Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: If Kostya Tszyu could make 140????

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If Kostya Tszyu could make 140????

With the weakness of the 140 division at the moment, if Kostya could get down to 140 again i could see him winning two belts against malignaggi, and Witter.....
    Is this an option for him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Kostya Tszyu could make 140????

with all due respect to mr tszyu if he came bck he would beat every 1 there bar hatton who would make him quit again.peace
    Pleased to make your acquaintance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448
    with all due respect to mr tszyu if he came bck he would beat every 1 there bar hatton who would make him quit again.peace
    Thats why i didnt mention hatton.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He would beat Witter and Malignaggi on the same night!
    Can't make 140lb, he is walking around at close to 160 at the moment so it's 147
    or nothing. Would knock Hatton out at 147lb though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN
    He would beat Witter and Malignaggi on the same night!
    Can't make 140lb, he is walking around at close to 160 at the moment so it's 147
    or nothing. Would knock Hatton out at 147lb though!
    20lbs aint much mate, most boxers loose just as much as that, last time i saw KT he was more like 180.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he is 180lb then he isn't coming back at all, he has been working out a lot more this year though.
    Still, turning 38 in October and it's a lot harder shedding kilos at that age, I should know I've been battling for a year to shed10kg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kostya has been getting his weight down to play a secret agent in a Russian movie. He looks pretty fit. If he could make 140 he'd crush Paulie. Don't know anout Witter though. Witter is a lot better than people give him credit for, plus Kostya has been out for two years. But he would snap Paulie in two with one of those big right hands.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Witter is too random with his punches to disuade tszyu....MAB vs. Nas springs to mind (with a ko ending tho.)
    Paulie i believe would fair better actually but probably suffer a fate similar to that against Cotto.
    Demetrius hopkins could use a win over someone like Tszyu to propel him upward in the general publics estimation.

I think that 140 is not the division to return in, as Hatton is still the emperor there and a rematch with hatton would be pointless.
    I believe he is perfectly capable of being a contender if not champion at 147.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Witter is too random with his punches to disuade tszyu....MAB vs. Nas springs to mind (with a ko ending tho.)
    Paulie i believe would fair better actually but probably suffer a fate similar to that against Cotto.
    Demetrius hopkins could use a win over someone like Tszyu to propel him upward in the general publics estimation.

I think that 140 is not the division to return in, as Hatton is still the emperor there and a rematch with hatton would be pointless.
    So you think it would be easier at 147? How do you work that out mate? 147is the hottest division is boxing right now, 140 would be his best bet if he could make weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At this point after two years of inactivity and what, two fights in three and a half years, even if he could make 140 I think he would lose to both those other guys besides Hatton. I think his time is up and he should enjoy retirement. Just my opinion. I think he's done....Jody
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=skel1983 ]
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny

Certainly not easier, but more profitable for him and i feel a lot easier to make progress.
    At 140 there are'nt near as many top quality opponents as in the welter ranks, And i believe because of his age etc. the weight loss to get down to 140 would severely drain to an extent that he would actually perform better at 147...Jus an opinion

Thread Information