Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default slipping punches

I havent really managed to slip punches in the ring yet so im just practicing on the double end bag at the moment however im not sure im doing it correctly for example if i was slipping to the right or the outside of my oponents left jab when i lean to the right i tend to drop my left hand exposing the left hand side of my face but sort of bring my left shoulder around as i twist at the hips to protect that side of my chin and sort of let the bag rebound off my left shoulder...so is this ok or should i keep both hands up to protect my chin? and avoid the bag completley

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: slipping punches

The way I do it (which may or may not be right) is more like Tyson both hands up at all times and bend at the waist side to side

[youtube=425,350]2o39R-gaT04[/youtube]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah but i thought that was sort of like the bob part of bobbing and weaving and that a slip was slightly different but i could be wrong ....nice clip though anyway man!

El Kabong Guest

I thought the slip or weave was the side to side motion....bobbing is up and down. Because the bag you see swinging over his head is a maize bag.

www.wikipedia.com "Maize bags are not punched with great force but are used in boxing training to improve the athlete's head motion and ability to evade an opponent's punch, their name deriving from the fact that traditionally they are filled with maize"

Thread Information