Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

I hate to admit it but the kid is growing on me. I just wish he would develop a jab and fight taller. He does have a good left hook and seems to learn from each fight. I still dont think he is ready for Gatti but I think he could actually make some noise in the future and he is marketable.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO STOP FEEDING THIS KID TOMATO CANS ?!?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well he has no amateur experience so it would be a mistake to rush him. He is supposed to fight Gatti though if Gatti wins his fight against Gomez, but that is too soon for Chavez imo
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

El Kabong Guest

Well sometimes you do have to push the process.....what's the worst that could happen vs Gatti. Arturo is older now and can't take it like he used to.

I would like to see JC Jr. eventually fight Ricky Hatton or Jose Luis Castillo.....EVENTUALLY

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a little sensitive on the Chavez subject, 'cause his dad was another one who began his career with about 45 wins against totally inferior opposition. That he turned out to be a great fighter, there is no doubt. But I've always felt that his 100+ wins have to be taken in the context of his first 40-some fights. And to see Junior being brought up the same way...... well, it just irritates the sh*t out of me.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan
    I'm a little sensitive on the Chavez subject, 'cause his dad was another one who began his career with about 45 wins against totally inferior opposition. That he turned out to be a great fighter, there is no doubt. But I've always felt that his 100+ wins have to be taken in the context of his first 40-some fights. And to see Junior being brought up the same way...... well, it just irritates the sh*t out of me.
    It's true... I mean you can't really object too the way he's bring groomed since he doesn't have any amatuer background.... But for that same reason, why is he getting all these televised showcases when he clearly isn't going to step it up soon?... At least his dad really wasn't heralded until he had 50 something fights under his belt, and I'm not suggesting he should be given credit for those fights, or that they do anything to make his overall record any more impressive. Im just saying he didn't fight in the public eye until he was schooled as a fighter and ready to take on top guys. Jr shouldn't be treated any differently if you ask me, though he has looked better every time out in the few fights Ive seen of his, he's fighting complete no hopers and could be in for a very rude awakening even against Gatti if he actually ends up taking that fight. If it does come off though he should get credit for the step up being such a young fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    I hate to admit it but the kid is growing on me. I just wish he would develop a jab and fight taller. He does have a good left hook and seems to learn from each fight. I still dont think he is ready for Gatti but I think he could actually make some noise in the future and he is marketable.
    BoomBoom I agree. Gatti seems to be a tough fight, but I think they are betting on the fact that Gatti is finished. If I were a young fighters management I wouldn't go near Gatti.

Thread Information