Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where will winner of 147 tournament be in your p4p ranks?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: where will winner of 147 tournament be in your p4p ranks?

I'd say top 3....Floyd and Pacquiao then the WW Champ.

Hatton maybe 4 or 5 and then Jermain Taylor is up there until SOMEBODY beats him

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Of course to be number he would have to beat Floyd, who even though he has 'retired' is still p4p number 1 in everbody's eyes.
    So how do you beat a man who doesn't exsist in flesh. He only exsists in the rankings?
    Floyd hasn't fought in 6 weeks.... let's wait a little while before we start acting like he isn't an active fighter. If he still hasn't signed a contract 6 or 7 months from now, then we can start re-evaluating whether he deserves to hold onto his status in the rankings.
    Oh! don't get me wrong guys...
    I understand that PBF just fought and I also think hes #1 P4P...
    I was just asking bilbo so how does a fighter become #1 P4P if to do so you gotta beat PBF but according to him (PBF) hes retired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle

Hatton maybe 4 or 5 and then Jermain Taylor is up there until SOMEBODY beats him
    Lyle it seems you are begging for someone to beat Taylor. LOL , I with you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the winner of winky would hav to be higher
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    did someone just say they rank the ARUM HYPE machine known as MARGARITO higher than MAB and EM??

i really hope i read that part wrong
    Beating Judah and beating a Margarito that would have beat Williams would mean more then Pac beating MAB and EM imo.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle

I think you forgot Winky Wright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Of course to be number he would have to beat Floyd, who even though he has 'retired' is still p4p number 1 in everbody's eyes.
    So how do you beat a man who doesn't exsist in flesh. He only exsists in the rankings?
    Floyd hasn't fought in 6 weeks.... let's wait a little while before we start acting like he isn't an active fighter. If he still hasn't signed a contract 6 or 7 months from now, then we can start re-evaluating whether he deserves to hold onto his status in the rankings.
    He's said that he's retired, so as far as I am concerned the Floyd era is over until he says that he is not going to retire. Granted boxers have a history of making comebacks, but until he comes out of retirement he shouldn't be in the rankings.
    But he wouldn't have fought again yet regardless. A fighter of his status isn't going to fight more than once every 5 or 6 months anyway. As of right now, his "retirement" hasn't affected anything, because he wouldn't have fought again yet anyway. If he still hasn't fought again by november/december, then at that time we can start rethinking his place in the rankings. I think that's a slightly more scientific way of doing it, than just saying "he said he's not fighting, he's done!"
    Because we all know he'll fight again.....
    Surry to butt in to the conversation, but I think we should wait untill PBF is officially stripped of his titles (If I am not mistaken, he is still considered a WW champ as well), then he should be removed or "stripped" of the P4P as well. This sounds fair to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think by the time the WW tournament (if it is indeed a tournament) is over, the P4P list might look very different.

If by that time PBF does not even have a fight scheduled, he might not even be in the list at that time.

We also have some significant fights coming.

Hatton - Castillo Hatton should win but this is by no means a sure thing. Far from it if you ask me.
    Winky - Hopkins Pretty much a picem fight.
    Taylor - Pavlik Let's all hope it gets made. Whoever wins this will be top 5 easy because of JT 2 wins over Hopkins.
    Calzaghe - Kessler Very close to being made. IF Calzaghe remains undefeated after this, he should be top 3.
    R. Marquez - Vazques 2 If the fight turns out to be as actioned packed as the first one, you can bet that the winner will be ranked a tad higher than he probably should.

Also if PAC doesn't have a big fight soon he might slipp a couple of positions. P4P has always been as Merchant put it once a "what have you done for me lately, ranking".

Bassically, if Winky, Hatton, Taylor, Calzaghe and Marquez wins and if PBF keeps fighting and if PAC makes a fight with JMM or MAB by that time. The winner of the WW tournament might end up as low as 7th or 8th.

On the other hand in the highly unlikely event that PBF stays retired, PAC does not get a big fight, B-HOP, Castillo, Kessler and Pavlik win. Then the WW champ might end up as high as 1st or 2nd.

LOL now that's just crazy huh

Thread Information