Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Where's the Mainstream Coverage for This Fight

Didn't see a single thing on Sportscenter, and on espn.com they don't even have a blip about this great fight on the front page headline list It's a fight like this that would bring more people to boxing rather than Mayweather-DLH, because this was everything you want a title fight to turn out to be. I think we can now say Mayweather-DLH did nothing to save boxing.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Where's the Mainstream Coverage for This Fight

Quote Originally Posted by smashcrusher
    Didn't see a single thing on Sportscenter, and on espn.com they don't even have a blip about this great fight on the front page headline list It's a fight like this that would bring more people to boxing rather than Mayweather-DLH, because this was everything you want a title fight to turn out to be. I think we can now say Mayweather-DLH did nothing to save boxing.
    Mayweather vs ODLH sucked compared to Judah vs Cotto i knew ODLH vs Mayweather wouldn't be good thats why i didn't bother to watch it live i knew it would just be a boring tactical fight ok i like a tactical fight sometimes but it wasn't worth watching and i don't know why it got so much hype it was obvisious by the styles that it wouldn't be no good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wait til monday. PTI and ATH will probably have peices about it. That is if they're not too busy covering some stupid fued in indy car racing, doing another peice on a "brave" homo who came out of the closet and then lost his job, and talking about golf. 

Seriously they've covered just as many gay people (and in more depth) as they have fights this year. They covered some dude out of the NBA that retired and a coach that was fired. They showed a 15 second clip of the Valuev fight where he lost and they hyped up PBF/ODLH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the mainstream media, since they don't regularly cover boxing, don't know anything about boxing, so when they see a fight like this on paper, they see Judah not having a win in his last 4 fights and figure there's no reason to cover what they view to be a champ fighting a journeyman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    Wait til monday. PTI and ATH will probably have peices about it. That is if they're not too busy covering some stupid fued in indy car racing, doing another peice on a "brave" homo who came out of the closet and then lost his job, and talking about golf.
    Unfortunately Punisher, The Sports Reporters just now didn't even mention it, so PTI and ATH probably won't either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judah's been horsesh!t the past year and Cotto doesn't speak English, much like in the 90s when Chavez was reigning but couldn't speak English, he couldn't cross over to mainstream America.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skyler
    Judah's been horsesh!t the past year and Cotto doesn't speak English, much like in the 90s when Chavez was reigning but couldn't speak English, he couldn't cross over to mainstream America.
    The fight was an excellent fight thats what real fighting was all about and it put ODLH vs Mayweather to shame they could learn few things off this fight how real fighting is done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If they don't i'm confident jim rome will atleast throw in his two cents that sound something like this :

"Now on to a sport thats fading fast.... Boxing. Yes Boxing. You know that sport that recently had a mega fight that was 12 rounds of boredom. Recently they had Zab Judah, whoever that is, fight miguel cotto, who ever that is. Now they put on a great fight but i bet if i asked anyone around the country who they were they couldn't give me an answer. Here's my tip for boxing: If you want to be the mainstream powerhouse that you used to be and not be completely consumed by the UFC, hype up and pay these guys instead of a fight that you know wasn't worth $60. If you want to come back into the spotlight, quit ripping off fans like your judges and promoters rip off your fighters"

Don't try to deny that you can hear romes voice perfectly voice over that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If they don't i'm confident jim rome will atleast throw in his two cents that sound something like this :

"Now on to a sport thats fading fast.... Boxing. Yes Boxing. You know that sport that recent had a mega fight that was 12 rounds of boredom. Recently they had Zab Judah, whoever that is, fight miguel cotto, who ever that is. Now they put on a great fight but i bet if i asked anyone around the country who they were they couldn't give me an answer. Here's my tip for boxing: If you want to be the mainstream powerhouse that you used to be and not be completely consumed by the UFC, hype up and pay these guys instead of a fight that you know wasn't worth $60. If you want to come back into the spotlight, quit ripping off fans like your judges and promoters rip off your fighters"

Don't try to deny that you can hear romes voice perfectly voice over that.
    That was good

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Which is your way of saying what, that the fight doesn't deserve better coverage? Sounds like a stupid reason to me.

Judah hasn't been "horsesh*t" the past year, basically because he hasn't FOUGHT THE PAST YEAR. But again, after a fighter loses, all of a sudden he's "horsesh*t". Typical shortsighted mentality.

And by the way, Cotto DIDN'T speak English, but has worked hard at studying English and now holds his own. How many languages have YOU learned after becoming an adult?

ICB Guest

And actually what had Oscar done to earn his major mainstream he had he lost to Hopkins got a gift off Felx Sturm and beat and brawler with wild punches Mayorga yet he got all major mainstream for doing bloody nothing to earn his shot at Mayweather and really in his last 4 fights before he fought Mayweather he should of been 1-3 or Maybe 2-2 because he derserved Mosley decision but still he didn't derserve major mainstream because he had done nothing to earn his shot at Mayweather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    And actually what had Oscar done to earn his major mainstream he had he lost to Hopkins got a gift of Felx Sturm and beat and brawler with wild punches Mayorga yet he got all major mainstream for doing bloody nothing to earn his shot at Mayweather.
    Oscar was the belt holder. Mayweather earned a shot against HIM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashcrusher
    Not only that, but Sports Illustrated was all over the DLH-PBF fight, both before and after the fight. Cover shots, full-length articles, the works. Wanna guess how much coverage they'll give the Cotto-Judah fight?

ICB Guest

And actually what had Oscar done to earn his major mainstream he had he lost to Hopkins got a gift of Felx Sturm and beat and brawler with wild punches Mayorga yet he got all major mainstream for doing bloody nothing to earn his shot at Mayweather.
    Beating Mayorga and ?? what makes him anymore derserving than any of the other fighters yesterday because in his last 4 fights he had done basically nothing except lose and get gift decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beating Mayorga and ?? what makes him anymore derserving than any of the other fighters yesterday because in his last 4 fights he had done basically nothing except lose and get gift decision.
    Floyd wanted oscars title. Oscar had the title. Thats like saying that a champion doesn't deserve a shot at a challenger wtf is that supposed to mean.

Thread Information