Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Margarito vs Cotto Dec 07'

Bob Arum has this set up. If Cotto and Margarito win their next fights they will be meeting up in Nov or Dec this year. Even if Cotto losses to me he will be having more balls than Mayweather, since mayweather always ducked margarito. Here is the link to the article on it.

http://www.secondsout.com/usa/lusal....s=473&cs=22128

What you guys think about this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Margarito vs Cotto Dec 07'

I wouldnt say PBF ducked him, he just never game him the oppertunity to fight him. I would say stepping up in weight and class to fight Oscar was a bigger risk.
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy11
    Bob Arum has this set up. If Cotto and Margarito win their next fights they will be meeting up in Nov or Dec this year. Even if Cotto losses to me he will be having more balls than Mayweather, since mayweather always ducked margarito. Here is the link to the article on it.

PBF didn't duck him. Margo has fought nobody of any real worth to deserve such a fight. If I called out Mayweather, would you say he ducked me? I don't buy all this crap that Margo is ducked. He claims he is, then spent some time ducking Paul Williams. He's contradicting and full of shit, I hope Williams knocks him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldnt say PBF ducked him
    ok

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EOSYzIKJFro"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EOSYzIKJFro" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think Cottos got to get past Judah first. Thought Cotto would beat him when fight was first announced but now i'm kinda leaning towards Zab, gonna be too fast for Cotto an he bangs too hard to be taking lots of shots like Cotto does. If he does beat Judah an then goes for Margo think he's going about things the right way to win more fans in the fight game. Our boy Ricky should take note.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow talk about looking ahead....neither one of those guys is fighting a rollover opponet that usually happens just to set up a big matchup down the road....i'd like to see this fight though, i don't see margarito as being ducked by floyd in any way him and pbf is a fight that nobody outside of people that really follow boxing want to see and pbf knew that and knew he wouldn't make much money in beating him or have much to gain bragging wise by beating him...no way should he be fighting what many see as the pound for pound best and after watching his last fight i'm glad he didn't..
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its too early to look so far ahead....he needs to get through the weekend first!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im just glad cotto and toney will finally be getting it ON! they should fight regardless of the outcome of their next fights tho IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Floyd ducked Margarito" is right behind "Floyd just runs" on my list of favorite Saddo's arguments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both guys have big challenges to go thru soon. I think Zab will beat Cotto.. I just do not think Cotto is as good as people think, and Margarito should beat Williams. I would love to see Zab vs. Margarito. Zab vs. Williams would be a very interesting fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah he ducked Margaritto... THen why would he fight Oscar who is fifty times better than Margaritto?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    "Floyd ducked Margarito" is right behind "Floyd just runs" on my list of favorite Saddo's arguments.
    IMO, Tony has the least chance of beating floyd out of all those other guys. Floyd wins a UD EASY, but then everyone will say "he just ran". Floyd just can't get a break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't Judah make this mistake also? He was looking at a big fight after the spinks or baldo fight and got beat, then blamed everyone else including the kitchen sink for the loss. And Forrest had similar prob's too i recall - signed a mega deal assuming he would get past his next opponents. That's a dangerous move i reckon by Cotto if this is accurate.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bikersk
    Didn't Judah make this mistake also? He was looking at a big fight after the spinks or baldo fight and got beat, then blamed everyone else including the kitchen sink for the loss. And Forrest had similar prob's too i recall - signed a mega deal assuming he would get past his next opponents. That's a dangerous move i reckon by Cotto if this is accurate.
    It is called 'taking care of business' and Erik Morales is guilty of this as well. The difference is that Cotto's fight this weekend was originally supposed to be against Margarito. Never mind the fact that this announcement is being made a few weeks before this weekend's fight and not a few weeks after this weekend's fight was officially announced. There is no room for losing focus at this point. Judah and Morales lost focus months before their 'tune-up' fights.
    "Even Roy Jones was forced to 'Lean Back'"

- Fat Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well made point. Wont stop people using it as an excuse tho if cotto loses. Of course i've not been in the same position but i would assume that for a fight such as this a real intense focus on this fight alone would be required to prepare properly and looking at fights after this one may be unnecessary.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Thread Information