Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's worse for us CURRENT BOXING FANS? Oscar or Richard Schaffer?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who's worse for the sport of Boxing? Oscar or Richard Schaffer?

Quote Originally Posted by amat

And I get you completely, I'm agreeing with you. It just seems your getting worked up when I'm agreeing with you. I know it was wrong and McCain is an idiot a lot of the times, but that was one thing where it's kind of like the old grandpa is venting about his wartime. Not smart, definitely not what you want to see out of a president but I don't think he should have been crucified the way he was for it either.
    right, i mean if i was in his shoes, i admit id be mad Fin pissed at the people who tortured my asss and held me hostage but as much as i hated those people for me to slip or even include in a a speech LOL COME ON NOW!!!!!!!!

oh snap thought u just turn the big 18? didnt u see what i wrote in your bday thread? i was like yo bro u finally legal we can pimp the hoez in the 18 and over clubs now next time i swing by the bay lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who's worse for us CURRENT BOXING FANS? Oscar or Richard Schaffer?

fine i changed the title of the thread to: Who's worse for us CURRENT BOXING FANS? Oscar or Richard Schaffer?

there u happy now guys?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally if those commie gook mutherfuckers captured and tortured him like they did to Rambo then you can understand how he felt completely.

I'm all for a bit of hatred in speeches.

Anyone remember the furore that Arnold caused during his induction speech as governor of California?

He talked about some of his political enemies being 'girlie' men.

He had apparently said the term at a minor convention a few weeks before and his team strongly advised him to not to say it again. But Arnold takes orders from no man and repeated it at the big conference, and to thunderous applause I might add

We need more machismo in our leaders. That new French President is right now leading the way with his hilarious address at the G* Summit this week where he turned up pissed out of his skull after a meeting with Putin.

Here's the vid, it's worth a giggle

[youtube=425,350]wa2X-mxhs4k&mode=related&search[/youtube]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Personally if those commie gook mutherfuckers captured and tortured him like they did to Rambo then you can understand how he felt completely.

I'm all for a bit of hatred in speeches.

Anyone remember the furore that Arnold caused during his induction speech as governor of California?

He talked about some of his political enemies being 'girlie' men.

He had apparently said the term at a minor convention a few weeks before and his team strongly advised him to not to say it again. But Arnold takes orders from no man and repeated it at the big conference, and to thunderous applause I might add

We need more machismo in our leaders. That new French President is right now leading the way with his hilarious address at the G* Summit this week where he turned up pissed out of his skull after a meeting with Putin.

Here's the vid, it's worth a giggle

[youtube=425,350]wa2X-mxhs4k&mode=related&search[/youtube]

whats your ethnicity bilbo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    Oscar has been the only promoter really so far to say that boxing is wrong and needs to be fixed, it's about the fighters not the promoters. Now whether he has been successful in trying to make it about the fighters and not the promoters is another question, but he certainly isn't bad for the sport.

Arum and King have been around for years and the last good thing either of them did was King's middleweight tournament 5 years ago. I'm sorry but I'm more comfortable with Oscar leading the way then anyone else.

I hope that Boxing Summit thing gets off to. Also, Oscar is the only promoter to come out in support of McCain's national commission which pretty much everyone knows we need.
    Oscar claimed/promised ALOT and is doing the complete opposite by Fin over us fight fans and not letting pac fight JMM, MAB, Valero, Guzman, etc etc. OSCAR makes it very CLEAR that he would rather take ARUM to court and tie up these hungry prime fighters from fighting each other than settling out of court.

arum and don king while suing each other still gave us alot of super mega fights even while still in pending litigation.

OSCAR WILL NOT!

so whats good now bro?
    It's call business and Arum no longer has any leverage with the single digit number of champions and prospects he has rightsto. Arum double talks and asks that his boxers generate the larger purse despite not being belt holders. Then he blames it on GBP. GBP meanwhile has plenty of fighter to showcase on PPV,HBO and HBO Latino boxing segments. What does Arum have.......I'll tell you ..... wimpers. It is not non Pac Man fans or GBP boxers fault that Pac Man continues to make managerial blunders.
    To say Arum no longer has single digit champions and prospects in way out of bounds. Pac Man, Cotto, Margarito, Clotty, Chavez, Jr, Pavlik, Soto, JM Lopez, Arce, Castillo. I know this is only 10, but put this up against GBP fighters. Everyone talks how GBP is the future, they have Oscar, Mosely, Barrera, and Hopkins. These 4 prob only have a fight left. Besides that they have JM Marquez, Winky, Ponce-De-Leon, Barrios, Larrios. I think Top Rank definatley has the supperior fighters and better younger fighters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the wiz
    Oscar has been the only promoter really so far to say that boxing is wrong and needs to be fixed, it's about the fighters not the promoters. Now whether he has been successful in trying to make it about the fighters and not the promoters is another question, but he certainly isn't bad for the sport.

Arum and King have been around for years and the last good thing either of them did was King's middleweight tournament 5 years ago. I'm sorry but I'm more comfortable with Oscar leading the way then anyone else.

