Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Which of the following would have caused the most heated arguments and debates had Saddo's been arou

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Boxing Incident Would Have Caused the Biggest Uproar on This Board?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What Boxing Incident Would Have Caused the Biggest Uproar on This Board?

What would have set this board off more than anything else?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What Boxing Incident Would Have Caused the Biggest Uproar on This Board?

Without a single doubt in my mind the JCC-JT I, stoppage would have and 'till this days causes havoc when the subject comes about.
    Thats what I voted for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What Boxing Incident Would Have Caused the Biggest Uproar on This Board?

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Without a single doubt in my mind the JCC-JT I, stoppage would have and 'till this days causes havoc when the subject comes about.
    Thats what I voted for.
    The way you said it, now I'm convinced, so I chose it too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hard to say.

Would have loved to see the ear biting incident in a Wacko DRBR. Perhaps Wacko might like to honor us with a golden flashback to that one .

Given the almost godlike status of Roberto Duran around here, I'll say No Mas.

Good thread! cc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted for the ear biting.
    What about these.
    Tysons loss to Douglas?
    Lewis v Holyfield 1 decision?
    Mccalls tantrum?
    RJJ Ko'd by Tarver would have to rank with No Mas.
    Any others?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think all 4 would have caused the board to shut down with the 'server too busy' page popping up, but I'd have to say Hagler-Leonard, because that was just such a mega fight that had been anticipated basically for the entire 80s. Just think of all the hoopla leading up to DLH-Mayweather, now multiply that by 15, and that's what Leonard-Hagler was. That decision would have just been the icing on the cake of a time bomb of arguments for days on end.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would be arguing that Hagler won that fight!!! I just watched the Legendary nights for that fight last weekend. It kind of made Sugar Ray out to be a villian...dodging Hagler, refusing him his shot, only to retire. Then he comes back and expects Hagler to jump at the chance....I love that Hagler blew him off at first. Antofermo was a bs decision too. I am gonna play the racism card on that one....Dalby Shirley was the culprit!!! That guys is ridiculous, I always cringe when I see he is judging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zzz
    Hard to say.

Would have loved to see the ear biting incident in a Wacko DRBR. Perhaps Wacko might like to honor us with a golden flashback to that one .

Given the almost godlike status of Roberto Duran around here, I'll say No Mas.

Good thread! cc
    I agree it's gotta be No Mas. I can just see now SaltheButcher and Hulk constantly calling Leonard a pu$$y

El Kabong Guest

where's the Jack Johnson-Jess Willard, did he take a dive or not....that would have been a HUGE topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    where's the Jack Johnson-Jess Willard, did he take a dive or not....that would have been a HUGE topic.
    Don't quite think the internet was around then numbnuts.

El Kabong Guest

....oh but it WAS around for the NO MAS fight.....oh sorry dude, I didn't have a connection for my Commadore 64

El Kabong Guest

Please tell me that Al Sharpton av is in jest because if it isn't there are going to be a lot more problems between me and you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted for the ear bite. There are so many avenues for debate here it's ridiculous. For instance... was Holyfield headbutting Tyson on purpose?

CC, Clean.

Nice question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's between no mas and tyson for me. I could see a bunch of threads started for either entitled "What The Fuck was that? I voted no mas because no one likes to see a guy just quit like that but tyson bitting holyfields ear could be just as big.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has to be Chavez v Taylor stoppage for me cos like CMM said we're still talking about it now!

If your talking about which incident is the most sensational, the most outrageous it'd be between No Mas or the ear biting Tyson, but I tend to think us lot are real boxing fans and to this day JCC v Taylor stoppage is a huge topic of debate.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Thread Information