Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Jermain Taylor...do you believe...or don't you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jermain Taylor...do you believe...or don't you?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jermain Taylor...do you believe...or don't you?

Alright folks...I hate to plug my own articles...but please click the link below, read it, & then let me know your opinion...not on the article itself...but on Taylor as our Middleweight Champion.

http://www.saddoboxing.com/5421-boxi...in-taylor.html
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jermain Taylor...do you believe...or don't you?

It was an easy vote for me...

I no longer believe in Taylor as our Middleweight champion & I haven't for quite some time. Personally, I think that Taylor is the product of some clever match making, some shitty decisions, & some heavy HEAVY marketing on HBO's part.

Also...I'd like to add that it's not the preferred choice for me...I have long been a fan of Taylor & an ardent supporter...but those days are over.

There it is.

Oh well.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's hard to say, Taylor has been fighting top guys but the problem is 3 of his last 5 fights have been against smaller men & two of those Wright & Spinks arguably won.

I still give him credit for his competition & he is still recognised as middleweight champion as he is still technically undefeated.

He could easily be 2-3 in his last five & I don't think it will be long before he is dethroned!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the talent is there for taylor. I mean the fact that he has atleast lasted the distance with Bhop and Winky means he's no dud. Maybe he needs a couple of tune ups to get his form back. I'll believe he's done if he has a bad showing against an easy opponent.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think hes ripe for the picking. He will lose his next fight if its against a middleweight. I really never liked the guy to be honest. I thought Winky won that fight, I thought Bernard won the first fight. He could easily have 3 losses after this last fight. If he wins another close decision I am gonna refuse to watch him again..I'm only watching now to see him lose.Tired of hearing him talk about money, step up and fight the real middleweights who deserve shots!!! He kind of has a arrogance like he dominated those fights..he squeeked by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm find with taylor. he gave winky a run for his money.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure.

I would be happy to see that it was simply a stretch of unpaved road with Jermaine riding on racing tires.

I will not be sure he is fin until he is clearly beaten, which in my eyes has not happened. Unless I count the fight where he actually became middleweight champion. I am not, thank you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think taylor won his last match but think he could have 2 blemishes on his record first b hop fight and the winky fight. I still think he's a good fighter but just doesn't have the will anymore or something, I mean he used to talk about fighting the best, now he talks about fighting the ones that will make him the most money. Also a few months back or so there was talk of him wanting to retire, I personally think he's a talented boxer whom perhaps isn't all that fond of boxing anymore, hence I see him loosing soon, then again though the judges may think otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where is the vote for, I never thought Taylor was Champ in the first place. With out out of the way, I do think he is good. He will get better and be the current champ for a while I believe.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted that HBO's made a bit more of Taylor than there is. He clearly, in my mind, lost to Winky and at best, for Taylor, the 1st Hopkins fight was a draw.
    That being said, he's certainly a talented fighter but I think he's been fighting like he's afraid to lose rather than fighting to win. Spinks may have beaten him, he may not have, I was so goddamn bored 3 rounds in to that fight that I stopped paying much attention. Taylor does have some skills, I don't think that he's exceptional in any area, except perhaps his jab (if he ever bothers to use it again), but he doesn't really have any deficiencies either.
    I curious to see how he'll respond to the style of Pavlik if they ever fight, but JT beating Pavlik is by no means out of the question, in my mind he'd be favored to win (though I'll be cheering for Pavlik).
    I agree with the poster(s) above who said Taylor seems to have lost his desire for boxing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be completely honest Wacko, I was loving Taylor for beating BHOP. Not that I dislike BHOP, but he brutalized my boy Tito. Since then, my thoughts have shifted. If Taylor was to take on the Pavliks, Abrahams, mirandas, Solimans,etc, I'd give him his credit back. But, fighting popular names(who are good fighters, but alot smaller), does not get my respect. 1, or maybe 2, here and there, I can understand, but come on. Better fighters get hacked for less. I'm not saying I'm not sold on Taylor, but I'd like to see him dominate a top guy, who is his size or bigger. Just once, and I give him his props. at least until the next fight, in case he fights a can of corn. You don't have to prove everything every fight, but at least every 2nd or 3rd fight.

Bottom line-he has hung in with 2 of the best(regardless of who people think won). If he could follow that up with a decisive win, it would go far for his career. not just fighting little guys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We boxing fans are fickle. I have never been a JT fan but I repseted him for fighting Bhop and Winky back to back and he hung with them but since thenhe has looked woeful to say the least. May be it was styles(doubtful),may be a lack of motivation or may be you are right Wack,dodgy decisions,LOTS of marketing etc.

I think we'll find out for sure if he steps in the ring with Pavlik. Pavlik is bigger,stronger and hits harder than nearly all of JT's opponents so he would test him,make him dig deep. I need to see that fight or a similarly tough fight for JT before forming a final opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes got to relearn the agression he showed early in his career,hes got plenty of power and speed,but now he's content to just sit out and try to win on points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Emanuel Steward was right in yelling at him.

Despite all the criticism he's been getting for yelling at Taylor.

He's the only one with sense close to Taylor. Now he's probably going to be gone for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Soon as Pavlik or whoever he faces beats Taylor I hope he dissapears like a fart in the wind." For the most money" he dose it for.Not for the love of the game or even god forbid he dose it for the fans.I don't know about you, but May the 19th's so-called main event did for me. Godbless you all.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Thread Information