I hope that Boxing Summit thing gets off to. Also, Oscar is the only promoter to come out in support of McCain's national commission which pretty much everyone knows we need.
    Oscar claimed/promised ALOT and is doing the complete opposite by Fin over us fight fans and not letting pac fight JMM, MAB, Valero, Guzman, etc etc. OSCAR makes it very CLEAR that he would rather take ARUM to court and tie up these hungry prime fighters from fighting each other than settling out of court.

arum and don king while suing each other still gave us alot of super mega fights even while still in pending litigation.

OSCAR WILL NOT!

so whats good now bro?
    It's call business and Arum no longer has any leverage with the single digit number of champions and prospects he has rightsto. Arum double talks and asks that his boxers generate the larger purse despite not being belt holders. Then he blames it on GBP. GBP meanwhile has plenty of fighter to showcase on PPV,HBO and HBO Latino boxing segments. What does Arum have.......I'll tell you ..... wimpers. It is not non Pac Man fans or GBP boxers fault that Pac Man continues to make managerial blunders.
    To say Arum no longer has single digit champions and prospects in way out of bounds. Pac Man, Cotto, Margarito, Clotty, Chavez, Jr, Pavlik, Soto, JM Lopez, Arce, Castillo. I know this is only 10, but put this up against GBP fighters. Everyone talks how GBP is the future, they have Oscar, Mosely, Barrera, and Hopkins. These 4 prob only have a fight left. Besides that they have JM Marquez, Winky, Ponce-De-Leon, Barrios, Larrios. I think Top Rank definatley has the supperior fighters and better younger fighters.
    CC bro interesting/great points you made!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Schaefer indicated that he was “convinced” Golden Boy will win its lawsuit against Arum for “tortuous interference

TORTUOUS INTERFERENCE?

AHAHHAHAHAHA WTF? now thats as gay as labeling it: FABULOUS INTERFERENCE

or

ARROUSING INTERFERENCE

lol

shaaaaaaferr is raging HOMO fo sho! perfect CEO for goldenboy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'll be interesting to see what young fighters GB can sign. Right now all their big names are right near the end of their careers... Oscar, Shane, Hopkins, Barrera, etc.
    Those guys will all be done in a year or two.

I was very optimistic about GB when it was first founded. There have been some ups and downs so far. We'll see if Oscar really tries to change the way the business of boxing works, or if he's just in it to make the most money possible, like every other promoter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    It'll be interesting to see what young fighters GB can sign. Right now all their big names are right near the end of their careers... Oscar, Shane, Hopkins, Barrera, etc.
    Those guys will all be done in a year or two.

I was very optimistic about GB when it was first founded. There have been some ups and downs so far. We'll see if Oscar really tries to change the way the business of boxing works, or if he's just in it to make the most money possible, like every other promoter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can understand you disliking Schafer and Oscar BestP4P but I don't see why so much dislike. Some of the best cards of last year and a couple this year have been presented to us by GBP.It offers another alternative to the monopoly by Arum and DK. So I don't really see what the problem is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I can understand you disliking Schafer and Oscar BestP4P but I don't see why so much dislike. Some of the best cards of last year and a couple this year have been presented to us by GBP.It offers another alternative to the monopoly by Arum and DK. So I don't really see what the problem is.
    problem is bro........if u dont mind only seep gbp vs gbp fighters for the rest of your life then thats cool, but i dont! i wanna see gbp take on arums best, dk best etc etc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand where you are coming from but all promoters go to war at sometime or another. They aren't stupid. If the fight is likely to make $$$ then somewhere down the line,they will come to an agreement. I think as soon as this Manny saga is resolved, GBP will be more willing to do business with other promoters,most notably,Arum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey P4P, what you're not realizing is that you're debating with GBP's target audience. These guys obviously believe anything they hear. Bottom line is that GBP is trying to monopolize the whole boxing industry and I as a fan have nothing to gain from it but having to wait an extra week to see a fight because all they want to do is put every one of their fighters on PPV.

Boxing used to be a gladiator sport but the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised to see these so-called business men fighters fighting wearing a suit. Arum is a great promoter and he brings guys up from nowhere. GBP on the other hand buys established fighters after the other promoters spent all those years grooming these fighters from nothing.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bx730NY
    Hey P4P, what you're not realizing is that you're debating with GBP's target audience. These guys obviously believe anything they hear. Bottom line is that GBP is trying to monopolize the whole boxing industry and I as a fan have nothing to gain from it but having to wait an extra week to see a fight because all they want to do is put every one of their fighters on PPV.

Boxing used to be a gladiator sport but the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised to see these so-called business men fighters fighting wearing a suit. Arum is a great promoter and he brings guys up from nowhere. GBP on the other hand buys established fighters after the other promoters spent all those years grooming these fighters from nothing.
    CC for the REEEEEEEEAL TALK bro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the wiz

OSCAR WILL NOT!

so whats good now bro?
    cc...great post
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Thread Information