Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Return of James "Buster" Douglas!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Return of James "Buster" Douglas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chamiley
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    Quote Originally Posted by chamiley
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    jesus christ! Is Muhammed Ali returning soon? At this rate, I can see Jack Johnson climbing out of his grave for a comeback!
    as soon as they find that cure for parkinsons look out because i bet he still has more in him than chris byrd right now.
    Even though Chris Byrd is boring to watch, he is one of the most underrated and highly skilled boxers of the 90s era.The guy was a middleweight who had better success against heavyweights than Jones and toney. If he would have stayed at middleweight or lightheavyweight or even cruiserweight he would have been a star.
    I'm sure jones and toney would be two time champs too if they had Vitali quit on his stool and a washed up holyfield to fight for titles and then make 5 defenses in 4 years and get annihilated by the only boxer in the division that resembles a quality heavyweight. You can't call byrds heavyweight run a success by any means.
    seeing that the titles have changed hands as many as 8 times in the previous year, Byrd held the title the longest. even withour punching power he consistently beat top fighters at the time like tua, Golota, Oquendo, Williamson, Mcline, Holyfied (who has knocked out 3 of his last opponents). If thatz not skill, then I guess he must have poisoned every one of those guys.
    yeah with 5 defenses in 4 years. Tua was over hyped (only person he every beat that was measurable was ruiz who is trash), Golata was overhyped (dude still hasn't won a title), Oquendo was over hyped, I know you're joking with williamson, mccline was and still is over hyped, and that holyfield was more washed up than the one thats fighting now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Douglas was like 450 pounds the last time i saw him on tv and talking about how he never really liked to fight but he was just pretty good at it so he did it anyway. I hope its not cause he needs the $$
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Douglas was like 450 pounds the last time i saw him on tv and talking about how he never really liked to fight but he was just pretty good at it so he did it anyway. I hope its not cause he needs the $$
    If that is the case his comeback will not last too long. As it is it will not last anyway. Maybe he can fight Evander in a rematch. I am kidding here. Evander would end it in round one this time, and Evander is pretty much a shopworn fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can not comment on this one... Well come back J B D.

The one and only ahhmmm well at least he nahh ... OK I am out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who the hell would sanction such an event??
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    Who the hell would sanction such an event??
    you never know. All they need to do is match Buster with some tomato can and he wins impressively and they can market anything. I wouldn't buy it. I think anyone who cares about him would not want to see him fight anymore, but you cannot stop fighters from doing what they want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw Buster last week at HOF induction weekend. he didnt look huge but didnt look ready to be fighting anytime soon either.

Here are some pics I took of him at the fist casting. Not sure if there gonna work.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z104/Erikk99/BusterDouglass2.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=525]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z104/Erikk99/busterDouglasfistcasting2.jpg[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he look like a down syndrome noob saibot
    tyson wins
    i think butterbean can beat him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe boxing needs a seniors tour like in golf so all the people from that era can continue to watch their heros. But I guess golf takes less of a physical toll, unless you are fighting Shannon Briggs, so perhaps they could wear 16OZ gloves and wear sumo suits - o hang on most of them already do................. :P
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom

I don't think he needs the money (or like you hope not)...Last I knew he had some legit business that did pretty well and didn't put all his money into one operation.....but then again who knows

Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Erikk
    I saw Buster last week at HOF induction weekend. he didnt look huge but didnt look ready to be fighting anytime soon either.

Here are some pics I took of him at the fist casting. Not sure if there gonna work.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z104/Erikk99/BusterDouglass2.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=525]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z104/Erikk99/busterDouglasfistcasting2.jpg[/img]
    How in the world could these pictures be sitting in this thread for 4 entire days without one person making a joke about Buster's riduculous Fat Albert shirt?!?!?

Where did he find that thing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey
    This is Sumo right?
    Haha, yeah I reckon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Erikk

fistcasting? The only thing he did in boxing is beat Mike Tyson.. I guess that was a big event but it was inevitable that someone would beat Mike at the time. Mike was getting more and more negligent in his training with those clowns Aaron Snowell and Kevin Bright. I think his name was Kevin Bright. Mike was the best fighter in the game then and he had those idiots Snowell and Bright in his corner. But as for Douglas beating Mike, Frank Bruno a year before almost beat Mike had he landed a few more left hooks. Tyson would have wiped out Douglas had they fought in 1988. But Mike from 1986-1988 was almost unbeatable and a great fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LegendBoxing65
    But as for Douglas beating Mike, Frank Bruno a year before almost beat Mike had he landed a few more left hooks.
    Frank Bruno didn't almost beat Tyson. Bruno landed one shot in the first round that caught Tyson. Other than that, Bruno spent the whole 5 rounds getting the crap kicked out of him and clutching/holding out of fear.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rvk1331
    "Buster Douglas returns to the ring against Chad Van Sickle 21-6-3 at the Harbour Yard Arena, Connecticut on 7th July on the undercard of Travis Simms vs Joachim Alcine."

this is F****** great! with all these old heavyweights comeing back there will be a senior division pretty soon!>!>
    Insiders are saying that Buster is so overweight that they are trying to get Naseem Hamed for his next fight as they are similar weight and also former world champs
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information