Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's worse for us CURRENT BOXING FANS? Oscar or Richard Schaffer?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who's worse for us CURRENT BOXING FANS? Oscar or Richard Schaffer?

Who's worse for us CURRENT BOXING FANS? Oscar or Richard Schaffer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who's worse for the sport of Boxing? Oscar or Richard Schaffer?

i couldnt believe my eyes when i read an article that stated that ceo of golden boy richard shaffer actually said: arum believes we should just accept his settlement money instead of actually going to litigation, but since arum called us names we will fight him in court.

so richards gonna drag this out to court and F over us fight fans just cause arum called him names

you believe this BS?

is this the elementry school playground?

wtf did oscar find richard from?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're joking right. I'm pretty sure that you're the only person who is really down on Oscar as a promoter. Golden Boy has been fantastic for boxing in the short time they have been around, and have created some absolutely fantastic cards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i guess name calling is really hurtful to some

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    You're joking right. I'm pretty sure that you're the only person who is really down on Oscar as a promoter. Golden Boy has been fantastic for boxing in the short time they have been around, and have created some absolutely fantastic cards.
    im the ONLY person? HAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah thats true bro.................if u only wanna see GBP fighters fight ONLY GBP fighters

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar has been the only promoter really so far to say that boxing is wrong and needs to be fixed, it's about the fighters not the promoters. Now whether he has been successful in trying to make it about the fighters and not the promoters is another question, but he certainly isn't bad for the sport.

Arum and King have been around for years and the last good thing either of them did was King's middleweight tournament 5 years ago. I'm sorry but I'm more comfortable with Oscar leading the way then anyone else.

I hope that Boxing Summit thing gets off to. Also, Oscar is the only promoter to come out in support of McCain's national commission which pretty much everyone knows we need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar has been the only promoter really so far to say that boxing is wrong and needs to be fixed, it's about the fighters not the promoters. Now whether he has been successful in trying to make it about the fighters and not the promoters is another question, but he certainly isn't bad for the sport.

Arum and King have been around for years and the last good thing either of them did was King's middleweight tournament 5 years ago. I'm sorry but I'm more comfortable with Oscar leading the way then anyone else.

I hope that Boxing Summit thing gets off to. Also, Oscar is the only promoter to come out in support of McCain's national commission which pretty much everyone knows we need.
    Oscar claimed/promised ALOT and is doing the complete opposite by Fin over us fight fans and not letting pac fight JMM, MAB, Valero, Guzman, etc etc. OSCAR makes it very CLEAR that he would rather take ARUM to court and tie up these hungry prime fighters from fighting each other than settling out of court.

arum and don king while suing each other still gave us alot of super mega fights even while still in pending litigation.

OSCAR WILL NOT!

so whats good now bro?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oh yeah and FUKKKKKKKKKKK JOHN MCCAIN's racist asssssss! anyone who calls vietnamese GOOKS in his SPEECH, in his SPEECH in front of thousands and feels its OK!

will not get any love or support from me.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He came from a different time, personal feelings for McCain aside, the boxing bill is just about essential. I don't agree with him on about anything, but that is a great measure for boxing.

As far as Oscar's handling of Pac, I'm pretty sure he's made offers for every single one of those guys to fight Pacquiao. So....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He came from a different time, personal feelings for McCain aside, the boxing bill is just about essential. I don't agree with him on about anything, but that is a great measure for boxing.

As far as Oscar's handling of Pac, I'm pretty sure he's made offers for every single one of those guys to fight Pacquiao. So....
    different time my assssss if you actually running for president of this country and you gonna call vietnamese people: GOOKS only a couple years ago in a speech! shiiiiiiiiiiit even a KLAN member knows better not to say stupid ishhhhhhh like that if they seriously trying to win.

Oscar did offer pac hella money to fight gbp stablemates but the problem is he wants nothing to do with ARUM. so he wont work with Arum PERIOD. which goes against everything he promised he would NOT DO!

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    yeah thats true bro.................if u only wanna see GBP fighters fight ONLY GBP fighters
    Well the way things are going GBP is going to govern the boxing world. 80% of it is running smooth as GBP has no reservation of pitting his boxers against its own top notch boxers. Up to this point I have not heard the double crossing accusations generally coming out of Arum, Top Rank, and King camps. So far GBP and Sycuan Ringside Promotions of California seem to be the only ones fulfilling their promises to their boxers. Word of mouth spreads and its the old time parasite like Arum and King that are hindering the boxing scene ..... hanging on when the love is gone and the greed is on !!

As for Richard Schaefer is an top notch Swiss Financial wizard who chose to run GBP rather than a large bank. (a baby-faced former executive at Swiss bank UBS Warburg) Add ODLH marketability and everything seems to be turning to gold. And FYI do not be surprised if shortly Pac Man fights for GBP with partnership rights to Asia for combing through for tomorrows talent. So how is GBP ruining boxing? In time GBP will help diminish the ABC's of Championship belts and make champions more visible and identifable.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P

Oscar claimed/promised ALOT and is doing the complete opposite by Fin over us fight fans and not letting pac fight JMM, MAB, Valero, Guzman, etc etc. OSCAR makes it very CLEAR that he would rather take ARUM to court and tie up these hungry prime fighters from fighting each other than settling out of court.

arum and don king while suing each other still gave us alot of super mega fights even while still in pending litigation.

OSCAR WILL NOT!

so whats good now bro?
    It's call business and Arum no longer has any leverage with the single digit number of champions and prospects he has rightsto. Arum double talks and asks that his boxers generate the larger purse despite not being belt holders. Then he blames it on GBP. GBP meanwhile has plenty of fighter to showcase on PPV,HBO and HBO Latino boxing segments. What does Arum have.......I'll tell you ..... wimpers. It is not non Pac Man fans or GBP boxers fault that Pac Man continues to make managerial blunders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

seriously tho.......... we talking STRICTLY what the FANS want to see......... and the fans are the ones getting screwed here fellas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

alot fighters can lose their PRIMES and will lose their PRIMES while litigation is taking place in court for years. its truly a sad thing!

reminds me of how great ALI truly is even more so since he was ROBBED of his prime prime years

Thread Information