Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shavers was ducked by great fighters cos of his freakish punching power!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shavers was ducked by great fighters cos of his freakish punching power!!

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by TYSONBRUNO
    Tyson would have KO'd big George
    Tyson would ko anyone in your eyes

Big George especially older model had granite chin and never touched the canvas in his older career and Tyson that just got out of prison certainly wouldn't do it.
    Foreman would have gone to sleep just like Holmes did Holyfield shook him a good few times Tyson hit way harder than Holyfield Tyson don't shake you he KO's you so yes ICE Tyson by KO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shavers was ducked by great fighters cos of his freakish punching power!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy McClure
    speaking of duckers, to my recolection dempsey never fought one single black man?
    i know sullivan avioded black fighters like the plague and im pretty sure dempsey did to!

and i honestly beleive that the comeback foreman ducked mike tyson(for obvious resons).
    you see the calabre fighters foreman hand picked on his comeback. he didnt want no part of tyson.
    tyson was in his early 20's foreman in his early 40's, mike would have killed the old man
    Yeaa...Those caliber fighters like moorer holyfield briggs.. Big george ducked em all
    briggs is crap and always has been. foreman picked him cause hes a stationary target that cant box woth a shit. and LHW moorer, dont compare moorer to mike tyson and well yeah holyfield was ok but gave up a lot of weight to george and by the way i loved that fight rd #10 baby
    Briggs is not crap..Give it a rest..

No matter how much anyone dislikes a fighter you cannot call any world champion fighter crap..

"Light heavyweight" moorer is a great fighter.. One of the best in the last generation of good heavyweights..

And Cmon.. Holyfield is not 'ok' He is a truely great fighter and one of the best heavyweights of all time..
    settle grettle, moorer is a great LHW but it would be tyson spinks all over again....foreman was elated that he could fight a LHW morrer for the title. and holyfield is a great cruiser he was not a top #10 HW......
    and briggs is crap and i have nothing against briggs i just think hes ponderous with very limited skills...

oh and im not knocking foreman cause i think he comeback plan was geneous, the way he carfully selected his oponents. but was impressive non the less
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Tyson would have KO'd big George
    Tyson would ko anyone in your eyes

Big George especially older model had granite chin and never touched the canvas in his older career and Tyson that just got out of prison certainly wouldn't do it.
    Foreman would have gone to sleep just like Holmes did Holyfield shook him a good few times Tyson hit way harder than Holyfield Tyson don't shake you he KO's you so yes ICE Tyson by KO
    The Tyson that got out of prison wouldn't ko Big George and Holyfield used footwork against Foreman Tyson just used to come straight forward and he got caught by Ruddocks wild punches so George could do the same and he hit harder than Ruddock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

speaking of duckers, to my recolection dempsey never fought one single black man?
    i know sullivan avioded black fighters like the plague and im pretty sure dempsey did to!

and i honestly beleive that the comeback foreman ducked mike tyson(for obvious resons).
    you see the calabre fighters foreman hand picked on his comeback. he didnt want no part of tyson.
    tyson was in his early 20's foreman in his early 40's, mike would have killed the old man
    Yeaa...Those caliber fighters like moorer holyfield briggs.. Big george ducked em all
    briggs is crap and always has been. foreman picked him cause hes a stationary target that cant box woth a shit. and LHW moorer, dont compare moorer to mike tyson and well yeah holyfield was ok but gave up a lot of weight to george and by the way i loved that fight rd #10 baby

No matter how much anyone dislikes a fighter you cannot call any world champion fighter crap..

"Light heavyweight" moorer is a great fighter.. One of the best in the last generation of good heavyweights..

And Cmon.. Holyfield is not 'ok' He is a truely great fighter and one of the best heavyweights of all time..
    settle grettle, moorer is a great LHW but it would be tyson spinks all over again....foreman was elated that he could fight a LHW morrer for the title. and holyfield is a great cruiser he was not a top #10 HW......
    and briggs is crap and i have nothing against briggs i just think hes ponderous with very limited skills...

oh and im not knocking foreman cause i think he comeback plan was geneous, the way he carfully selected his oponents. but was impressive non the less
    Please tell me you have boxed a lick before dissing briggs like you do..
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Please tell me you have boxed a lick before dissing briggs like you do..
    im the real mike tyson
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually Troy i am the real Mike Tyson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

please educate me tito_BHB. what has briggs done to make you think hes not crap?

and how dare he call himself a HW word champion beating dicky ryan doesnt do it for me, sorry!

heres why briggs is crap ok.....hes never beaten anyone good and im mean no one and he holds losses to lewis by ko, darrol wilson by ko, jameel mccline, some crap guy named fields that no ones ever heard off for good reason.
    uhh what else...oh yeah he got a gift against a senior citizen and could even beat botha.

im sorry but ive never thought briggs is good and nor will i ever! he will be totally forgotten in the not to distant future.

but have a cc anywayz mate, just so you know im just debating and im not getting emotional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually Troy i am the real Mike Tyson
    no u phony, i am the real

MIKE TYSON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No i am the real Mike Tyson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No i am the real Mike Tyson
    WELL IM TELLIN SADDO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He knows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Foreman wasn't scared of anyone.
    he's been ducking Holmes for 30 years...lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this shit im hearing about fighters ducking each other is fucking making me sick to the stomach!
    no wonder im a Toney fan! im also a fighter, an amatuer and i will neva duck anybdy if i turned pro. a true fighter wont duck nobody. i dont think a prime foreman was scared if any man, he was super confident back then and had that edge where he could turn into a monster in a second, a true beast. lol. shavers could be telling a fib about foreman ducking him, i think so now!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2GS289O98U

i already know shavers is known as a xtremely hard puncher, but didnt know frazier, and foreman and even a prime tyson refused to fight him! if this is true then i am disgusted.
    he was 6'0 tall, a big 6 footer like rahman he was very thickly built. but wasnt a fat c*** like rahman. only weight 205-220/

i really thought these guys were great champs and would fight anybody. i heard ages ago that dempsey also refused to fight langford, but most likely its not true cos dempsey fought but bigger and tougher guys than langford, and other things. i think sulivan refused to fight some fighters.

is James Toney the only fighter who will fight anybody anywhere anytime regardless of how hard they hit or how good they are. I cant think of another fighter who openly challenged other fighters like toney does.

i cant think of another HW fighter in the history like Toney, with his attitude to fight anybody anywhere anytime! but if foreman avoided shavers in the later years then i would excuse that cos foreman was innit for the money in the later years...mainly. but tyson has no excuses!
    Wow - that short film is awesome. I was lucky enough to meet Earnie a few years ago when he came to Wales to help raise money for the Johnny Owen statue appeal and he really is a true gentleman. I asked him what was the hardest punch that he ever threw and he said it was against Jimmy Ellis. I found a tape of that fight and Earnie hits Jimmy with an uppercut that knocked him out cold. Not only that but as he was lying on the floor his leg was trembling - not a good sign!!(the only other time I've seen that is when Bob Foster knocked out Mike Quarry!!).

Thanks for sharing that with us Lionheart. I owe you a CC (if somebody can tell me how to award one I'd gladly give it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ali certainly looked worried when shavers was wailing away at him in the latter rounds.

Thread Information