Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: We Boxing Fans are difficult to satisfy...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default We Boxing Fans are difficult to satisfy...

Every time i open a boxing magazine, log into a forum or just engage in conversation with a friend about boxing, undoubtedly the same old complaints will arise in relation to the "state of the game."

It seems us boxing fans are never pleased, as we moan about the poor heavyweight division, Champions not fighting the contender WE want, the cost of PPV's and Alphabet Titles.

I can remember watching an old film perhaps from the seventies where old time fans moaned and groaned that Ali jus wasn't joe louis or Rocky Marciano...As we now complain that boxing jus isnt what it was...Is it the case that the past is always more appealing or is it that boxing fans are an insatiable bunch whose demands cannot possibly b met?
    Anyways what im asking is that all of you on the forum leave posts here detailing the things that make u love the sport (THE UPSIDES OF BOXING) and ur favourite things about the fight game today.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: We Boxing Fans are difficult to satisfy...

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Every time i open a boxing magazine, log into a forum or just engage in conversation with a friend about boxing, undoubtedly the same old complaints will arise in relation to the "state of the game."

It seems us boxing fans are never pleased, as we moan about the poor heavyweight division, Champions not fighting the contender WE want, the cost of PPV's and Alphabet Titles.

I can remember watching an old film perhaps from the seventies where old time fans moaned and groaned that Ali jus wasn't joe louis or Rocky Marciano...As we now complain that boxing jus isnt what it was...Is it the case that the past is always more appealing or is it that boxing fans are an insatiable bunch whose demands cannot possibly b met?
    Anyways what im asking is that all of you on the forum leave posts here detailing the things that make u love the sport (THE UPSIDES OF BOXING) and ur favourite things about the fight game today.....

You state a couple of valid points...so I give you a CC on me.....
    It is not just boxing though it is any sport....

I still love the same things about this game as I did when I started watching it at about 5yrs old.....

I am truly a purist. Though like anyone I love the KO endings but I appreciate master boxers like Robinson,,Armstrong,,Moore,,Whitiker,,Jones,,Floyd ,,Hopkins ect....

But what I don't apprecitae and this is something that has never changed,,,,Is when they pad records...Put in the SO _CAlled best against overmatched opponents and praise thier performances....

I don't appreciate power punching KO artist disposing of guys that are washed up or worse never had a chance in the first place....

I don't appreciate muliti million dollar pay-days against gimme fighters....

But I do not believe those things will ever change...So I continue to appreciate the good and will continue to bitch about the bad...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[/quote]

You state a couple of valid points...so I give you a CC on me.....
    It is not just boxing though it is any sport....

I still love the same things about this game as I did when I started watching it at about 5yrs old.....

I am truly a purist. Though like anyone I love the KO endings but I appreciate master boxers like Robinson,,Armstrong,,Moore,,Whitiker,,Jones,,Floyd ,,Hopkins ect....

But what I don't apprecitae and this is something that has never changed,,,,Is when they pad records...Put in the SO _CAlled best against overmatched opponents and praise thier performances....

I don't appreciate power punching KO artist disposing of guys that are washed up or worse never had a chance in the first place....

I don't appreciate muliti million dollar pay-days against gimme fighters....

But I do not believe those things will ever change...So I continue to appreciate the good and will continue to bitch about the bad...
    [/quote]I just wish Boxing would get back to National Television....PPV's are OK if they have 3 or more title fights on them...but other than that they're worthless....if boxing was to go back to T.V. I think it would take off again...and the youth would want to box instead of playing football, basketball, baseball(is this really a sport?) and swimming...nothing as worthless as swimming...good for excercise...bad for tv....or money...
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a boxing fan, my girlfriend satisfies me pretty well. (I'm so childish, i know)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Childish but Funny!
    Well we kinda gettin away from the subject! I want positive points guys ha ha!
    Well what i love about my own boxing is the feeling of reward after each victory having put in all the time and effort to get to that level. Or even better is the feeling of dominating a guy in sparring who used to beat the hell outta me when i started!!!Jus feeling my skills developing is a real pleasure for me!

And as regards boxing as a whole i really respect when 2 honest pro's go in there and give it their all in a good honest fight...because i can understand that to them, like me, each fight, (however minor in world terms,) means the world to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats because we are the most intelligent sports fans and demand only the finest.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love the emotion on the air when a big fight is coming up and there is a buzz going on. Seems like everyone around is talking about it and sharing their opinion on who is going to take the W.

I love the thrill of a fight that meets expectations and gets people talking about it for the next couple of weeks, analyzing the fight and saying what one fighter did right and one fighter did wrong.

I love the nervousness I feel when ever a favorite fighter of mine is going up against a tough opponent. It almost feels like I am right there with him while he makes his walk in to the ring. And the sigh of relief when my fighter connects a telling blow and I yell "It's all over baby, yeah"

I love the times spent with my friends and family in front of the TV sharing stories and beer and snacks while we wait for the fight and long after the fight is over....good times my friend, good times.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

^
    I can relate 2 dat man!
    Bein Irish we gotta wait up til bout 3 in the mornin to watch most of the US fights...but thats half the fun, and theres nothin better than a bunch of guys waitin for a fight to begin arguing over who should win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    ^
    I can relate 2 dat man!
    Bein Irish we gotta wait up til bout 3 in the mornin to watch most of the US fights...but thats half the fun, and theres nothin better than a bunch of guys waitin for a fight to begin arguing over who should win
    Sounds like a cool time. CC Just for having to wait till 3AM for most of the big fights shows that you irish guys are bigger fans than I can ever claim to be.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC back man! Theres a bunch of about 6/7 of us that always catches the big fights together, We all in the amateurs so we usually train together 2 It's funny this year is the first year 2 of our gang are going to be in the same weight division! I can see plenty of "friendly" competition there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The good points of boxing?

Watching two guys you never heard of having a slugfest on Friday Night Fights on ESPN because they don't know if they ever will fight on national television again.

Watching a man get up from the canvas and winning a fight.

And, most importantly, appreciating the fact that, besides auto racing, boxing is the only sport in which the boxers are both risking DEATH every moment they are participating in the sport, but don't let the fear of it hinder their performance.

Thread Information