Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: This video clip shows a very dangerous Liston!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default This video clip shows a very dangerous Liston!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc_268cv1pI

When i first come across this clip i was like wow at listons physical shape, he looked trim, standing in at 6'1" he weighed only 210. Liston really was a big 6'1 guy, he had massive 15 inch hands and you can see the size of his feet compared to any of his opponents, his reach is also extraordinary. he looked in great shape, unlike the bulkier version which fought clay later on. he looks very rangy here too, he uses his 84 inch reach very well here, keeping the smaller man on the end of his powerful punches.

i thought he was boxing technically, he used a beautiful jab. he is aggressive yet not rushing, very composed. i thought foreman was the copy of liston,....i dont think so. they were both very good at what they did, but liston could really box!

look at the punch (4:14 mark). a left hook to the body which lifts his opponent of his feet. this guy had serious power. Foreman once said that liston was the only guy who could stop him dead in his tracks with punches, and he couldnt budge liston, if that doesnt say it all then i dont know what does about his power and chin!

then look at the beautiful flurry towards the end, at the 5:41 mark, he unleashes rangy, powerful punches in nice combos, he is brutal here, aggressive but very composed not like the wild swinging fighter he can be. he throws short powerful punches, and when he finishes the flurry he doesnt carry on throwing useless punches, he gets him at the end of his jab again (something what foreman did after a flurry which failed to knock is opponent out, like in the frazier) foreman and fraizer both used their reach well.

Awesome fighter, i love watching his fights.

Liston in his Prime truly was a dangerous fighter!

ICB Guest

Default Re: This video clip shows a very dangerous Liston!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: This video clip shows a very dangerous Liston!

also if you watch any of his fights, listen to any of his opponents punches land, the sound is nuttin compared to listons punches when they land - like bricks being thrown against a wall!

Thread Information