Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fighters that earned fans the hard way! PBF fans need not apply! ;)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fighters that earned fans the hard way! PBF fans need not apply! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    How has PBF not gotten anything the hard way?  He's the most talented boxer on the planet and possibly one of the most talented of all time.  He hasn't gotten an abundance of gift decisions or anything like that, I think it's a lot harder to earn fans by being the best then it is by being exciting.  Whatever though.

As for some blue collar fighters, which I assume is what the thread is about.

All time I immediately think of two guys before all others.  Not sure why but Hagler and McCullum come to mind.

Today there is a lot.

Winky Wright
    Jeff Lacy
    Kelly Pavlik
    Ricky Hatton
    Miguel Cotto

Umm...that's all for right now.
    I think the problem I have with PBF is that he's to good...  I know it sounds strange but bear with me a second.

The fighters in this thread are guys that have gotten off the canvas after punishing fights to win

Blue collar in a good word.

I think my nonafinity with PBF is that he is so good, he makes it look easy, is boring to watch because of his winning without engaging and when pressed he punches off his back foot while in reverse.

He wins fights...  Almost every one of them convincingly.

He cares not whether he is a fan favorite(thats great for he sport... ( lets get more of him so I can sleep through PPV fights )

In closing...  How about this!!!!!

An athlete that does not care about entertaining the people that give him the ability to buy rediculous diamond studed belt buckles may as well pack it in.

I have a respect for technically great boxers.............That attempt to engage!!!!!

Hitting and running is not pleasing to my eyes nor entertaining....  Its annoying to watch

I will never again buy a PBF PPV.  I already can tell you the ending without knowing the opponant

Floyd outboxes him over twelve rounds to an excruciating decision.

He gets props for being a great boxer but I'm all set with giving him another chance.  He says every fight he's gonna "Kick the other guys ass"... 

Fuckin stop it

Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

ICB Guest

Marvin Hagler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by "PRIDE OF BOSTON"
    How has PBF not gotten anything the hard way?  He's the most talented boxer on the planet and possibly one of the most talented of all time.  He hasn't gotten an abundance of gift decisions or anything like that, I think it's a lot harder to earn fans by being the best then it is by being exciting.  Whatever though.

All time I immediately think of two guys before all others.  Not sure why but Hagler and McCullum come to mind.

Today there is a lot.

Winky Wright
    Jeff Lacy
    Kelly Pavlik
    Ricky Hatton
    Miguel Cotto

I think the problem I have with PBF is that he's to good...  I know it sounds strange but bear with me a second.

The fighters in this thread are guys that have gotten off the canvas after punishing fights to win

I think my nonafinity with PBF is that he is so good, he makes it look easy, is boring to watch because of his winning without engaging and when pressed he punches off his back foot while in reverse.

He cares not whether he is a fan favorite(thats great for he sport... ( lets get more of him so I can sleep through PPV fights )

An athlete that does not care about entertaining the people that give him the ability to buy rediculous diamond studed belt buckles may as well pack it in.

I have a respect for technically great boxers.............That attempt to engage!!!!!

Hitting and running is not pleasing to my eyes nor entertaining....  Its annoying to watch

I will never again buy a PBF PPV.  I already can tell you the ending without knowing the opponant

He gets props for being a great boxer but I'm all set with giving him another chance.  He says every fight he's gonna "Kick the other guys a**"... 

F****** stop it

Alright I got to say this is borderline idiotic, really, really idiotic and sorry Pride its as simple as that....

#1 He only quote unquote supposedly ran against Baldomir which is dumb for someone to say to begin with,but since you Floyd haters base your asanine arguments on that 1 fight, I'll give your argument enough fire then I will snuff it out even though he beat the Undisputed Linear World Recognized Welterweight Champion

#2 Then the guy moved up 24 pounds from his initial weight class fought and won against argualbly the #1 at junior middle and one of the generations best fighters.. Not only did he completely befuddle and mezmorize Delahoya to follow him around the ring in a trance(like he does with all the others) he rocked and buckled his knees on 3 occasions

So 2 base a career off of 2 fights is absolutely riduculous and shows you know extremely little about Floyd to begin with and havent really followed his career at all. For such a runner and non-engager he has quite a KO %    Albeit his KO% has waned since moving up.he has been able to sustain the skills and attributes at a higher weight, which is just a testament of his excellence, and just like Evander Holyfield Floyd comes in at excellent shape and condition everytime out, his work ethic is 2nd to none....

And yes this Floyd fan need apply

Youtube is free my man I suggest you brush up on your Floyd fights.... Hope that helped

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"the #1 at junior middle "- NO WAY was Oscar number 1 at 154!!!?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boom Boom Mancini

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paulie... After that fight with Cotto... May not have won but backed up that fat mouth of his and earned my respect.

