Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: BAS RUTTEN SAYS KIMBO IS ONE OF HIS BEST STUDENTS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default BAS RUTTEN SAYS KIMBO IS ONE OF HIS BEST STUDENTS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bas rutten posted this at sherdog

OK guys, I have to say something here.

I am training Kimbo right now, and I have to say that he is one of the BEST fighters I have EVER trained. He really listens to you and does what you say, do you know how hard that it? If he’s dead tired, and I tell him five more rounds, he looks at me, but doesn’t say anything, he just does it.

I entroduced him to the Bas Rutten MMA workout, he was SO tired, he told me that he has never been as tired. Today I was teaching him again, he asked me in the beginning “Are we ging to do the Bas Rutten workout?” But he said it in a crazy way, so I asked him “Do you want to do it?”. He said “Please, yes!” I asked him why, because all my PROFESSIONAL fighters don’t want to do it. He said “Bas, I want to conquer this thing, I want to do it!”Man, he gets, Lots, and losts of respect!

All the shit that people write about him, I am telling you, and I hope you know I don’t lie, he’s a trooper! I wish that all my fighters would be like him. Even my wife loves the guy. He is SO respectful and uses NO bad language in front of kids (my two little daughters love him, and they don’t like anybody!), I am REALLY, blown away.

He really deserves this, I think this. Can a boxer be a MMA FIGHTER? We all know the answer, but can a street fighter be an MMA fighter? We all KNOW the answer to that!

I would wish that all my fighters were like him, like I said, I can put him through every workout I give him, he WILL do it, no questions asked.

I hope you guys meet Kimbo one day, you will be blown away. I just came back from an MMA event and I brought him there, just see how he is with the fans, it’s crazy!

You also know that I would NEVER train an asshole, so trust me, but he’s got me, Shawn Tompkins (who trained him longer than I have,) and Randy Kathami (boxing coach for my gym) respect. I REALLY love the guy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BAS RUTTEN SAYS KIMBO IS ONE OF HIS BEST STUDENTS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am now convinced kimbo will KTFO ray mercer

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BAS RUTTEN SAYS KIMBO IS ONE OF HIS BEST STUDENTS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    I'm starting to think that I really was in the prescence of Kimbo. Posted it once before how there was a guy just like him but he was real quiet and respectful and everything.

That is just weird to read. Holy crap, what if Kimbo really does pick up these things and becomes a decent MMA artist? That would be awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    I'm starting to think that I really was in the prescence of Kimbo. Posted it once before how there was a guy just like him but he was real quiet and respectful and everything.

That is just weird to read. Holy crap, what if Kimbo really does pick up these things and becomes a decent MMA artist? That would be awesome.

naaaaaaaahhhhhhhh not gonna happen

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    Quote Originally Posted by amat

naaaaaaaahhhhhhhh not gonna happen

If you look at youtube you can see Kimbo playing around with some guy in the street and isnt like the same guy we see fighting all the time.

I think he's just very competitive

But hey if Rutten likes him then so do I
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

50 bucks says Kimbo will be wincing and gasping for air mid-way thru round 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    50 bucks says Kimbo will be wincing and gasping for air mid-way thru round 1.

CC

That made me laugh...I'm hoping for a good fight...but dude that made me laugh...
    You are the Creator of all that is, all that was, and all there ever will be.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WOW
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WTF is the Bas Rutten workout?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One is an old man and the other one is a street bum. They both will be gasping and wincing for air half way through round one.

Well no crap Rutten is going to say that about Kimbo..... He's training him... what else is he going to say?

I hope Kimbo get's KTFO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.mmaringreport.com/proshop...roducts_id=239

Essentially, he calls out striking combinations and you throw them. Or calls for a sprawl, or push ups/situps etc. Its very fast paced and pretty intense. I managed to borrow a copy from one of my 6 billion friends on a torrent, if you're pickin up what I'm puttin down
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Kimbo's little doofus videos are just plain crap. He lost a fight against some fat cop named Sean Gannon pretty bad, even with his crew all stepping in and changing the rules every 2 minutes like a gaggle of doofi. I also hear he has a habit of losing the doofus videos he loses in. Too bad Chuck Liddell can't do that bahahaaha!! J/k I like Chuck, just like Rampage more.

Either way, Bas Rutten is legit so maybe he's turning this doofus into the real deal. He's fighting a 43 year old Ray Mercer so if he wins everyone will say Ray was old, and if he loses they'll say he's a doofus. I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer than June 23rd to find out.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nate17
    Yeah Kimbo's little doofus videos are just plain crap. He lost a fight against some fat cop named Sean Gannon pretty bad, even with his crew all stepping in and changing the rules every 2 minutes like a gaggle of doofi. I also hear he has a habit of losing the doofus videos he loses in. Too bad Chuck Liddell can't do that bahahaaha!! J/k I like Chuck, just like Rampage more.

Either way, Bas Rutten is legit so maybe he's turning this doofus into the real deal. He's fighting a 43 year old Ray Mercer so if he wins everyone will say Ray was old, and if he loses they'll say he's a doofus. I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer than June 23rd to find out.
    Gannon is the ONLY loss Kimbo has in his street fights. And Mercer is 46 years old.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gannon is the ONLY loss Kimbo has in his street fights. And Mercer is 46 years old.
    Yes, so its said. Like I said though, while no one has proved he has lost more, its just what I've heard. Either way being beaten by a UFC spare tire like Gannon isn't impressive. Not to mention Gannon is the only opponent of Kimbo's worth mentioning. Also if you watch his vids, his crew steps in constantly, usually when Kimbo is in trouble or is about to be.

You can use the argument that Kimbo was untrained in MMA then. Well, he's 4 weeks under Bas Rutten, and Ray Mercer claims to have been training MMA for over 9 weeks. I'd put my money on the ex-world champ boxer who's crosstrained over an underground boxer who's crosstrained.

And ya, 46 not 43. I was going a little fast on the Numpad and didn't feel like editing my post. :P

Thread Information