Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watching Razor Ruddock Vs Lennox Lewis I Forgot How Quick Lewis Was

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Watching Razor Ruddock Vs Lennox Lewis I Forgot How Quick Lewis Was

His jab was very quick here and his right hand was also very quick i forgot how quick he used to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7NHwKXG9vU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Watching Razor Ruddock Vs Lennox Lewis I Forgot How Quick Lewis Was

In his early days i always thought he was off balance till he got with Manny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And people think he would have been an easy fight for Tyson... I truly believe he hits harder than Tyson as well simply because with his height he got better leverage and didn't have to jump.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis packed a mean punch. I've never thought of him as quick, but that's probably because I've only seen a few of his fights and they were later on in his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

id say Tyson hit harder than Lennox though

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TYSONBRUNO
    id say Tyson hit harder than Lennox though
    I think Tyson was probably more intimdating as well. Not that I wouldn't be scared shitless to know Lennox was coming after me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson got great leverage and power through his thick legs and driving punches up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He wasn't as puffed up for the Ruddock fight like he grew in to in his later fights

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Insanity! Daxx was just saying how he forgot how dominate Lewis was!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis said that as he grew older he realised he didnt need to waste shots. In his youth he tried to match guys punch for punch and he often overhelmed them through effort . Towards the end he was boxing casually like a guy who knew he was far too good for the opposition and he was right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    His jab was very quick here and his right hand was also very quick i forgot how quick he used to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7NHwKXG9vU
    This was Lewis in his prime. 6"5 227. at this weight he had speed at his disposal to go along with the power. a very intelligent fighter was Lewis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as heavyweights go, I'd put Lennox Lewis in the Top Ten. Third best jab by a heavyweight ever, behind Larry Holmes and Muhammed Ali, in that order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

top 10? please tell me you're kidding or just plain drunk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who would you put over him? Besides the obvious guys like Ali, Joe Louis, Frazier, Foreman, Marciano, and Johnson, and Jack Dempsey? I'd rate Lewis above Evander Holyfield (as a heavyweight, not over Evander's whole career. One has to remember that Evander is the greatest cruiserweight of all time). I'd rate him slightly under Larry Holmes, who has to be in the top ten as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bmorehitman
    Who would you put over him? Besides the obvious guys like Ali, Joe Louis, Frazier, Foreman, Marciano, and Johnson, and Jack Dempsey? I'd rate Lewis above Evander Holyfield (as a heavyweight, not over Evander's whole career. One has to remember that Evander is the greatest cruiserweight of all time). I'd rate him slightly under Larry Holmes, who has to be in the top ten as well.
    I wouldn't snicker if someone placed Lennox Lewis at number 10 on their All-Time list. I rank Tyson in my 10 spot and he prob shouldn't be there, but any higher than 10 for either man is completely unfounded.

Thread Information