Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shavers was ducked by great fighters cos of his freakish punching power!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Shavers was ducked by great fighters cos of his freakish punching power!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2GS289O98U

i already know shavers is known as a xtremely hard puncher, but didnt know frazier, and foreman and even a prime tyson refused to fight him! if this is true then i am disgusted.
    he was 6'0 tall, a big 6 footer like rahman he was very thickly built. but wasnt a fat cunt like rahman. only weight 205-220/

i really thought these guys were great champs and would fight anybody. i heard ages ago that dempsey also refused to fight langford, but most likely its not true cos dempsey fought but bigger and tougher guys than langford, and other things. i think sulivan refused to fight some fighters.

is James Toney the only fighter who will fight anybody anywhere anytime regardless of how hard they hit or how good they are. I cant think of another fighter who openly challenged other fighters like toney does.

i cant think of another HW fighter in the history like Toney, with his attitude to fight anybody anywhere anytime! but if foreman avoided shavers in the later years then i would excuse that cos foreman was innit for the money in the later years...mainly. but tyson has no excuses!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shavers was ducked by great fighters cos of his freakish punching power!!

Shavers was a greatly entertaining heavyweight puncher.. But he was never ducked..He fought great competition..

Norton, holmes on more then one occasion, ali, quarry,Lyle..

He was a great fighter but was never on the same level as most of the top fighters in that great era but gave a number of great fighters hell and he couldnt have been counted out because he was a great puncher..

In short- Not ducked
    Immortal Technique

ICB Guest

Default Re: Shavers was ducked by great fighters cos of his freakish punching power!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB
    Shavers was a greatly entertaining heavyweight puncher.. But he was never ducked..He fought great competition..

Norton, holmes on more then one occasion, ali, quarry,Lyle..

He was a great fighter but was never on the same level as most of the top fighters in that great era but gave a number of great fighters hell and he couldnt have been counted out because he was a great puncher..

In short- Not ducked
    Agreed mostly but supposedly Foreman and Frazier ducked him but he did have his chances and never quite made it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he was ducked by foreman, tyson and frazier in the early days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy
    i think foreman, tyson and frazier would beat shavers.

when did shavers retire? just wondering
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its not about who you think will win, its the fact they avoided him. imo tyson, foreman would hve beaten shavers, not sure about frazier tho. he retired in '95'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shavers was amazing to me, cause he hung in there with some of the greats of his era, and started Boxing extremely late at 22 compared to most who start training when they are children

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its not about who you think will win, its the fact they avoided him. imo tyson, foreman would hve beaten shavers, not sure about frazier tho. he retired in '95'
    well it is relivant cause tyson foreman and frazier are way better fighters than shavers . so why would they need to duck him? if anything shavers probably ducked tyson and foreman cause they were scary beast's
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Foreman wasn't scared of anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its borderline Ludacrous for Ernie to say that George ducked him when he came back..

So Big george..Who at the time Shavers says he challenged him..Was on his own comebackk.. And actually won the heavyweight title.. Fighting the likes of prime holyfield, moorer and a young briggs..
    But ducked shavers..

When in fact Shavers was of the era when he could have fought PRIME George foreman, but he instead claims to have been ducked by the older george foreman.. Who still fought better competition..

Doesnt quite add up.. But still.. They all tend to say these sorts of things in short interviews and features like this.. Doesnt mean its true though
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also George wanted to fight Tyson who/is 10 times deadlier than Shavers because he hits harder, and is better boxer along with far more speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

speaking of duckers, to my recolection dempsey never fought one single black man?
    i know sullivan avioded black fighters like the plague and im pretty sure dempsey did to!

and i honestly beleive that the comeback foreman ducked mike tyson(for obvious resons).
    you see the calabre fighters foreman hand picked on his comeback. he didnt want no part of tyson.
    tyson was in his early 20's foreman in his early 40's, mike would have killed the old man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Troy McClure
    i think foreman, tyson and frazier would beat shavers.

when did shavers retire? just wondering
    Hes not retired. theres posters around liverpool city centre advertising him boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he didnt want no part of tyson.
    tyson was in his early 20's foreman in his early 40's, mike would have killed the old man[/b]
    Actually its been documented it was the other way around.... I'm sure someone will dig that info up, it was about 2 months ago on the forum, were tysons handlers wanted no part of a fight with George Foreman.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    he didnt want no part of tyson.
    tyson was in his early 20's foreman in his early 40's, mike would have killed the old man[/b]
    Actually its been documented it was the other way around.... I'm sure someone will dig that info up, it was about 2 months ago on the forum, were tysons handlers wanted no part of a fight with George Foreman.....
    tysons handlers maybe but mike tyson feared no man especially a shot 40 year old.

...and ive heard that quite a bit but never seen proof.

think about it heres one eg...., tommy morrison easily beat an old foreman. do you not think pre or post-prison tyson couldnt do the same?

Thread Information