Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'I'd smash Inkin to bits with one leg and thrash Reid and Catley' - Froch

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 'I'd smash Inkin to bits with one leg and thrash Reid and Catley' - Froch

I hope some one shuts Froch up soon. WHEN HE MAKES THE STEP UP WE WILL SEE HOW GOOD HE REALLY IS.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 'I'd smash Inkin to bits with one leg and thrash Reid and Catley' - Froch

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    Well he's just retired Tatevosyan who he floored in 2 rounds (something Bute and Eastman couldn't do-f8ck me, he took them Both the full 12) so he must have something about him.
    Do agree he needs to get his skates on
    A very good win against Tatevosyan and I certainly believe Froch has talent and ability, he also has respectable power.
    He has high World rankings though that may say more about the genuine depth in the division rather than him earning the high positions.
    I'm not a fan of the fighter but I'd still like to see him tested its almost like hes waiting for Calzaghe to get old.
    He could be the real deal but hes gonna have to bite the bullet and prove it.
    The last brash, loud mouth Brit that tried fell flat on his face and my gut instinct is that the same will happen to Froch and there will be plenty cheering if it does happen.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I take it you mean Hamed, I was not a fan of his but even I have to admit that Naseem was miles ahead in terms of fighting champs and quality names

Froch is yet to face a former champ let alone current champ

I remeber Mathew Barney looking good against froch

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched Calzaghe v Reid for the first time, for some reason when it actually happened, i couldnt get near a tv with sky, I did listen on the radio though.

Reid was out for 14 months after losing to Malinga, it showed in the first few rounds but slowly he got in to it, in the 5th he hurts Calzaghe and Joe starts backing off, after that robin blocked a good 80% of Joes shots and ive never seen anyone land as many clean right hands on Joe as Robin did, one nice shot span Joes head around but it landed on his cheek, if it had been his chin, ive no doubt Joe would have tasted the canvas.

Froch has alot to live up to, this fight deserved a rematch and if Reid would have got a staright rematch he probably would have won, the career inactivity bvefore hand ruined his early rounds, he could have been sharp from the first bell

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    Just watched Calzaghe v Reid for the first time, for some reason when it actually happened, i couldnt get near a tv with sky, I did listen on the radio though.

Reid was out for 14 months after losing to Malinga, it showed in the first few rounds but slowly he got in to it, in the 5th he hurts Calzaghe and Joe starts backing off, after that robin blocked a good 80% of Joes shots and ive never seen anyone land as many clean right hands on Joe as Robin did, one nice shot span Joes head around but it landed on his cheek, if it had been his chin, ive no doubt Joe would have tasted the canvas.

Froch has alot to live up to, this fight deserved a rematch and if Reid would have got a staright rematch he probably would have won, the career inactivity bvefore hand ruined his early rounds, he could have been sharp from the first bell
    Calzaghe broke his hand early in Reid fight i think Calzaghe would of took Reid by ud in rematch by about 4 rounds maybe 3.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He said nothing about a hurt hand imediatly afterwards, he did say he hurt his elbow in his last fight

Reid would give him trouble whenever they fought, just his style

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    He said nothing about a hurt hand imediatly afterwards, he did say he hurt his elbow in his last fight

Reid would give him trouble whenever they fought, just his style
    There were things wrong with Calzaghe in the fight injurys ect but Reid still done well i scored the fight a draw but i think in rematch Calzaghe would of beat Reid easier by about 3 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup

I think he'd spark Kessler all day long but would find Calzaghe a tougher opponent.
    Interestingly though,while watching Bika v Bute the commentator spoke with Bika a few days before and he'd been sparring with Kessler,Bika claims that Kessler is a monster compared with Joe.
    Sour grapes..? maybe...maybe not.
    I think it is because Bika is being paid on a regualr basis by the Kessler camp, i wouldnt look to much into it, the gfeneral feeling is Calzaghe is the favourite. 8/13 most Bookies have Joe if the fight happens.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any news on Robins or Carls training ?

Havent heard much in the media about this fight which is odd as both like to talk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch says Reid is way past his best which he is by a long way so why is he fighting him? Reid is isnt even ranked in the top ten he should be fighting better fighters than Reid at this time in his career!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch has slipped outta the top ten Best British Boxers because of his failure to move on to bigger fights.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch has done nothing with his career and looks to do nothing either, he has run his moth for to long and at almost 30 has fought no one anyone will remeber or care about in a few years time. Reid is shot and has been for along time, Forch i believe is a shit out and is fighting nobodys untill the big ones at SMw leave and he can rule it without trouble.

Kessler, Lacy, Calzaghe all beat froch with ease.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch IS in his 30's

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's becoming more common to see fighters succesful in their 30's n 40's

Thread Information