nor do I care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prime for Prime Holyfield in his prime was dropped by Cooper went 12 with Foreman and Holmes and was then beat easy really by Bowe no way does Holyfield beat prime Tyson and when they did meet he held him for 11 rounds and in second fight also he could'nt stand and trade with Tyson
    so when holyfield chose to tie tyson up so that he couldn't use his inside left hook that wasn't strategy? didn't holyfield stop bert cooper? and if that's relevent to their fight..then how's this holyfield dropped prime mike tyson while sparring..and that's with head gear on...and this after he beat berbik...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holyfield held constantly Halpern should'nt have let him get away with it Lane did'nt let Bruno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holyfield held constantly Halpern should'nt have let him get away with it Lane did'nt let Bruno
    you know something funny about that fight? tyson was the one that was after he realized he could beat evander started head butting and trying to get out of the fight..but then his entourage hurry up and twisted the story....

Thread Information