Gatti... Nothing needs to be said.

Chico... see above

Castillo... see above and above that...
    Hillarious.

Floyd need not apply...why?

BECAUSE HE BEAT THE FIRST THREE FIGHTERS ON YOUR LIST?
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Paulie... After that fight with Cotto... May not have won but backed up that fat mouth of his and earned my respect.

Gatti... Nothing needs to be said.

Chico... see above

Castillo... see above and above that...
    Hillarious.

Floyd need not apply...why?

BECAUSE HE BEAT THE FIRST THREE FIGHTERS ON YOUR LIST?
    you mean the last three fighters

ICB Guest

Calm down fellas don't get salty over Mayweather again i think he was just joking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock

Today there is a lot.

Winky Wright
    Jeff Lacy
    Kelly Pavlik
    Ricky Hatton
    Miguel Cotto

He gets props for being a great boxer but I'm all set with giving him another chance.  He says every fight he's gonna "Kick the other guys a**"... 

F****** stop it

Alright I got to say this is borderline idiotic, really, really idiotic and sorry Pride its as simple as that....

#1 He only quote unquote supposedly ran against Baldomir which is dumb for someone to say to begin with,but since you Floyd haters base your asanine arguments on that 1 fight, I'll give your argument enough fire then I will snuff it out even though he beat the Undisputed Linear World Recognized Welterweight Champion

#2 Then the guy moved up 24 pounds from his initial weight class fought and won against argualbly the #1 at junior middle and one of the generations best fighters.. Not only did he completely befuddle and mezmorize Delahoya to follow him around the ring in a trance(like he does with all the others) he rocked and buckled his knees on 3 occasions

So 2 base a career off of 2 fights is absolutely riduculous and shows you know extremely little about Floyd to begin with and havent really followed his career at all. For such a runner and non-engager he has quite a KO %     Albeit his KO% has waned since moving up.he has been able to sustain the skills and attributes at a higher weight, which is just a testament of his excellence, and just like Evander Holyfield Floyd comes in at excellent shape and condition everytime out, his work ethic is 2nd to none....

And yes this Floyd fan need apply

Youtube is free my man I suggest you brush up on your Floyd fights.... Hope that helped
    OK You're right...  He is a huge engager who earns fans by fighting in a pleasing style...  

F**kin stop it.

When's the last time he, how does he say it before every fight, "Kicked someone's ass"

Gatti?

And yeah he threw quite the beating on Oscar.......

I have actually seen every PBF fight baring the first 2 and fifth...  So thanks for all the info.

As you will see above I say he is fantastic technically... I said he is "to good a fighter" That doesn't mean he "earns fans"

He does not earn his fans

He does not care about attracting them with the way he fights...  He uses his theatrics outside the ring.

You act like I just said something about your mother

Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey
    Boom Boom Mancini
    Yeah, he fought his ass off against Arguello, if that's what you mean. Took the loss like a man. "I was just proud to give him one of his toughest fights" was one Mancini quote I remember well. If you were able to pay attention at the time, those two had quite the mutual admiration society going. before and after the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carlos Baldomir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zzz
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey
    Boom Boom Mancini
    Yeah, he fought his a** off against Arguello, if that's what you mean. Took the loss like a man. "I was just proud to give him one of his toughest fights" was one Mancini quote I remember well. If you were able to pay attention at the time, those two had quite the mutual admiration society going. before and after the fight.
    7 weeks later,he was fighting again
    He might have been the most technical,or fastest fighter,but he had the heart of lion,and he fought whatever you put in front of him
    If anyone deserves the definition of earning his fans the hard way,its him

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't quite know what you mean by "the hard way" - what hard way did gatti earn his fans? by fighting a slug fest? that wasn't him earning fans the hard way, that was gatti doing the only thing he could do... respect for him, but why should we all get our dicks out and shoot one off for gatti and his wars when he done what he could only do, whilst sure mayweather will never be in a major war like gatti, but he done things his way and is a fuck lot more succesfull

LEt me tell ya sumin... its a hell of alot harder to earn your fans through pure skill than going in there going all out... coz thos guys lose and wecheer them again coz they are freaking nuts... whislt guys like mayweather have to be at their absolute best and keep on winning convincinly otherwise they lsoe 'fans' and get shit on time and time again.

this thread is more of a "name who you love" coz hardly any of the ones said have earnd their fans the hard way.. winky and carlos have, going all over the place for shit money fighting shit guys to try and get somewhere, getting shit and and screwed now thats the fucking hard way, getting paid a shit load of cash to go in there and win or lose as long as you excit, it may be brave, it may be borde rline crazy, but ti sure as hell isn't the hard way... tbh its prolly the easiest way, coz it doesn't require the skill of a p4p champ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hagler and Chavez and McCallum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward
    Augustus
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Thread Information