Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Worried About Boxing's Future?

I'm a little concerned with the growing hype of MMA and Kickboxing. Does anyone think that Boxing could become a thing of the past, in the near future?

I do not want it too, because Boxing is the old school, 'just fists boy!', style of sport. Would be a shame if MMA completely run it out of the show.

Anyone think this is possible?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Worried About Boxing's Future?

Yes I am worried about it, I'll give my reasons tomorrow because its 06:12 in the uk and I get up in less than two hours. Love this forum too much. Night all :P

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im not worried, populations growing out of control, plenty of people for both sports Boxing has been around since Greeks invented it.It isnt going anywhere. They had a little different rules tho, they just sat in front of each other and bashed each other to death...wanna see Mayweather and Spinks try that!!When they decided to make it standing, they wore spiked gloves. Thats freakin hardcore. Then they turned it into an olympic game. The origins of MMA? Is that just the origin of fighting?I saw UFC 1, those were OG mofo's..tournament style, these guys are only fighting one fight for like 10 seconds now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Naahhh. There are still a lot of exciting personalites in boxing. But to be honest, I yearn for fights like Frazier Ali 1-2-3, Leonard Hearns, Duran Leonard, Castillo Corralles. These type of fights nowadays are far and few in between. Yes we hear "sweet science of boxing" being extolled by the purists but the general public wants to see gladiators, not boxing scientists hehhe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKY_13
    I'm a little concerned with the growing hype of MMA and Kickboxing. Does anyone think that Boxing could become a thing of the past, in the near future?

I do not want it too, because Boxing is the old school, 'just fists boy!', style of sport. Would be a shame if MMA completely run it out of the show.

Anyone think this is possible?
    If anything I would see a push for all of these to be banned in the future.....people are becoming bigger b*tches (at least those in power anyway) and with any almost decent fight being put on PPV (and the cost of the PPV's rising) eventually so few will follow it, it will become easy prey to be outlawed....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes boxing is dying a slow death even with all the great fights this year.

On a completely different forum, which is in no way affiliated with boxing /mma or anything remotely similiar there was a 5 page thread on MMA (K-1, UFC, Pride) and who's gonna win what ect .... in the upcoming events. They seemed to know a lot about thedifferent fighters and styles involved.

So i started a thread on boxing.

I got 5 replies, most of which were so confused by all the wight divisions, paper titles and sheer number of champions that they sometimes got there already limited facts wrong.

So yes I am worried about boxing's future. Most of my friends watch MMA now with intermittent dashes of boxing in between when a decent fight comes along.
    Knowledge is Power

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not worried at all. Look at this forum! Look at the millions who tuned in to watch PBF-DLH. All you need is to market it right. Market fighters and they will become stars. Too many people love boxing for it to disappear.

It's all about how you present things. If you build it, they will come. Kevin Costner taught me that

Thread Information