Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default British fighters will NEVER get the credit they deserve

Sorry to generalize, but it's just the truth.

If either Hatton or Calzaghe was American (in fact not even if they were American, just not if they wer British!!!) no way on earth they would get the disrespect they do. I know there are many great objective posters on here, but still far too many idiots.

Come on how often to 2 prime fighters ever meet - it really doesn't happen that often, so why to the Brits always get the manual of excuses thrown at them when ever they beat somebody.

Make me laught with Tszyu for example, nobody mentioned anything about him being shot before the Hatton fight, people were saying , 'he was fresh as he had only fought once in 2 and a half years', 'he was at his best after destroying Mitchell', 'he had never been in any wars so would not a tired fighter', and of course that 'Hatton had little to chance of winning'

....Hatton wins and then suddenly everybody suspected he may win becuase Tszyu was old and shot (even though he had had less fights than Hatton - and regardless of a reasonable opposition had hardly been to the trenches)

Everybody calls Calzaghe out to fight Lacy and agrees that this is the fight that will prove that he is the man. Lacy is called 'The Middleweight Mike Tyson' touted as the next superstar of Amercican boxing' appears on billboards at Superbowl, and is going to destroy Calzaghe

......... Calzaghe absolutely ruins the guy, and Lacy is suddenly a rookie, wet behind the ears, unproven, overhyped.

..and now Hatton beats Castillo and Castillo is hot aswell!!

JUST BECAUSE SOMEBODY WINS A FIGHT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THERE IS SOMETHING FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG WITH THEIR OPPONENT, THEY MAY ACTUALLY HAVE SIMPLY BEEN BEATEN BY THE BETTER FIGHTER ON THE NIGHT!!

So tired of this crap, can't be bothered with any of it anymore

As I said this is not aimed at everybody, just a group of nobbers

God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: British fighters will NEVER get the credit they deserve

I'm pretty sure mayweather gets hated on more than calzaghe or hatton and i dunno if you know this, but the biggest calzaghe basher on this forum is from the U.K. (i'm not gonna say any names tho)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fact of the matter is, a 0 brings haters. Thats all there is to it. People can't comprehend how anybody can go undefeated at ANYTHING let alone boxing.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    I'm pretty sure mayweather gets hated on more than calzaghe or hatton and i dunno if you know this, but the biggest calzaghe basher on this forum is from the U.K. (i'm not gonna say any names tho)
    Lol you're not wrong mate
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fact of the matter is, a 0 brings haters. Thats all there is to it. People can't comprehend how anybody can go undefeated at ANYTHING let alone boxing.
    Things is if you look at MAB, he fought 44 raod sweepers before fighting for a title, same kind of thing with Chavez - they don't get much grief

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    Things is if you look at MAB, he fought 44 raod sweepers before fighting for a title, same kind of thing with Chavez - they don't get much grief
    Come on man there's people that thought valuev was an indestructible machine. If its any consolation, during my prob stat course i learned that its estimated that a third of the earths population has a below ideal iq level. And as they say, the empty can rattles the most

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'd be mighty nice if castillo was able to continue to fight on at 140 and earn a title

Then what would they say?
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB
    It'd be mighty nice if castillo was able to continue to fight on at 140 and earn a title

By tool logic, that would mean the guy castillo would get the title from is more washed up than he is. You can't win with them, you just gotta show them the facts and walk away.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WOT ME LOL
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By tool logic, that would mean the guy castillo would get the title from is more washed up than he is. You can't win with them, you just gotta show them the facts and walk away.
    I'd love to see castillo beat witter badly to earn a title

Then i would like to hear what excuses they have..And these are the same people saying hatton should fight witter
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm from america.. and as far as respect i think its not just british but european boxers in general that get hated on out here...

truthfully alot of people i know give alot of credit to sturm for the DLH fight but few other european fighters...

there is a term that used to be real big in america "fighting european style" which means straight up, boaring, and stiff, just hitting with scoring blows... and of course they have no heart..

about 15 of the 20 alphabet titles belong to europeans at 160(middle-weight) to heavyweight

with champions such as calzaghe, kessler, mormeck, klitchko, abraham, clinton woods..

And prodigies like Lee, duddy, Povectkin which hardly anyone talks about on here... they are VERY BRIGHT STARS FOR THE FUTURE OF BOXING

And thats just at 160 and above

There has been a revolutionary turn in boxing from North America to Europe in the middle-heavyweight divisions and it rarely gets media attention(except the domination of a poor HW division) nor does it get the fans respect like one would expect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love to see castillo beat witter badly to earn a title

Then i would like to hear what excuses they have..And these are the same people saying hatton should fight witter
    You know they're all just scared that their superstars (ODLH, Cotto, Judah,Mayweather and Mosley) might actually get beat by the man they talked all that mess about, so they'd rather Hatton stuck at 140 so they can always say "But Hatton never faught Floyd, Cotto, etc... so he ain't all that,"
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather gets hated on here and everywhere for throwing money at the camera and trash talking among other things.. every educated boxing fan on here generally agrees mayweather is p4p #1 though

his point is british fighters dont just get hated on but have their skills as a boxer degraded on by a disproportionate part of boxing fans simply because they are stigma attached for be british...

calzaghe would be 3rd ring p4p if he was from mexico or ohio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fire
    Mayweather gets hated on here and everywhere for throwing money at the camera and trash talking among other things.. every educated boxing fan on here generally agrees mayweather is p4p #1 though

his point is british fighters dont just get hated on but have their skills as a boxer degraded on by a disproportionate part of boxing fans simply because they are stigma attached for be british...

calzaghe would be 3rd ring p4p if he was from mexico or ohio

I dont think Mayweather is Pound for Pound i think he is well choreagrphed boxer but not ever a slighty good fighter !

Too many show outs

Castillio turned to the ref and complained 28 count them 28 times

Grena virtually had tears in his eyes

Judah did have tears in his eyes

Baldo complained about his hands again after walking to the ring in a gladiator suit

and lets face he was out of ideas whilst Oscar had air in his lungs .

Mayweather is just okay he's built his career on also rans and shit fighters he's a real pussy and just a shit human being .

Hatton and Calzaghe have fighting instinct and prowess they have great boxing brains but their respective heart and sheer tenacity overwhelm their more selective thought

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    Oh, Chavez gets grief from me. I'm notorious for posting on Chavez' record whenever someone starts to spout off on how he won 100+ fights, blah, blah, blah. But as usual, someone always gets offended.

Thread Information